The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Theoretically infinite, with a lot of caveats on that. It's actually pretty balanced. T_T

(I promise it's balanced)
    I'm pretty happy I managed to find an interesting exploit in...what, an hour? With your assistance. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This is what you focus on?

When Nik posted that he wanted to see if anyone could come up with anything truly broken using his RPG rules?

Who are you, and what have you done with Munch?
    Long live the Munchking
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm pretty happy I managed to find an interesting exploit in...what, an hour? With your assistance. ^_^
    You definitely surprised me.

I didn't expect someone to look into that aspect of Reaction points. But equally, I think it's a cool idea and only a little bit busted and the system compensates enough that you'll still have a hard time in some circumstances so I consider it a success hehe

You definitely surprised me.

I didn't expect someone to look into that aspect of Reaction points. But equally, I think it's a cool idea and only a little bit busted and the system compensates enough that you'll still have a hard time in some circumstances so I consider it a success hehe
    It actually came from you. My intent had been - initially - to make it +10 to everything in the brackets in the numerator, but your misjudgement of my meaning planted the seed and I ran with it. "What if I get it down even further? To /10? That would be a whole lot of reactions...waaaaait...what if 'divide by zero'?".

Which works for Kris/Krys.

Infinite Counters is a good 'rule breaker' (anima has a martial art that does it) in that it's dependent on two things:

1. The enemy attacking YOU (ie, if no enemy attacks, or only one or two, it's not really a big deal);
    2. You defending against that attack.

So...broken rule, but maybe not broken exploit, as you note. ^_^

Though the 'I interrupt the **** out of every enemy in reach' is kind of an interesting add-on. I've always liked playing team players.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

A nice little 9 minute tribute to Naruto as the series turns 20 years old. Yes, I'm a day late. I just saw this today.

Hey, Subby -

Was looking through the old Rumbles Archives, and stumbled across Starlancer flight.

Completely forgot that my character had a long convo with yours (Podemos) at the start of that short-lived game. Fun stuff.
    Why are we here?

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This is what you focus on?

When Nik posted that he wanted to see if anyone could come up with anything truly broken using his RPG rules?

Who are you, and what have you done with Munch?
    I didn't want to join another game and then drop out after I wreck it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So anyone remembers those action figures based on Aliens? Like where it's like cartoonish version of the characters facing off ridiculous but creepy variations of Xenomorphs? Well...Apparently some company reintroduced the concept...But revamped it all to look as slightly more detailed as if they could be in the films themselves.

...I know Mantis Xenomorphs or Cobra Xenomorphs are unlikely as hell but holy ****, the nightmares are coming back.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Did a little thread on Twitter about attempts I have made to finish a single comic project. Some of you might find it interesting!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Did a little thread on Twitter about attempts I have made to finish a single comic project. Some of you might find it interesting!
    It is one of my pipe dreams to actually, no kidding, make a real comic again, eventually, at some point. One reason I've been getting (sporadically) back into drawing. I think my art is competent enough to do something with, so I need to stop screwing around with doodles and start throwing down panels and filling them in already. I just don't really have a fleshed out enough concept for one yet.

Towards the point he was making about using whatever means you can, I've used 3D poser programs to make comics before. It's not ideal, and I didn't really try to do proper paneling with it, but it's another way to start (and if you're actually good with 3D art, which means putting in a lot more work than just posing the models, you can make some pretty good looking 3D comics; I mean, mine aren't good looking, but I've seen it done).

Also, your stuff is cool! : )
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 10-04-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Oh my. Blast from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So anyone remembers those action figures based on Aliens? Like where it's like cartoonish version of the characters facing off ridiculous but creepy variations of Xenomorphs? Well...Apparently some company reintroduced the concept...But revamped it all to look as slightly more detailed as if they could be in the films themselves.

...I know Mantis Xenomorphs or Cobra Xenomorphs are unlikely as hell but holy ****, the nightmares are coming back.
    Well, that sounds horrific! O_O
    Why are we here?

Pretty cool looking these over. I often wish I had some talent at drawing (I have none, save for stick figures which I apparently do amusingly well).
    Why are we here?

Is nobody going to give a shot at Nik's system?

What is Rumbles coming to?

[Shakes cane] You kids! Get off my lawn!
    Why are we here?