The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i second this. very good fantasy manhwa and the romance doesn't make me wanna pluck my eyes out with a spoon.
    Very much enjoying it, very much enjoying the hyper-competent central character who gets some of the best blandly delivered lines.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Truth, that was awesome. They're all 'ha, puny mortal?' Then once they hear his name, without any real attempt at saving face they just 'Woah.' *backs down*

Clearly they really know their Strange, which is, agreed, perfect. The only thing I would add would be rhyming incantations, but those went out a long time ago and probably take up a lot of writing time, coming up with new ones. ^_^
    “THE WONG? Yea naw I’m good bro, so what you gotta do” 💀

Yea like everything he draws in the title fits the tone of a book like this, and that last issue reveal definitely lore heavy I think. Great way to end a mystery too
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The kind of Marisa I strive to be.

Also **** Froggy, long time no see. How you been?
    Working hard, being a teacher and getting back into street fighter and playing a console liek a ps5. I played gen the other day and found him with a “you the gen from cbr?” Type message

How about you?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Adventures with Superman.

New animated show that focuses on fairly young versions of Clark, Lois and Jimmy being interns on The Daily Planet and investigating the mysterious new hero that has appeared in Metropolis.

Clearly has some anime influences and stylings. It's going for a charming but grand an epic style.
    It reminds me of All-Star Superman, in a good way. And, of course, it made chuds on Twitter upset, because Lois is Asian.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Working hard, being a teacher and getting back into street fighter and playing a console liek a ps5. I played gen the other day and found him with a “you the gen from cbr?” Type message

How about you?
    Oh, ****, hey, Froggy. You still on Da Islands? I haven't been in a long time, and I need to go back to O'ahu at some point.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

“THE WONG? Yea naw I’m good bro, so what you gotta do” ��

Yea like everything he draws in the title fits the tone of a book like this, and that last issue reveal definitely lore heavy I think. Great way to end a mystery too
    Really works for Strange as an author. Clearly loves the character, has delved into the all of the stories, is determined to keep that feeling while still putting their own stamp on it...all good. None of this silly 'I will rewrite Stephen's magic system or make him lose his magic and find another kind because I have a cool idea for how it will work' garbage that has been happening for, oh, 15 years now, on and off.

I find it amusing that (under this writer) Stephen fears Doom (which makes some sense, given Doom has access to stuff Stephen can't predict and has done all kinds of insane things in the past), but Clea clearly doesn't. Wary of Doom? Sure. But certainly not afraid of him, and Doom makes a classic mistake with Clea himself in their encounter, gravely underestimating her.

Awesome, and awesome bumping into Ggen. ^_^

I recall playing Mass Effect multiplayer with CoR, good times.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, it looks like Guyver will be resuming serialization in September. Thank freakin' Christ.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I have started reading The Heroic Legend of Arslan which is an adaptation of a series of novels drawn by Hiromu Arakawa of Fullmetal Alchemist and Silver Spoon fame. A very beautifully drawn and very pacy period drama. Political intrigue, good sword fights, a lot of horse-combat.

3 Volumes deep, it's real good so far!
    Ah man, I think this was the first anime I ever saw. I remember my brothers getting it from the local video shop. I remember a sword fight and a bit of blood. I was 5 so of course this was the greatest thing in history.

Your recommendation has me thinking I'll look up the manga!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Ah man, I think this was the first anime I ever saw. I remember my brothers getting it from the local video shop. I remember a sword fight and a bit of blood. I was 5 so of course this was the greatest thing in history.

Your recommendation has me thinking I'll look up the manga!
    Oh man, it totally had an adaptation in the 90s, that's cool!

Hope you enjoy the manga, I'm having a really good time with it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Oh man, it totally had an adaptation in the 90s, that's cool!

Hope you enjoy the manga, I'm having a really good time with it.
    Man, look at this 90s-ass anime:

Gorgeous stuff!
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-11-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Swiss army nerd

Man, look at this 90s-ass anime:

Gorgeous stuff!
    Well, I know what I'm doing with my next spare hour!

How about you?
    Yea he mentioned that, didn't think I'd catch you in Khazan though! The Streets is where the real fun is. Glad to hear you're doing well and teaching the good stuff though!

Been doing alright on my end though, making some changes, started a new gig. You know, the fun stuff.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I need to get back to SF at some point myself. I got distracted around the time it came out just doing Diablo 4 stuff, and now that I'm done with the campaign there I'm doing Path of Exile again instead lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie