Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well, you'll never find out if you don't try to engage in good faith instead of presuming the worst of other posters, now will you?

So did everybody else in the MHA world.

While certainly this affects him in a personal level as much as Izuku insofar as All Might's pedstal is his goal, I'm not sure how this is relevant to what I brought up earlier regarding his peers' unconditional positive regard and his lack of character growth.

Moreover, his getting kidnapped had nothing to do with him being punished for his grating attitude toward his peers. He told the villains to stuff it, after all.

Sure. But nobody said that he didn't, it's an issue of holding him to account for being, dare I say, toxically competitive.

It is my opinion, shown by the page posted above, that he remains as small-minded and belligerent as he's always been. Part of that, certainly, is in keeping with his base characterization, but in this length of time perhaps I am wanting too much.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see as the manga progresses.
    Part of that is that Japan is a culture that puts a lot of value in competitiveness. But even in that regard, Bakugo has grown. At the beginning of the series, he saw people trying to do better than him as a personal attack, but not he just sees it as a reason to work harder. The underlying motives are much less toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So Deku is basically fighting The End now isn't he?

Any advice, Snake?
    ...heh, it is kinda funny that Nagant is working for "The Boss"

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Attempting to reproduce other fictional characters in D&D? Ew.

I mean, don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with trying to emulate cool things from other places in D&D. Just that I find there's always either something wanted that's missing from the end result or something unwanted that's inseparable from the end result that ultimately makes said end result feel off.

And things feeling off is just... eww.
    Well I can understand that. But the good thing about Disney Princesses, is that other than the fact that they are female (usually) and sing well, you can entirely define the rest of the character as an all new princess and thus, no Eww.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Knife Mage (Rogue): I CAST KNIFE.
    Bone, ice, metal, psychic, stone, or something completely different?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Extraordinary Member

New One Piece fighter in the works. Interestingly, it's mostly Easy Blue stuff thus far.

EDIT: Apparently it's for Mobile. Hmm.
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 05-16-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So Deku is basically fighting The End now isn't he?

Any advice, Snake?
    Snake: Uhhhh... How old is she?

Izuku: In her 20s.

Snake: ****. Well, I don't think you can wait for her to die of old age then.

spoilers:
    Izuku: Well... she DOES have a second Quirk, and if what I've learned isn't specific to OfA and Quirk users, then that'll significantly reduce her lifespan.

Snake: That's good... By how much is her lifespan reduced?

Izuku: She'll live about 20 years from when she received the second Quirk.

Snake: And this second Quirk of hers is pretty much brand new?

Izuku: Seems that way.

Snake:... Think you can survive 20 years until she just drops dead?

Izuku: Probably not. Considering there's plenty of other people who want to capture me.

Snake: Then you're gonna kill her.

Izuku: But I can't kill her!

Snake: Then I've got nothing for you. All my advice beyond waiting for her to drop dead involves you killing her.

Izuku:... ****.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Snake: Uhhhh... How old is she?

Izuku: In her 20s.

Snake: ****. Well, I don't think you can wait for her to die of old age then.

spoilers:
    Izuku: Well... she DOES have a second Quirk, and if what I've learned isn't specific to OfA and Quirk users, then that'll significantly reduce her lifespan.

Snake: That's good... By how much is her lifespan reduced?

Izuku: She'll live about 20 years from when she received the second Quirk.

Snake: And this second Quirk of hers is pretty much brand new?

Izuku: Seems that way.

Snake:... Think you can survive 20 years until she just drops dead?

Izuku: Probably not. Considering there's plenty of other people who want to capture me.

Snake: Then you're gonna kill her.

Izuku: But I can't kill her!

Snake: Then I've got nothing for you. All my advice beyond waiting for her to drop dead involves you killing her.

Izuku:... ****.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Bone, ice, metal, psychic, stone, or something completely different?
    Or Cloud of.

(I mean it’s technically Cloud of Daggers, but they’re knives, right?)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Got your email, Beadle. Huge thanks. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Or Cloud of.

(I mean it’s technically Cloud of Daggers, but they’re knives, right?)
    Hah. There's an NPC in my tabletop Anima game with the Sagittarius Impossible Weapon (throw anything); dude also has a Ki Dominion tech where he tosses dozens of sharp weapons into the air around himself, then - moving so quickly his hands can't even be seen - he plucks them out of the air and hurls them downrange toward his target in this stream of blades. Ends up being a 'trail of destruction' ranged attack.

Closest thing to a cloud of daggers I can think of. ^_^

Edit: Amusingly, you met the dude in the online game. Seraphina felt Fisher to be a tad suspicious. She was right to be - he killed the final 'assassin' at the inn with a delayed damage, thrown ice cube. ^_^ From that whisky glass he had when she checked in on him and Pluma in their room.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-17-2021 at 04:20 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Got your email, Beadle. Huge thanks. ^_^
    Not a problem.

Hah. There's an NPC in my tabletop Anima game with the Sagittarius Impossible Weapon (throw anything); dude also has a Ki Dominion tech where he tosses dozens of sharp weapons into the air around himself, then - moving so quickly his hands can't even be seen - he plucks them out of the air and hurls them downrange toward his target in this stream of blades. Ends up being a 'trail of destruction' ranged attack.

Closest thing to a cloud of daggers I can think of. ^_^

Edit: Amusingly, you met the dude in the online game. Seraphina felt Fisher to be a tad suspicious. She was right to be - he killed the final 'assassin' at the inn with a delayed damage, thrown ice cube. ^_^ From that whisky glass he had when she checked in on him and Pluma in their room.
    Hah. Nice. I like those little shared universe touches.

Not a problem.

Hah. Nice. I like those little shared universe touches.
    My viewpoint is that all of my Anima games take place on the same world. Makes for a little bit of fun for me when players - even ones who have never played in another of my games - encounter something from one of the other games. GM needs to have fun as well.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My viewpoint is that all of my Anima games take place on the same world. Makes for a little bit of fun for me when players - even ones who have never played in another of my games - encounter something from one of the other games. GM needs to have fun as well.
    If your tabletop group ever meets a flighty, rebellious tomboy who can zip through walls but isn’t so fond of hugging, let me know. ^_^

If your tabletop group ever meets a flighty, rebellious tomboy who can zip through walls but isn’t so fond of hugging, let me know. ^_^
    It's very possible they will. :) At least, the group from the New Continent is currently arriving in Dafne, when we pick that up again, and that's a place I can see Serafyna hanging out. Especially considering Dafne trades with Gabriel. And I may need such an NPC. ^_^

So long as you don't mind!

Of course, that means bumping into Pluma, who is actually part of that group now. Amusing possibilities there.

...Fisher is elsewhere, possibly dead. :( The group doesn't know if he's still alive - last they saw of him, he was dying after the climactic battle of the finished story arc (he was helping the group) and his own people had come to take him away (hopefully to be healed somehow).
    Why are we here?

It's very possible they will. At least, the group from the New Continent is currently arriving in Dafne, when we pick that up again, and that's a place I can see Serafyna hanging out. Especially considering Dafne trades with Gabriel. And I may need such an NPC. ^_^

So long as you don't mind!

Of course, that means bumping into Pluma, who is actually part of that group now. Amusing possibilities there.

...Fisher is elsewhere, possibly dead. The group doesn't know if he's still alive - last they saw of him, he was dying after the climactic battle of the finished story arc (he was helping the group) and his own people had come to take him away (hopefully to be healed somehow).
    Go right ahead.

Of course, if you need me to level her up to the appropriate level for the game...