Page 500 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 40045049049649749849950050150250350451055060010001500 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 36572

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It got ridiculous. The character is 'built' for archery (so take that into account when considering the damage/ability), she's loosing arrows at riders from the back of a bloody carriage (which isn't exactly stable, so there are some modifiers, BUUUT), the riders' Dodge stat is limited by their (not-fantastic) Ride skill, and Siriel is open-rolling.

[Me] Ugh, this is not proceeding well for the pursuers.

This, after the PCs decided once again 'No, we're not going to stand and fight, why would we do that?' and ruined the ambushers' best chances for a serious fight. <-- hint: this is NOT me mocking the PCs.
    It was one of the best, most tactically-astute encounters we’ve had.

1. Play it nonchalant so they don’t realise we’ve noticed the threat.
    2. Take out the sniper and distract the assailants.
    3. Genevieve uses her horse to provide cover for everyone to get to the carriage, while Serafyna frightens their horses to slow them down.
    4. Annais takes out the leading pursuers, Genevieve draws some pursuers away, while Giovanna and Serafyna take out the attackers that DO make it as far as attaching themselves to the carriage itself.

It was like... teamwork. o_0

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I was pretty cool with that. Tactics, eschewing brute-force solutions, picking a goal and working toward that rather than 'we must beat the enemy', the capacity to grasp the idea of retreat, all of these things can really help in a game where the combat doesn't follow a GM-chosen path...much like in real life.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It got ridiculous. The character is 'built' for archery (so take that into account when considering the damage/ability), she's loosing arrows at riders from the back of a bloody carriage (which isn't exactly stable, so there are some modifiers, BUUUT), the riders' Dodge stat is limited by their (not-fantastic) Ride skill, and Siriel is open-rolling.

[Me] Ugh, this is not proceeding well for the pursuers.

This, after the PCs decided once again 'No, we're not going to stand and fight, why would we do that?' and ruined the ambushers' best chances for a serious fight. <-- hint: this is NOT me mocking the PCs.
    That got a good laugh out of me.

The characters are also mostly women and children. So running away is culturally honorable expected of them in Gabriel. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That got a good laugh out of me.

The characters are also mostly women and children. So running away is culturally honorable expected of them in Gabriel. ^_^
    You lot pretty much made all the good choices. Not saying they were the only ones, but they were for sure good ones. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It was one of the best, most tactically-astute encounters we’ve had.

1. Play it nonchalant so they don’t realise we’ve noticed the threat.
    2. Take out the sniper and distract the assailants.
    3. Genevieve uses her horse to provide cover for everyone to get to the carriage, while Serafyna frightens their horses to slow them down.
    4. Annais takes out the leading pursuers, Genevieve draws some pursuers away, while Giovanna and Serafyna take out the attackers that DO make it as far as attaching themselves to the carriage itself.

It was like... teamwork. o_0
    One day I'll pick Samuel back up.

Being weaned back onto the system with Corim though, might be sooner rather than later.

Lemme know when. We have some work to do on old Samuel.
    Why are we here?

Apparently this was an actual variant cover for Daredevil.

Daredevil.jpg

Personally, I love it. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Apparently this was an actual variant cover for Daredevil.

Daredevil.jpg

Personally, I love it. ^_^
    Zdarsky did a whole line of "Draw this character variants"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well the winner of the next battle is obvious

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Well the winner of the next battle is obvious
    I was going to say "Depends on which Green lantern they use", but Death Battle grabs from all the continuities as long as it's the same character don't they?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I was going to say "Depends on which Green lantern they use", but Death Battle grabs from all the continuities as long as it's the same character don't they?
    They mainly base it on the primary continuity but due pull feats from others so long as they inine with what the character can do in the primary one

Extraordinary Member

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

add goofy to the list of "people you shouldn't owe money".

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I meant the one they revealed at the end for next time