Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Fun first fight of the season. I like the dialogue between Hank and Ray.

Next one will be interesting. I thought they weren't going to do create-a-character fights since there's too many options for those. But I guess they've found a way to work with it.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Hopefully, it's better than Renfeld. What a waste that movie was.

I need to see Mom & Dad, since Cage is a slasher in that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Hopefully, it's better than Renfeld. What a waste that movie was.

I need to see Mom & Dad, since Cage is a slasher in that.
    As noted in another thread...good to see you!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Looks very good and I like the selection of villains here.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    As noted in another thread...good to see you!
    Heyhey. How have things been, both here and IRL? Me, I've picked up too many jobs in new fields (thanks, Zuckerberg) and been through too many layoffs, and I'm still trying to get into writing. Tale as old as time.

yes, yes, a thousand times yes. A remake of the Goat MGS game you say, well Shut up and take my money
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-24-2023 at 03:22 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Sony split the trailer into two parts on their channel, while Marvel has both parts in one trailer on their channel. Sony on their channel cut off the Karven introduction part of the trailer and made it into its own video.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-24-2023 at 03:49 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Yup, and the tension between Miles and Pete is already so palpable that you know that they're going to fight (it's also funny seeing people point out that this is effectively what would happen if Alex Mercer and Cole Macgrath ever teamed up in a game).

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Heyhey. How have things been, both here and IRL? Me, I've picked up too many jobs in new fields (thanks, Zuckerberg) and been through too many layoffs, and I'm still trying to get into writing. Tale as old as time.
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully things start to improve for you?

Things here are slow. But still enjoyable. ^_^ In real life? Ups and downs, but still plugging away and doing decently. Happy. Heading for retirement in 5 years, so there's that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dammit. Stop giving me reasons to want a PS5.
    Why are we here?

Eh, you can't say that this isn't well-deserved karma for Cell.

Another movie review roundup.

Con Air: I think this movie is a bit too dated and slow-paced for me. The action also wasn't really for me either. Good performances, good actors, not very good characters, not very good plot for me.

Huesera (2022): Mexican horror film that is primarily about the pains of new motherhood and giving up your childhood dreams. Despite the cool setting, good actors and interesting premise the execution ultimately is neither that frightening nor that interesting overall and the structure of the plot is really basically just "character is breaking down" until the end.

Midnight Runners (2017): I mentioned this one a bit before, basically a buddy cop movie where the cops are still in training and trying to deal with rescuing a kidnapping victim with a police system that seems determined to move slowly and ineffectually. Fun interactions by the main duo, so-so fight scenes, and swings between plain comedy and a darker tone than expected when the criminals come up.

Dragon Ball: Super Hero (2022): This film was a great example of how sometimes tropes just work on me, even when they aren't really set up or done particularly interestingly. Great looking film though.

The Assassin (2015): This film was a great example of how sometimes really great camera shots and establishment of tone just works on me, even when the plot is skeletal and there is not really much explanation and despite how thin the plot is I got confused multiple times as to why certain characters or events were being focused on. Follows a female assassin grappling with the morality of her occupation and she pretty much never speaks. I think this movie probably was improved in my eyes due to the fact that I see Jane everywhere now in anything vaguely related lol. But nonetheless, beautiful film. I also should emphasize that despite the title and the fact that there are fights in this film the pacing is glacial and this is not an action film.

Mutant Ghost Wargirl (2022): You'd think the fact that a movie where the emphasis is on action and which freely rips off movies like the X-men films, The Witch Part 1, and random things like Joker and the Ghost in the Shell american remake would be a fun time. I was kind of excited to put the character into Rumbles at first. But the unfortunate fact is that this movie is super by the numbers despite featuring hella strong anime inspired fight scenes. Part of this is because the movie utterly fails at generating threat for our main character even when she's getting her ass kicked because they resolve the anime style super speed fighting scenes (which are not that well done in some places unlike the The Witch) with the most boring anime way of the protagonist getting through things...raw power.

The character that was previously blitzing the protagonist and defeating her in a few blows suddenly becomes the character who is blitzed and is defeated in a few blows. The end result is a character who I guess might be fun to throw in the speed thread but not much else. And despite how crazy strong some of these characters are the movie also seemed disinterested in using them in ways that were that interesting or consistent. Character's got a healing power in one scene and then dies to a blow that should still be negated by a healing factor in the next. Stuff like that honestly happened enough for me to even be unsure where speed feats might fall for the character at times because I wasnt sure if the movie just forgot or had a careless hand in character power feats from scene to scene. Ultimately, disappointing although at least this one was short at less than 80 minute of runtime so it didn't feel too bad.
    Last edited by Postmania; 05-24-2023 at 07:14 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

yes, yes, a thousand times yes. A remake of the Goat MGS game you say, well Shut up and take my money
    Ehhhhh I don't really trust post Kojima Konami(who are a gigantic 0 for 1 with Metal Gear since he left) so we'll see