Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Happy Birthday To Me!
    Grattis på födelsedagen!

Hope you have a Super Sentai day.

Happy Birthday, Guy!

Happy Birthday, Guy.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Happy b-day, Guy!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Thanks so much for all the warm wishes everyone!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Happy Birthday, Guy!

That looks awesome Tami. Thank you.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Congratulations on being one year closer to death, Guy!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Congratulations on being one year closer to death, Guy!
    You sure know how to make a person feel old.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You sure know how to make a person feel old.
    I'm reasonably sure I'm older than Guy, so I'm even closer than he is...

Awww man, now I'm sad.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Happy Birthday, Boss-Guy!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's admittedly difficult to manage to balance the mage-types with non-mage types in games - either you end up with the 3.x issue, or the magic becomes pretty freaking weak. If this game has managed it, good going.
    To my understanding, it's not like balanced on some knife's edge competitively or anything. But magic classes do feel like they're powerful but not the end all be all in the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've always been disappointed with the Monk class in other editions. Glad to hear there has been an improvement.

Amusing about the wildmage, though. ^_^
    Monks actually aren't reliant on attack spam in 5th edition, a role which the Fighter has generally moved to take. Instead, they've got a ton of movement and tactical options based on expending precious ki points, and feel like they're particularly good at getting in the face of people who don't want their face gotten into.

My personal favorite is the Way of the Long Death Monk. At level 3, you get an ability which gives you temporary hit points based on your Wisdom modifier plus Monk level every time you kill something. And then at level 11, you get an ability that lets you expend one ki point to go from zero hit points to one hit point. In the right context, the Way of the Long Death Monk can out-tank anybody, and at the least it enables you to try some crazy stuff.

If you ever do DM a 5th edition campaign, I would suggest letting the Monk multiclass into Moon Druid and use unarmed strikes in animal form.

Glad you were born, Guy-sensei!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    To my understanding, it's not like balanced on some knife's edge competitively or anything. But magic classes do feel like they're powerful but not the end all be all in the endgame.

Monks actually aren't reliant on attack spam in 5th edition, a role which the Fighter has generally moved to take. Instead, they've got a ton of movement and tactical options based on expending precious ki points, and feel like they're particularly good at getting in the face of people who don't want their face gotten into.

My personal favorite is the Way of the Long Death Monk. At level 3, you get an ability which gives you temporary hit points based on your Wisdom modifier plus Monk level every time you kill something. And then at level 11, you get an ability that lets you expend one ki point to go from zero hit points to one hit point. In the right context, the Way of the Long Death Monk can out-tank anybody, and at the least it enables you to try some crazy stuff.

If you ever do DM a 5th edition campaign, I would suggest letting the Monk multiclass into Moon Druid and use unarmed strikes in animal form.
    Team Four Star did a DnD 5e campaign with a very busted Fishman Monk, though part of that was rolling high in Stat generation

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Team Four Star did a DnD 5e campaign with a very busted Fishman Monk, though part of that was rolling high in Stat generation
    And even when they even out the stats via the point buy system the monk was ridiculous simply because Lanipator (the player) consistently rolled really well, especially during combat.

Somebody calculated that he rolled a 13 on average.