Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Magnus Robot Fighter vs. Battle Angel Alita

    I know Magnus is sorta a meme character around here, but he does have legit feats!

    Arena.

    1: Original "Berserker" body Alita

    2: "Tuned" body Alita

    Bonus: Toughest Alita verse character Magnus could defeat in general?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  2. #2
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,919

    Default

    Welcome back to Sir Cthulhu Attenborough's "Planet CBR", and it seems to be a lively day in the world of predators.

    Already, we see the mighty Arbitus Twoamus as it begin its daily hunt, in earnest. One of the few species of Anthropomorphic Eateries capable of using complex tools; it is perhaps one of the most clever. Though, what's this ? ... How very curious.

    It would seem the shrewd hunter is attempting to lure in one of the comic book biomes most dangerous carnivores:

    Pendaran Rex, which is known not simply for its intelligence; but for its ability to simply decimate any creature who happens to wander within its territory. Leaving little behind but bits of blood, and the remnants of their out-of-context feats.

    I for one, am curious to see how the Arbitus manages ... though I should think the crafty creature will be in for the fight of its life either way.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; Yesterday at 06:53 PM. Reason: I spelled "very", "vey".
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #3
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,723

    Default

    Dude, that’s awesome.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    460

    Default

    So both will be fighting through their proxies, eh? Seems more like a gladiatorial match.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Welcome back to Sir Cthulhu Attenborough's "Planet CBR", and it seems to be a lively day in the world of predators.

    Already, we see the mighty Arbitus Twoamus as it begin its daily hunt, in earnest. One of the few species of Anthropomorphic Eateries capable of using complex tools; it is perhaps one of the most clever. Though, what's this ? ... How very curious.

    It would seem the shrewd hunter is attempting to lure in one of the comic book biomes most dangerous carnivores:

    Pendaran Rex, which is known not simply for its intelligence; but for its ability to simply decimate any creature who happens to wander within its territory. Leaving little behind but bits of blood, and the remnants of their out-of-context feats.

    I for one, am curious to see how the Arbitus manages ... though I should think the crafty creature will be in for the fight of its life either way.
    I demand an ongoing continuation of "Planet CBR" as told by Cthulhu Attenborough in ALL the threads. Observational comedy on the state of Rumbles or else!
    *thumps chest*
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    So both will be fighting through their proxies, eh? Seems more like a gladiatorial match.
    I don't "fight" Pendaran Rex. I circle him from a distance probing for weaknesses as I develop my master plan. One day, someday soon... The Arbiter Redemption Arc will play out.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  7. #7

    Default

    Besides, this thread has an anime/manga character in it. Pen CAN'T comment on it. He has like an allergic aversion to the stuff. ;P
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  8. #8
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I demand an ongoing continuation of "Planet CBR" as told by Cthulhu Attenborough in ALL the threads. Observational comedy on the state of Rumbles or else!
    *thumps chest*
    What's this, dear reader ? It seems I have been spotted, by Arbitus Twoamus.

    No need to be alarmed however, as I am at no immediate risk of becoming its next meal. As a trap-laying predator, it is unwilling to confront a potential threat directly unless forced; and will instead use one if its many defense mechanisms to avoid confrontation of which it has several.

    What will it be I wonder ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Besides, this thread has an anime/manga character in it. Pen CAN'T comment on it. He has like an allergic aversion to the stuff. ;P
    Oh what joy !

    It would seem that the Arbitus has turned to its tried and true defense mechanism: summoning a larger predator. A tactic fairly commonly used in the comic book habitat; and one that was fairly succinctly summarised in the Documentary, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; Yesterday at 08:28 PM.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #9

    Default

    This thread really WAS intended as a legit non-meme fight but I am pleasantly surprised at the direction it's going. :P
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  10. #10
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,832

    Default

    *sighs*

    Is this manga or movie Alita?

    How fast is Magnus?
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!
    Art Thread on CBR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •