Page 540 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 4044049053053653753853954054154254354455059064010401540 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 36869
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There's a scene where Agatha's creatures from the recharged Castle are swarming the fleet, and Klaus is basically defending the control center of his flying city. He's murdering countless amounts of these things (sometimes by 'grab metal face and crush it with his bare hand') while assessing reports from underlings, considering the situation tactically, and issuing complex commands.

One more spice to add to the Klaus pot.

Edit: Haha, it continues. Klaus shows up solo to Mechanicsburg after the Castle gets charged up. A highly-confident Jäger general loses her **** at first sight of him and screams at her ARMY to attack him, all at once (this is very un-Jäger, especially of Generals who casually beat up small armies themselves).

Clearly, she considers him the worst threat around when he's standing there, all alone. This is a general who never lost her composure the entire time she was helping defend Mechanicsburg against an army of Clanks and monsters while the Castle was limping along on the dregs of its power. Presentation-wise, this rather supports the idea that Klaus, alone, is considered by the Jägers easily dangerous enough to require ALL of them to attack. Yeesh.

She attacks Klaus, herself, and he leisurely leans out of the way of her attack, avoiding it completely while barely moving.

We don't see any more of the fight, because Klaus surrenders. He has A Plan™, clearly.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this year, it's joey vs. my chocolate waifu, ishizu.

I find it hilarious that people are still making excuses for Anthony Joshua losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Absolutely. The Vole thing gets weird and I'm iffy on it, either way. There's actually a THIRD edit in the post you quoted, whereupon Gil AGAIN beats up Vole, apparently seriously this time. It's just a little too much, and I don't know how to qualify one of them versus the other.

It's interesting to note that Gil is certainly good enough to beat up Dupree WHILE he's actually mixing up a complicated 'scientific' formula in the lab. He barely looks at her through most of it.

She's pretty potent, and yeah, her 'sleight of hand' thing is absolutely bonkers. ^_^
    Yup, the Dupree vs Gil scene was pretty insane and exceeded even my expectations for Gil. Dupree up to this point has been depicted as a nigh unstoppable killing machine who could give a holding back Higgs a run for his money while she was out of her senses. And someone Gil trusted to defend his critically injured father single-handedly while Gil tended to larger matters.

No disagreement that wherever Gil v Klaus in pure combat comes out, Klaus is a top tier combatant who could really use more feats, but from what we've seen has only ever been beaten by having the equivalent of a train car dropped on him when he wasn't looking. He's briefly casually fended off a Jaegar general's attack and thrashed Othar for exercise.

I'd put the Jaegar General's panic more down to her knowing Klaus would only come down to Mechanicsburg personally if he had a plan, and she wanted to prevent whatever that plan was from coming to fruition. Klaus is as powerful as he is because he's not just a powerful physical combatant, but possessed of an incredibly astute political mind and able to maintain a massive roving aerial armada. He's stable and attentive where so many other Sparks lose themselves to their madness. Even Gil isn't able to replicate his father's success at Wmpire-building, though admittedly Gil is more focused on extracting Agatha from a temporal anomaly and actually achieves a heretofore unheard of scientific breakthrough in this regard.

I hope Zeetha and Maxim get more good feats soon. Zeetha is hyped a lot but constantly gets worfed to the physical threat of the day. And Maxim is just my favorite of Da Boyz, especially after he won Old Man Death's hat. Which I'm still kinda salty he lost off-screen.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-24-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm quite enjoying it, even if the second half of what I can find translated (starting in the arc I mentioned) does have some eye-rolling stuff. I really think that an editor somewhere came back and said 'It's getting popular, now tart it up'; the writer said 'Fiiiiine' and did the minimum he felt would 'pass' for the editor.
    I think the Shonen Jump App has most of the series (Though you'd have to pay the 2 bucks a month for the service to get most of it. Only the 3 three and three most current chapters are available for free)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Yup, the Dupree vs Gil scene was pretty insane and exceeded even my expectations for Gil. Dupree up to this point has been depicted as a nigh unstoppable killing machine who could give a holding back Higgs a run for his money while she was out of her senses. And someone Gil trusted to defend his critically injured father single-handedly while Gil tended to larger matters.
    To be fair, it's quite possible Dupree holds back against Gil. A little. She likes him, after all. And, surprisingly, worries about him.

No disagreement that wherever Gil v Klaus in pure combat comes out, Klaus is a top tier combatant who could really use more feats, but from what we've seen has only ever been beaten by having the equivalent of a train car dropped on him when he wasn't looking. He's briefly casually fended off a Jaegar general's attack and thrashed Othar for exercise.
    This is kind of where it stands for me with regards to his skill when it comes to Klaus versus Gil, as well.

I'd put the Jaegar General's panic more down to her knowing Klaus would only come down to Mechanicsburg personally if he had a plan, and she wanted to prevent whatever that plan was from coming to fruition. Klaus is as powerful as he is because he's not just a powerful physical combatant, but possessed of an incredibly astute political mind and able to maintain a massive roving aerial armada. He's stable and attentive where so many other Sparks lose themselves to their madness. Even Gil isn't able to replicate his father's success at Wmpire-building, though admittedly Gil is more focused on extracting Agatha from a temporal anomaly and actually achieves a heretofore unheard of scientific breakthrough in this regard.
    It's partly that, and, to my mind, partly his prowess. She didn't tell grab the five best people around her and tell them to jump Klaus along with herself. She told everyone to attack him, NOW. Like, everyone. The entire army. That, to me, indicates she's pretty certain the only way she's going to stop him from carrying out whatever plan is to simply mob him with a few hundred Jägers (plus all the other stuff in hearing distance) because anything else won't take him down in time.

Mileage, etc.

I hope Zeetha and Maxim get more good feats soon. Zeetha is hyped a lot but constantly gets worfed to the physical threat of the day. And Maxim is just my favorite of Da Boyz, especially after he won Old Man Death's hat. Which I'm still kinda salty he lost off-screen.
    Zeetha has pulled off stuff like casually avoiding getting punched by someone to the point where Violetta tells her to stop playing around and KO that person, whereupon Zeetha states 'Oh, I'm not playing, she's actually really dangerous' and that person (possessed Agatha) very nearly one-punches Violetta AFTER getting hammered into the ground. That, right there, somewhat lets me know where Zeetha stands.

But yes, she gets taken out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think the Shonen Jump App has most of the series (Though you'd have to pay the 2 bucks a month for the service to get most of it. Only the 3 three and three most current chapters are available for free)
    I'll pass on that, but thanks!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I find it hilarious that people are still making excuses for Anthony Joshua losing.
    Hey, it isn't his fault the mattress in his hotel room wasn't comfortable and he wasn't able to get a full night's sleep!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Girl Genius: I feel like something is going to go terribly wrong with this plan and they're playing into the Other's hands. The fact that the Other quieted down inside Agatha's head the moment she accepted the modification to her plan, plus the fact that Klaus put the personality overlay on his son after he was infected by a slaver wasp, plus the fact this Klaus overlay has repeatedly voiced a desire to see Agatha dead, lead me to not trust Klaus Overlay in the slightest

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so my friend suggested i join a game grumps group on facebook and tell them who i am.

i've had over 200 people fangirl and fanboy over me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so my friend suggested i join a game grumps group on facebook and tell them who i am.

Sounds neat, congrats

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

....I bet. XD

Sharp, there's a lot I could say about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's a delightful, funny and poignant game. It loves and respects its source material yet isn't afraid to explore it. It's a beautiful game full of wonderful adventures and breathtaking vistas. I've navigated the maze of the Minotaur, stomach-churning in the piles of the rotting dead. I've seen an entire forest, petrified not by a volcano but by a stare. I've discussed morality with philosophers and stuck a priceless jewel in a goat's ass.

But given the rate at which you play games nowadays, I suggest you save your powder for Cyberpunk 2077. That games seems destined to be the next gold standard in RPGs.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-24-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hey, it isn't his fault the mattress in his hotel room wasn't comfortable and he wasn't able to get a full night's sleep!
    Lol pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sharp, there's a lot I could say about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's a delightful, funny and poignant game. It loves and respects its source material yet isn't afraid to explore it. It's a beautiful game full of wonderful adventures and breathtaking vistas. I've navigated the maze of the Minotaur, stomach-churning in the piles of the rotting dead. I've seen an entire forest, petrified not by a volcano but by a stare. I've discussed morality with philosophers and stuck a priceless jewel in a goat's ass.

But given the rate at which you play games nowadays, I suggest you save your powder for Cyberpunk 2077. That games seems destined to be the next gold standard in RPGs.
    I can’t wait until that game drops. I can’t believe how long ago it was when the first trailer premiered.