My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Rather frustrated.

Since 2018, I've been going through a process of review of my position. Yep, four years. My immediate management and supervisor are 100% convinced I'm working at a higher level. We've done extensive review of the level I'm working at versus the next level, and it adds up fine. We've put in the proper documentation for a job description review. Since then we've been asked innumerable times to re-state EVERYTHING in different ways, to answer questionnaires demanding information we've already submitted, etc. Endless. Interspaced with literal years of silence. Finally it came back to my management for signature. There was a lot of dancing around getting upper management to sign it.

I have now been informed that we will be 'proceeding with the review'.

What the heck have they been doing for four years? And all of the information they've been demanding? O_o

*brain explodes*
    That's insanity man. I hope this eventually gets sorted out before you lose your mind completely.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Oh, absolutely. There have been many, many roadblocks thrown up throughout the last 6 years over the entire attempt to get this review done (by my direct managers and supervisors, this isn't just me trying). Including 'submission of paperwork incorrectly then not informing us until another year had passed' by my then-director, which COULD have been an honest mistake...but with all of the other resistance she put up (down to actually saying she wouldn't sign the request, despite that the fact that by the Treasury Board rules it was required), the optic are bad for that.

Bleah. This happens to technologists all through my organization (fedgov, mind).

Good thing it was submitted - on the official form, signed and stamped - as of 2018, because if it goes through all of the stalling just means back-pay. Taxed, of course (and probably at a higher index due to lump-sum curse, but hey, it's still good to get assuming this goes through).

It's just maddening.
    I can see why it would be frustrating, but there is a bright side. At least you are getting the review, which could lead to a salary increase. Man, I would have jumped through several hoops if I was given the same chance at a job review back when I worked for the State Gov.

Hang in there and good luck.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Good luck Sharp. Hope you are promoted to Moderator…jk
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Huzzah!

One hopes you both are deliriously happy!
    Marriage for me has been a journey with many joys and lows, growing pains and bounteous comfort and warmth. I've become a better man for it and I love my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Can I recommend playing on RPOL then?

https://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=53407&date=1651717344

We could use some more people that want to play.
    Sorry Munch, but as much as I'd love to play EDH with you guys, typing all that stuff instead of just slinging cards each weekend holds little appeal to me.

Rather frustrated.

Since 2018, I've been going through a process of review of my position. Yep, four years. My immediate management and supervisor are 100% convinced I'm working at a higher level. We've done extensive review of the level I'm working at versus the next level, and it adds up fine. We've put in the proper documentation for a job description review. Since then we've been asked innumerable times to re-state EVERYTHING in different ways, to answer questionnaires demanding information we've already submitted, etc. Endless. Interspaced with literal years of silence. Finally it came back to my management for signature. There was a lot of dancing around getting upper management to sign it.

I have now been informed that we will be 'proceeding with the review'.

What the heck have they been doing for four years? And all of the information they've been demanding? O_o

*brain explodes*
    Bureacracy is necessary for civilization past a certain point, but it takes considerable rigor to ensure everyone remembers the purpose of bureaucracy is to facilitate other functions. All too often it ends up a sticky sponge sucking the energy and time out of everything it touches while desperately trying to justify its own bloated existence. I have a lot of respect for efficient bureaucracy, because it's a lot harder to get right and keep right than people give credit for.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Marriage for me has been a journey with many joys and lows, growing pains and bounteous comfort and warmth. I've become a better man for it and I love my wife.
    Awesome.

Bureacracy is necessary for civilization past a certain point, but it takes considerable rigor to ensure everyone remembers the purpose of bureaucracy is to facilitate other functions. All too often it ends up a sticky sponge sucking the energy and time out of everything it touches while desperately trying to justify its own bloated existence. I have a lot of respect for efficient bureaucracy, because it's a lot harder to get right and keep right than people give credit for.
    One of the issues is when people who are supposed to be vital parts of the bureaucracy 'forget' their purpose and start thinking that they're the hero of the story (ie, everything is about them). Which is what has happened at my workplace, with our upper management, a fact that has been clear for some time.

In the public service information survey that comes out every year, my branch of Natural Resources Canada consistently shows the lowest results for opinion of their upper management in questions across the board. Has been that way for seven years now.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's insanity man. I hope this eventually gets sorted out before you lose your mind completely.
    It's somewhat stressful, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I can see why it would be frustrating, but there is a bright side. At least you are getting the review, which could lead to a salary increase. Man, I would have jumped through several hoops if I was given the same chance at a job review back when I worked for the State Gov.

Hang in there and good luck.
    I appreciate that, Tami. ^_^

But there's something here I think worth consideration. We're programmed this way, to think that 'because you have the opportunity to get a review, it's a bright side'. It's not. It's the bare minimum. If someone is hired to do Job A, and over time that becomes Job A + 5, and that is part and parcel of what they are expected to do, the absolute bare minimum that is just and proper is to pay them for Job A + 5.

Everyone should be having reviews.

Everyone should get fair pay for the work done (I'm not talking about one-offs, I'm talking about 'if your job has evolved into something different').

So it's not so much that I'm lucky for getting this (in a way I am, but that's only because the system is broken). It's that people who don't get this consideration - like Tami, back when she was working for State Gov - are basically not getting what they deserve. They're getting cheated by their employers, and it's not right. But it's now somewhat accepted as the norm.

It's the whole 'be happy with what you have, peon, because it could always be worse' attitude that employers - government or not - seem to have. Like they're doing you a favor by giving you a job, when realistically, they're dependent on the work that position provides. Shouldn't they be paying what is proper for that position, then?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-17-2022 at 11:26 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

After the Naruto vs Ichigo episode of Death Battle aired, the youtuber and power scaler known as SethTheProgrammer was disappointed. Not necessarily in the outcome, but in how Death Battle portrayed both characters and their abilities. So he set out to make his own version of the battle, going so far as to fund the animation for it through Patreon.

The project has taken a few years but it's gotten so far along that he's recently released a trailer for the fight. And it looks pretty dope.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    After the Naruto vs Ichigo episode of Death Battle aired, the youtuber and power scaler known as SethTheProgrammer was disappointed. Not necessarily in the outcome, but in how Death Battle portrayed both characters and their abilities. So he set out to make his own version of the battle, going so far as to fund the animation for it through Patreon.

The project has taken a few years but it's gotten so far along that he's recently released a trailer for the fight. And it looks pretty dope.

Some impressive stuff!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

To all those who were in Siriel's Anima game, look who got their own official Magic Card.

http://mythicspoiler.com/clb/cards/t...itchqueen.html
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    looks about right

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Is there any other type of attorney than the types that are "at law"?

:thinking_emoji:

Seems like the CG doesn't look done to me. I can see instances where I can tell that She-Hulk doesn't look real enough to be convincing. Where you can obviously tell it's CG. As it stands the CG isn't good.
    My Forum check it out