Page 2416 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 1416191623162366240624122413241424152416241724182419242024262466 ... LastLast
Results 36,226 to 36,240 of 36998
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh no. I just refreshed and this comes out.

I...I actually need to sit down.
    i feel ya. virgil wasn't a world champ or a great in-ring wrestler. he was a carny in the best sort of way. he was............a character. that's the best way to describe him.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i feel ya. virgil wasn't a world champ or a great in-ring wrestler. he was a carny in the best sort of way. he was............a character. that's the best way to describe him.
    Exactly. While there are wrestlers who don't get any major achievements or treated well such as being in jobber status or ridiculous gimmicks, I find some measure of respect for what they managed to do to be quite entertaining.

My respect for some admittedly dips hard if they turn out to be pretty lousy people outside the ring and it's the scumbag that doesn't work to be better kind of lousy.

It depresses me when I see different fandoms competing with one another over "Whose MC suffered the most?", then mocking the one who quantitatively "had it easier" for breaking down. The lack of empathy freaking disgusts me.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It depresses me when I see different fandoms competing with one another over "Whose MC suffered the most?", then mocking the one who quantitatively "had it easier" for breaking down. The lack of empathy freaking disgusts me.
    Discussions like that are just stupid from jump. Trying to powerscale suffering is inherently silly stuff
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, I remember I was browsing and ran into a reddit thread that called this out. Called it Trauma Scaling.

And yeah, Guts from Berserk is unfortunately stuck on that. "Pfft, Bruce Wayne lost his parents? He got nothing on Guts!"

...There's more to Guts and Batman than their traumatizing backstory

Like come on people, you're giving out vibes you seriously need to go out and walk through a forest cause touching grass isn't enough.

The internet admittedly shows a lot bout someone and it's unpleasant at times.

In lighter news, some stories of mine are well received and people enjoyed the humor I have done with them with some fine advice to boot.

Extraordinary Member

It is an immensely stupid way of trying to prove that one's prefered character is somehow "better". And it misses the narrative point of a character's suffering.

All I want to see is all the characters who have suffered to sit down, talk things out and comfort one another.

Deku, Asta, Yuji, Tanjiro and Denji would be good friends given enough time and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Yeah but who has the best willpower feats tho?

QUANTIFY ALL THE SUFFERING!

=P

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It is an immensely stupid way of trying to prove that one's prefered character is somehow "better". And it misses the narrative point of a character's suffering.

All I want to see is all the characters who have suffered to sit down, talk things out and comfort one another.

Deku, Asta, Yuji, Tanjiro and Denji would be good friends given enough time and nobody can tell me otherwise.
    With Guts as the Team Dad!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Discussions like that are just stupid from jump. Trying to powerscale suffering is inherently silly stuff
    Huh, I remember I was browsing and ran into a reddit thread that called this out. Called it Trauma Scaling.

And yeah, Guts from Berserk is unfortunately stuck on that. "Pfft, Bruce Wayne lost his parents? He got nothing on Guts!"

...There's more to Guts and Batman than their traumatizing backstory

Like come on people, you're giving out vibes you seriously need to go out and walk through a forest cause touching grass isn't enough.

The internet admittedly shows a lot bout someone and it's unpleasant at times.

In lighter news, some stories of mine are well received and people enjoyed the humor I have done with them with some fine advice to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I had to walk away from a Reddit thread that had people comparing Yuji's suffering and how he coped/processed it to Fuuko's (Undead Unluck) because some people called Yuji a "crybaby clown" for breaking down over what happened in Shibuya while Fuuko watched her entire planet explode. Like, what the hell? You're going to mock a teenager for having his body held hostage while it killed hundreds (if not thousands) of innocent people and watched his closest friends/confidants get butchered in front of him while he's helpless to do anything just because the scale isn't as large? It's just another practice of projection because they want characters that are "badass" in spite of their trauma rather than ones that react realistically to horrifying situations.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-28-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Just heard a story about how a teacher in NM thought it was a cool idea to stage impromptu duels with the students as a fun activity.

They used swords. They were in fact, real swords. Rapiers and Katanas. They did not wear protective equipment.

Only stopped when a katana slashed a girl's wrist and severed tendons

Crazy that you would ever think this was a reasonable school activity
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

(skip to 3:19 for the part relevant to the topic at hand)

I had to walk away from a Reddit thread that had people comparing Yuji's suffering and how he coped/processed it to Fuuko's (Undead Unluck) because some people called Yuji a "crybaby clown" for breaking down over what happened in Shibuya while Fuuko watched her entire planet explode. Like, what the hell? You're going to mock a teenager for having his body held hostage while it killed hundreds (if not thousands) of innocent people and watched his closest friends/confidants get butchered in front of him while he's helpless to do anything just because the scale isn't as large? It's just another practice of projection because they want characters that are "badass" in spite of their trauma rather than ones that react realistically to horrifying situations.
    Children (and adult children) will argue about anything, in escalation above all reason. The internet just amplifies it all. Its just a bunch of immature people talking trash and not really processing what they're actually saying other than to be shocking. Maybe a few of them are serious, but that just spurs others to be even wilder about it. Not that that makes it any more pleasant to have to see it, but this is just an unfortunately natural tendency with toxic behavior unchecked by online "anonymity". Which I guess is obvious, but, like, I dunno, I see this stuff and just am reminded its just a lot of hot air nearly every time.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 02-28-2024 at 09:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    With Guts as the Team Dad!
    Now I just couldn't get this image out of my head .

*Guts and his newly adopted teen sons sit in a circle by a camp fire*

Guts: OK, we've talked about this before but it's worth revisiting from time to time. Especially for all of us. Today's topic is self-worth and the expectations we set on ourselves.