Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Finally bit the plunge after 8 long years and replaced my phone for a 5G model.

...I don't exactly care for the higher end stuff so went for the most basic yet significant upgrade.

My God, my apps actually runs smooth like butter even without a wifi connection.

Chainsaw Man: Welp, it looks like Pochita is going to making a reappearance in near future.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Oh, ****, hey, Froggy. You still on Da Islands? I haven't been in a long time, and I need to go back to O'ahu at some point.
    Yessir, still here still trying to live kinda
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Really works for Strange as an author. Clearly loves the character, has delved into the all of the stories, is determined to keep that feeling while still putting their own stamp on it...all good. None of this silly 'I will rewrite Stephen's magic system or make him lose his magic and find another kind because I have a cool idea for how it will work' garbage that has been happening for, oh, 15 years now, on and off.

I find it amusing that (under this writer) Stephen fears Doom (which makes some sense, given Doom has access to stuff Stephen can't predict and has done all kinds of insane things in the past), but Clea clearly doesn't. Wary of Doom? Sure. But certainly not afraid of him, and Doom makes a classic mistake with Clea himself in their encounter, gravely underestimating her.

Awesome, and awesome bumping into Ggen. ^_^

I recall playing Mass Effect multiplayer with CoR, good times.
    Yea I do like how jed Mackay isn’t trying to do too much (if that makes sense) with strange like previous writers and keepign it kinda simple. That whole era, while a few stories I liked, did get tiresome (loki as sorcerer supreme was kinda funny to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea he mentioned that, didn't think I'd catch you in Khazan though! The Streets is where the real fun is. Glad to hear you're doing well and teaching the good stuff though!

Been doing alright on my end though, making some changes, started a new gig. You know, the fun stuff.
    Yea I’m being a whole pillar of the community lowkey, and props for fresh starts as always. Gen mentioned that? That’s wild
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    This looks good, but it's more Rogue Trip than Twisted Metal.

...which is good, I preferred Rogue Trip.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Yessir, still here still trying to live kinda
    I'm told it's pretty bad with COVID fucking up the Hawaiian economy. A lot of haole are moving in, too... I hope it's not going to cause a tipping point, especially since real estate everywhere is so unsustainable.

Looking back at TV Tropes, I'm happy to have done much to add to the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series long before it got blown up in popularity and greatly expanded. Like did what I can at first to get it moving.

Or at least alleviate a tad on the Daigo Dojima character sheet cause early on it's like he's the butt of jokes for years before the series acknowledged those memes.

Besides, Tereda was by far the worse Chairman.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Yea I do like how jed Mackay isn’t trying to do too much (if that makes sense) with strange like previous writers and keepign it kinda simple. That whole era, while a few stories I liked, did get tiresome (loki as sorcerer supreme was kinda funny to me)
    It feels like they have taken what Strange lore existed and decided to build on it, rather than going the usual route of 'tear it all down and start from a different premise', which has been the norm for decades. As you say, not trying to do too much.

They certainly have put their own spin on it, which isn't a bad thing. Clea's personality, for example, is a change, though not completely different and very natural for her (and honestly, a bit improvement over her old personality). I liked it to the point of actually changing my avatar here for a few weeks - still Strange, but Clea Strange.
    But they've kept the basic ideas of everything very much intact while adding stuff to those ideas, stuff that doesn't really contradict or be problematic with the old stuff; rather, it enhances everything, gives more depth, explores character more.

I'm really liking that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm surprisingly upset that out of all the things that this short lived show had, it just never addresses what happened to Waldo.

Choujin X: Okay, that's got to be one of the most strangely earnest motivations for necromancy that I've read in a fictitious work. Also, it's existentially terrifying that death is not an actual release from life and your consciousness can remain trapped in your own corpse.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just re-re-re-re-re-re read "worst". still holds up. its the gold standard of high school delinquent manga. there are some that were pretty good: CLOVER, A-bout, study group, and at times, even "out". but "worst x crows" is the king of this sub genre.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.