Page 1104 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 1046041004105410941100110111021103110411051106110711081114 ... LastLast
Results 16,546 to 16,560 of 17033
  1. #16546
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post


    Happy Birthday to Me
    Happy Birthday!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #16547
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Venom vs Crona? Venom is pretty frickin' screwed.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  3. #16548
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Crona? Never stick around for next announcement, which one?

    Happy birthday Bruceleehulk!

  4. #16549
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Crona? Never stick around for next announcement, which one?

    Happy birthday Bruceleehulk!
    Soul Eater one.

    If you mean Anime or Manga, presumably the Manga one

  5. #16550
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Soul Eater one.

    If you mean Anime or Manga, presumably the Manga one
    They do fusion of all media on DB. Given Soul Eater have weird ass powers yeah I doubt Venom wins.

  6. #16551
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    They do fusion of all media on DB. Given Soul Eater have weird ass powers yeah I doubt Venom wins.
    Only when there is no clear cut canon (Like with TMNT)

    Normal procedure is that they only take stuff from non-primary canon when it doesn't contradict the primary canon. This can be seen in the Sailor Galaxia vs Beerus battle, where they didn't include stuff from the Anime's version of Sailor Galaxia, because of how different the Anime version was from the manga.

  7. #16552
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Only when there is no clear cut canon (Like with TMNT)

    Normal procedure is that they only take stuff from non-primary canon when it doesn't contradict the primary canon. This can be seen in the Sailor Galaxia vs Beerus battle, where they didn't include stuff from the Anime's version of Sailor Galaxia, because of how different the Anime version was from the manga.
    In the composite version they don't add the weird abilities that show up in one version but none of the others, like in the 2003 TMNT cartoon where Leonardo could turn into a dragon... Though they did also give him the magical odachi from Rise of the TMNT.

    They also tend to add multiple media for certain characters if its implied they're one continual canon, like with the Red Ranger, where they took feats from the TV show and the comics, or Goro where they used feats from the games and the comics.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  8. #16553
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    That was a pretty cool match. I thought for sure that it was going to go the other way around. That it didn't isn't a bad thing though.

    Next match up is weird but I kinda get it. Venom vs. Chrona. It'll be fun to see them analyze Chrona's manga feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Venom vs Crona? Venom is pretty frickin' screwed.
    Are you sure? I know Chrona gets pretty nuts towards the end of the series, but I wouldn't be surprised if Venom has a few crazy feats that might be dismissed here but that DB will accept head on.

    I am rooting for Chrona and Ragnarok though. Go you poor, miserable little crazy weirdos, you can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    In the composite version they don't add the weird abilities that show up in one version but none of the others, like in the 2003 TMNT cartoon where Leonardo could turn into a dragon... Though they did also give him the magical odachi from Rise of the TMNT.

    They also tend to add multiple media for certain characters if its implied they're one continual canon, like with the Red Ranger, where they took feats from the TV show and the comics, or Goro where they used feats from the games and the comics.
    They used to just combine all versions of the characters. Like in the Godzilla vs. Gamera episode they basically gave Godzilla the feats of all his movie incarnations, despite them being different versions.

  9. #16554

    Default

    Thanks Guys.

  10. #16555

    Default

    I had a nice birthday yesterday.

  11. #16556
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    I’m not being political here, but Boris Johnson cannot resist the urge to just be Boris.

    The UK Government has announced new restrictive anti-COVID social measures today. I’m fine with that.

    So Boris has given a televised address to the nation this evening to get the message across.

    He’s trying to appeal to the general populace, who frankly... aren’t very bright.

    All he has to do is keep the message clear. Use simple language. No Boris-like waffle.

    And yet in the first minute of his address, we got nonsense like “the iron laws of geometrical progression are shouting at us”.

    It’s gibberish. It’s like a computer AI picking words at random to try and simulate high-school poetry.

  12. #16557
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m not being political here, but Boris Johnson cannot resist the urge to just be Boris.

    The UK Government has announced new restrictive anti-COVID social measures today. I’m fine with that.

    So Boris has given a televised address to the nation this evening to get the message across.

    He’s trying to appeal to the general populace, who frankly... aren’t very bright.

    All he has to do is keep the message clear. Use simple language. No Boris-like waffle.

    And yet in the first minute of his address, we got nonsense like “the iron laws of geometrical progression are shouting at us”.

    It’s gibberish. It’s like a computer AI picking words at random to try and simulate high-school poetry.
    Not to be political but our current Prime Minister is awful.

    He recently said in Parliament he thought that abject collapse of our track and trace system was in no way related to the impending second wave.

    Woooo.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-22-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  13. #16558
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They used to just combine all versions of the characters. Like in the Godzilla vs. Gamera episode they basically gave Godzilla the feats of all his movie incarnations, despite them being different versions.
    Godzilla, I think, falls under the same "composite as there is no definitive version" banner as Leonardo. Godzilla's backstory in particular tends to change based on the "era", and even changes within the same era depending on the film. Outside of that, the Godzillas are generally the same monster (well, minus size, but his size has never really been what you'd consider "consistent") and the odd power, but nothing too "outside his wheelhouse" as far as that goes. Yes, even the electromagnetism, since he regularly powers up by absorbing natural electricity.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  14. #16559
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Godzilla, I think, falls under the same "composite as there is no definitive version" banner as Leonardo. Godzilla's backstory in particular tends to change based on the "era", and even changes within the same era depending on the film. Outside of that, the Godzillas are generally the same monster (well, minus size, but his size has never really been what you'd consider "consistent") and the odd power, but nothing too "outside his wheelhouse" as far as that goes. Yes, even the electromagnetism, since he regularly powers up by absorbing natural electricity.
    The more recent MechaGodzilla Deathbattle indicates that Godzilla no longer falls under compsoite rules (Though that may be because the MechaGodzillas are more distinct from each other)

  15. #16560
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,876

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •