Page 578 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 7847852856857457557657757857958058158258862867810781578 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 36576

I wish David F. Walker’s run on Nighthawk would’ve been longer but I think the subjects that it dealt with turned people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ended up reading the manga Cynthia the Mission as I heard it was kinda ridiculous as Baki as a fighting manga.

It was kinda half true. Nothing really tops Baki and CtM was kinda tame and overall a tad half assed though it wasn't too bad. But yeah, fanservice (and an equal share of fan disservice) on this one.

But honestly...I find it easy to really despise Cybele Rou, the main antagonist...Probably the Yujiro Hanma vibes though there's more.
    I remember that one. The last I tried to catch up on the plot, there was a boxing match between some guy and an alien.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I remember that one. The last I tried to catch up on the plot, there was a boxing match between some guy and an alien.
    I think that was a side story before the final (and only) tournament arc because Cynthia the Mission was pretty short now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 07-21-2019 at 05:31 PM.

spoilers:

Sooooo question for MHA: Was Nana Shimura the only good person in her family? Because her son was discount Endeavor, her grandson is the anti-christ and the rest of them were cowardly douchebags.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

*edges slowly away from the laptop, gets up from his bed, heads to the bedroom and spends a considerably long time going #2*

Goddammit, Cthulhu.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    spoilers:

Sooooo question for MHA: Was Nana Shimura the only good person in her family? Because her son was discount Endeavor, her grandson is the anti-christ and the rest of them were cowardly douchebags.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hana, the sister, was alright. Yes, she told on Tenko but she was scared of their abusive father. And while it was too little too late the mother and her parents did stand up to Kotaro before they all died. And Tenko is less anti-christ and more abuse survivor manipulated into something much worse by a madman with power.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Eeenteresting. Thank you!
    Okay, so apparently my newfound appreciation for the Romance of the Three Kingdoms has a simple reason - Each retelling naturally carries its own spin. The original story actually delved very shallowly into characters. Dynasty Warriors gave us very clear "good, neutral and bad" sides. But the 2010 series above all others humanizes an insanely large cast of characters (with a few exceptions). Liu Bei is given depth and a multi-faceted personality, and he is simply better than most at hiding his personal failings while undeniably rising to many instances of glory and honor as ancient China defined those terms. Cao Cao is the greatest, most cunning and most affable anti-hero/anti-villain that I have ever seen. The 2010 series is rife with good music, epic stories and truly multi-layered stories. It makes Kingdom's portrayal of political intrigue look like a golden age superhero comic.

My one caveat is that, due to the very nature of the story and the time in which it was written, women are necessarily confined to a very narrow set of roles. "Morality" in the story is very Confucian in nature, and one thing I admire about the 2010 version is its willingness to both exhort the virtues and expose the inherent flaws in Confucian morality. The show leaves space for viewers to interpret for themselves, instead focusing on developing its characters and how their motivations and abilities lead to the Three Kingdoms era playing out as it did.

So if you do check out Three Kingdoms, I recommend watching the 2010 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Picard trailer gave me chills of excitement. I cannot wait for that.
    I actually slightly preferred the first trailer. Not really a fan of some chosen special one being the reason to bring Picard out of retirement. Picard doesn't need that sort of Macguffin. He's in many ways the Captain America of Star Trek, and is at his best when his worldview is challenged and he goes through a personal journey to reconcile himself with or take a stand against the world.

But I'm glad to see him commanding a ship of some sort. Jeri Ryan returning as Seven of Nine in a far more fleshed out and deeper role than before looks promising. She and Picard both have a complicated past with the Borg, and now that she's had time to acclimate back into her human nature rather than facing every episode as some novel human/borg issue starting with undeveloped views, she may have some great perspective to add to the show.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and so ends hinomaru zumou.

while i would've liked a epilogue of sorts, i'm happy with this ending. i do hope for a sequel.

if you haven't seen it yet, here it is.

jon moxley (FKA dean ambrose) vs. tomohiro ishii

death rider vs. stone pitbull.

US champ vs. NEVER champ.

G1 climax 29, B block.

Well, finally got to learn how to broadcast streams on my ps4.

...Not exactly good at it but I'm learning. Also might need to get ps plus to play online again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, finally got to learn how to broadcast streams on my ps4.

...Not exactly good at it but I'm learning. Also might need to get ps plus to play online again.
    it's a struggle at first but it's worth it. i have fun streaming. just wish i could get a schedule down.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and so ends hinomaru zumou.

while i would've liked a epilogue of sorts, i'm happy with this ending. i do hope for a sequel.
    Yeah, I think Hinomaru Zumou could have used another chapter or two. The final fight with the Yokozuna felt a tad rushed, or just not as emotionally heated as the matches building up to it.

But Hinomaru Zumou has my respect as a series. It did incredibly well and had the guts to end rather than milking its success for money. It never beat around the Bush for romance, and instead integrated the romance into both character's arcs. And I truly felt the connection and pumped up nature of the athletes. A great series.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's a struggle at first but it's worth it. i have fun streaming. just wish i could get a schedule down.
    I hear ya, got a tight schedule on my end which will make me inconsistent as hell.

But in fine news, hanging out with my full family is quite nice...I hate how the attachment function works.
    Attached Images Attached Images