Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    My competition is next week. Time to see how strong I really am.

Also I’m glad to see some Sakamoto readers.

Show them what you got, Iron!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

bang and clang, my man. good luck.

and i just discovered sakamoto. he's like a fat john wick.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Much good luck from a fellow Iron dude!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So my joke answer about what if Anakin Skywalker hated the color green has now been shared within Quora with more upvotes than it deserves.

......Damn.

I felt nostalgic.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-03-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Nik sent you a PM Commission for a OC of mine.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So I read that there's some controversy about the art in the latest Immortal Hulk. I poke through the issue. And lo, there it is as described to me, pretty clear anti-semitism. I come here and find that CBR has already picked up the story, good for them.

Will not be interested in reading this any more until they change artists. Hopefully firing the old one from Marvel.

Edit: apparently the artist has delivered an apology, stating it was all a big mistake. Given the context, I truly find that hard to believe.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-04-2021 at 05:20 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

On the plus side for Marvel, I endorse 'Strange Academy'. If this is the direction they've decided to go with Stephen Strange (making him one of the supporting characters - an important one - in a series about mages), it's a good one, and far better than the roller coaster of 'Stephen loses his magic, gets new magic' they've been on over the last, I dunno, twenty years.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So I read that there's some controversy about the art in the latest Immortal Hulk. I poke through the issue. And lo, there it is as described to me, pretty clear anti-semitism. I come here and find that CBR has already picked up the story, good for them.

Will not be interested in reading this any more until they change artists. Hopefully firing the old one from Marvel.

Edit: apparently the artist has delivered an apology, stating it was all a big mistake. Given the context, I truly find that hard to believe.
    Just saw it. Didn't even read the article and still immediately knew what the offense was. That's really bad. How the hell does that get past the editor?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Just saw it. Didn't even read the article and still immediately knew what the offense was. That's really bad. How the hell does that get past the editor?
    No idea. Asleep at the wheel, clearly.

But the artist saying 'Oh, I had no idea. Was just a spelling mistake. Me using Cronenberg's name (and mispelling it) was just homage to a horror director, had nothing to do with this issue. Sorry about the Star of David, also. Also, I didn't understand the stereotype. I'm now educated on this and see why it would be offensive.'

Dude, it's 2020. EVERYONE knows you don't do this, everyone understands the appalling stereotype, everyone has since (before) Shakespeare's time. And that doesn't even touch on what people were discussing in-scene at the time, and the thoughts in-scene, etc.

There are too many problematic things in that one panel for it to be 'just a mistake'.

But the artist had 'no idea' what they were doing. Sure.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Nik sent you a PM Commission for a OC of mine.
    Would have preferred if you'd formally asked to claim the slot first but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No idea. Asleep at the wheel, clearly.

But the artist saying 'Oh, I had no idea. Was just a spelling mistake. Me using Cronenberg's name (and mispelling it) was just homage to a horror director, had nothing to do with this issue. Sorry about the Star of David, also. Also, I didn't understand the stereotype. I'm now educated on this and see why it would be offensive.'

Dude, it's 2020. EVERYONE knows you don't do this, everyone understands the appalling stereotype, everyone has since (before) Shakespeare's time. And that doesn't even touch on what people were discussing in-scene at the time, and the thoughts in-scene, etc.

There are too many problematic things in that one panel for it to be 'just a mistake'.

But the artist had 'no idea' what they were doing. Sure.
    Yeah, I ain't buying that one. Plus, he's said and supported shitty things in the past, so he has a history.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Also, it will never cease to amaze me how far a writer will go to display his utter contempt for a character.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Yeah, I ain't buying that one. Plus, he's said and supported shitty things in the past, so he has a history.
    Also true. Another nail in the coffin of any trust I'd have in his 'apology'.
    Why are we here?

Also, it will never cease to amaze me how far a writer will go to display his utter contempt for a character.
    Oh, dear - in reference to...?
    Why are we here?