Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I like those ones too.

For Falgain, I was interested in a story where the apocalypse happened already and the world moved on. The question now for the players is why it happened, and did it actually happen the way they have been taught for centuries.
    That could be interesting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I like those ones too.

For Falgain, I was interested in a story where the apocalypse happened already and the world moved on. The question now for the players is why it happened, and did it actually happen the way they have been taught for centuries.
    Plot twist: Actually, yes, it happened exactly as they've been taught, much to every conspiracy theorist's chagrin.

Further Plot Twist: This is the only thing the history books got right about the development of civilization. It's everything that's happened after the apocalypse that turned out to be a pack of lies. Including how long ago it actually was.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Plot twist: Actually, yes, it happened exactly as they've been taught, much to every conspiracy theorist's chagrin.

Further Plot Twist: This is the only thing the history books got right about the development of civilization. It's everything that's happened after the apocalypse that turned out to be a pack of lies. Including how long ago it actually was.
    Entirely possible.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

For Falgain, yes. The Fae bloodline allows customization, so yeah, any affinities would be discussed with the GM ahead of time.

As for Pale Star, yes, equipment can be gained/made/created.
    I suppose what I'm getting at is I'm unsure whether the fae affinity would need to be reflected in a player character's stat spread somehow. For example, if we're working with natural affinities, a dwarf would necessarily have a much different build than a mermaid, or something like that, and can't just be the mermaids equal with a snorkel or something.

With regards to magic, is that a stat tree that's exclusive to those with specific bloodlines, or would different bloodlines just affect the special affinities? If it's access to the latter, then why play anything besides a fae?

Regarding Pale Star, sounds like the leveling up after a fashion would depend on player participation and campaign involvement. That's certainly incentive to post, but I hope this doesn't result in characters creating their own pockets to play around in, as of typing more would translate to some sort of mechanical grinding; gotta keep these campaigns on some central track, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post

Yeah. Thinking that my question would be, 'what does it matter what happened in the past? How does the knowledge affect the present post-apocalyptic world?' I'm all in favor of knowledge, however, knowledge that has no purpose or application has limited value.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I just took Falgain's story completely at face value as what happened.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Honestly I just took Falgain's story completely at face value as what happened.
    Well yeah, you can only get so far with a blurb without exploring the setting, lol.

Retired Overlord

So Cleric.....not to pick your brain too early on this Falgain idea but I'm a bit curious.

How would the system deal with alchemy and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Okay, here is my RPG idea, because why the bleep not.....

January 7, 2024 you find package delivered to your home addressed to you specifically.

It is a box, about 2 feet (.61 meters) in length and about 6 inches (15 centimeters) square.

It is wrapped in a plain brown mailing paper, and the return address is XYZ Associates, San Fransisco, California.

You remove the wrapping paper and open the box to find a card, about the size off a large index card, with simple instructions. The first of which is that you have three choices, 'Accept', 'Reject', or '7 day trial'. [If you choose the last option, you need to make your final choice by January 14th or it will be taken as a default 'Reject']

There is also a box, like a cardboard gift box inside the larger box. Opening the box you find an object, a metal rod with a sci-fi crossed with magic look to it.

Following the instructions, you make your choice. Choose reject and the object stops functioning and is nothing more than a paperweight.

Choose either accept or seven day trial, and things start getting interesting. While holding the rod you get three visions, on that shows everyone else who has received this 'gift'. Second, is a vision of the world in a future, devoid of humans and most life.

Third [well that would be a spoiler].

That is just the beginning of your troubles.
    Sounds neat.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Those are excellent questions!

I will have a post defining magic, bloodlines, and alchemy out no later than tomorrow.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

...at this rate you may as well create the sign-up lol

Unless you're still troubleshooting some things in the background, in which case, looking forward to it.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Entirely possible.
    Ha! Can I call 'em, or can I call 'em? :V

Ping me when the plot twist is revealed in two years. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah. Thinking that my question would be, 'what does it matter what happened in the past? How does the knowledge affect the present post-apocalyptic world?' I'm all in favor of knowledge, however, knowledge that has no purpose or application has limited value.
    "History is written by the victors", so it would matter if part of the plot hinged on ancient truths being revealed.

I just think it would be funny if the obvious, "Everything you thought you knew was wrong!" was instead a, "Yeah, no that actually happened." The twist is that there's not a twist. We have come full circle. Unlike Earth, which as we all know is a flat oval.

You know, in hindsight, Shadows of the Djinnoa was technically post apocalypse. The apocalypse just happened a millennia+ ago.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-22-2023 at 08:21 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I'd sign up for a ClericPG I think

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie