Page 563 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 6346351355355956056156256356456556656757361366310631563 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 36576
    BANNED

Does anyone have any good sugestions, for a opounent or opounents for Cure Black and Cure White?

Some feats for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Does anyone have any good sugestions, for a opounent or opounents for Cure Black and Cure White?

Some feats for them.

Black Panther, Iron Fist, and Karate Kid (DC) maybe.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Weiss and Blake from RWBY?

So I mentioned a while back that there was three manga I was currently enjoying. I spoke about two of them (Shuumatsu no Walkure and Shiga-hime), and while the first has gotten pretty popular since that time and the second was a bit more of a niche title and has since concluded, I never got to that third one. This is mostly because it's the more difficult one to explain due to some crucial spoilers it has, but obviously, since I'm posting this, I figured out how to word this.

This third title is called Dead Mount Death Play and in a world currently clogged with isekai titles, it manages to stand out for a number of reasons.

The story begins with a hero known as the Calamity Crusher, who has delved into the dark lairs of a powerful necromancer known as the Corpse God. Just as the hero is delivering the final blow, the Corpse God finishes a powerful spell that transports our main protagonist into another world, our world to be precise. He finds himself in the body of a normal teenager named Polka Shinoyama just as the boy's throat is being slit by an assassin.

While most isekai transport our hero to a world of fantasy, Dead Mount Death Play manages to make modern society just as dangerous as any sword and sorcery realm with some pretty nifty worldbuilding, filled with figures who border on urban legends if not already ones. It reminds me a bit of stories such as Jackals or Arachnid, although a bit light-hearted compared to those two while at the same time being much more mature with certain aspects (death, the occult, sex, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    So I mentioned a while back that there was three manga I was currently enjoying. I spoke about two of them (Shuumatsu no Walkure and Shiga-hime), and while the first has gotten pretty popular since that time and the second was a bit more of a niche title and has since concluded, I never got to that third one. This is mostly because it's the more difficult one to explain due to some crucial spoilers it has, but obviously, since I'm posting this, I figured out how to word this.

This third title is called Dead Mount Death Play and in a world currently clogged with isekai titles, it manages to stand out for a number of reasons.

The story begins with a hero known as the Calamity Crusher, who has delved into the dark lairs of a powerful necromancer known as the Corpse God. Just as the hero is delivering the final blow, the Corpse God finishes a powerful spell that transports our main protagonist into another world, our world to be precise. He finds himself in the body of a normal teenager named Polka Shinoyama just as the boy's throat is being slit by an assassin.

While most isekai transport our hero to a world of fantasy, Dead Mount Death Play manages to make modern society just as dangerous as any sword and sorcery realm with some pretty nifty worldbuilding, filled with figures who border on urban legends if not already ones. It reminds me a bit of stories such as Jackals or Arachnid, although a bit light-hearted compared to those two while at the same time being much more mature with certain aspects (death, the occult, sex, etc).
    That sounds rather interesting. I believe I’ll give it a read.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post

Some feats for them.

They look like a pair of impressively skilled Class 90's or so. As in, likely stronger than Ben Grimm. If their durability is somewhere around their strength, they're going to be a couple of monsters. If they have speed feats beyond what we see in the video, it's just going to get worse.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Yeah, Out kinda long stopped being a delinquent manga and kinda went to the insane route.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They look like a pair of impressively skilled Class 90's or so. As in, likely stronger than Ben Grimm. If their durability is somewhere around their strength, they're going to be a couple of monsters. If they have speed feats beyond what we see in the video, it's just going to get worse.
    Well Cure Black atleast has a couple of feats for leaving afterimages, wich she did so in a form that's suposulby weaker than what she has in the video (how much weaker is pretty vauge) and they can also shoot a big laser (albeit only in tandem with eachother).

Afterimages is one of those extremely unquantifiable speedfeats. The only argument that makes any vague sense is that the person moved faster than light...except then the 'afterimage' would be functionally where they stood for the amount of time it takes light to travel the distance from it to the watcher's eye, ie so small an amount of time we couldn't perceive it anyway.

Outside of that, it's a vague 'is fast' feat, but that's all. How fast? Have no idea, aside from moving X distance in under the amount of time it takes the human eye to capture one 'frame' (which is pretty fast - 0.001 seconds).

Basically, I'd want to see more speed feats before giving any kind of qualifier to whatever 'high speed' a character is supposed to have. ^_^ Them utterly blitzing someone with a semi-quantifiable speed feat would be a good start.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Now I recalled that one speed feat where the guy moves fast enough to create an afterimage...That he literally interacts with like an actual person.

To play tennis.

Prince of Tennis was a very silly series.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Now I recalled that one speed feat where the guy moves fast enough to create an afterimage...That he literally interacts with like an actual person.

To play tennis.

Prince of Tennis was a very silly series.
    Yeah, that's getting into ridiculously high-end speed level feats.
    Why are we here?

Yeah, that's getting into ridiculously high-end speed level feats.
    Yeah...Has any other fictional work ever did something similar?

BANNED

Afterimages is one of those extremely unquantifiable speedfeats. The only argument that makes any vague sense is that the person moved faster than light...except then the 'afterimage' would be functionally where they stood for the amount of time it takes light to travel the distance from it to the watcher's eye, ie so small an amount of time we couldn't perceive it anyway.

Outside of that, it's a vague 'is fast' feat, but that's all. How fast? Have no idea, aside from moving X distance in under the amount of time it takes the human eye to capture one 'frame' (which is pretty fast - 0.001 seconds).

Basically, I'd want to see more speed feats before giving any kind of qualifier to whatever 'high speed' a character is supposed to have. ^_^ Them utterly blitzing someone with a semi-quantifiable speed feat would be a good start.
    Hmm I'm not sure if we ever get more than a vauge faster than the human eye thing with them. I know other Cures (who they are portrayed as physicle pears of) do have some impressive speed feats but I'm not sure if a feat I'm thinking of would realy count as combat speed (as opose to travel speed).