Extraordinary Member

So a new Dragon Ball series has been announced. But it's not a continuation or sequel to Super. Instead it will focus on the time gap between Z and Super. There was a gap I ask in confusion. I guess there was since Gohan and Videl went from teens in Z to married adults in Super... while Goten and Trunks didn't age.

Apparently Goku will be de-aged and travel the galaxy with Kaioshin at his side... deja vu...

Hmmm. They're really stalling out on continuing the main story in the anime.

Now with trailer.

At least it looks pretty.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-12-2023 at 11:01 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just as a general comment, despite what Robin Hood legends would have us believe, John was actually a really good king whereas Richard was a neglectful ****.

Richard was only ever interested in going off and playing knight by fighting in the crusades, leaving England to sort itself out (and remember, this is at a time when the king played an active role in running the country).

John meanwhile, despite probably being quite a petty, spiteful person by all accounts, was the only one of his brothers who didn’t betray their father, was a competent general, a good administrator, reformed the judiciary thereby laying the basis for English common law, and instituted the sealing of the Magna Carta, thereby laying the basis of England’s (and, as a result, the World’s) system of democracy.

It’s amazing what folklore can do to a reputation.
    i was mainly talking about the different interpretations of "robin hood" prince john, who was almost always portrayed as a greedy coward who jumped the throne while richard was away in the crusades and being bros with saladin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So a new Dragon Ball series has been announced. But it's not a continuation or sequel to Super. Instead it will focus on the time gap between Z and Super. There was a gap I ask in confusion. I guess there was since Gohan and Videl went from teens in Z to married adults in Super... while Goten and Trunks didn't age.

Apparently Goku will be de-aged and travel the galaxy with Kaioshin at his side... deja vu...

Now with trailer.

Note, it seems that the entire cast is getting De aged, not just goku.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Note, it seems that the entire cast is getting De aged, not just goku.
    Yup. Even Roshi and Mr. Satan. Trunks and Goten are turned into babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Now with trailer.

It does seem to take place in Super's timeline, considering that Kibito and Supreme Kai are shown as separate beings in the trailer instead of their fused form.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Just as a general comment, despite what Robin Hood legends would have us believe, John was actually a really good king whereas Richard was a neglectful ****.

Richard was only ever interested in going off and playing knight by fighting in the crusades, leaving England to sort itself out (and remember, this is at a time when the king played an active role in running the country).

John meanwhile, despite probably being quite a petty, spiteful person by all accounts, was the only one of his brothers who didn’t betray their father, was a competent general, a good administrator, reformed the judiciary thereby laying the basis for English common law, and instituted the sealing of the Magna Carta, thereby laying the basis of England’s (and, as a result, the World’s) system of democracy.

It’s amazing what folklore can do to a reputation.
    John also lost almost all his French territory, got excommunicated, taxed the Hell out of his people and yes partly because of Richard's wars but also for the campaigns HE started in France, and fought a civil war that resulted in France invading England. As for the Magna Carta he signed it basically at sword point when his rebelling nobles marched an army into London, and he almost immediately balled it up and tossed it in the trash when the first opportunity to do so came which immediately reignited the civil war. His son Henry was the one who reissued it(because he needed support for more campaigns in France) and actually codified it, though he also tried to get out of it basically until he died. So not sure if he qualifies as a "good" King, though to be fair you're correct in that Richard doesn't either.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-12-2023 at 12:11 PM.

Toriyama's comments on DAIMA:

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It does seem to take place in Super's timeline, considering that Kibito and Supreme Kai are shown as separate beings in the trailer instead of their fused form.
    Maybe the curse thing is forcing everybody into a previous state, including seperating Kibito and Shin, until the effect is reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Toriyama's comments on DAIMA:

Toriyama seems excited. The animation is gorgeous. I'm willing to give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    John also lost almost all his French territory, got excommunicated, taxed the Hell out of his people and yes partly because of Richard's wars but also for the campaigns HE started in France, and fought a civil war that resulted in France invading England. As for the Magna Carta he signed it basically at sword point when his rebelling nobles marched an army into London, and he almost immediately balled it up and tossed it in the trash when the first opportunity to do so came which immediately reignited the civil war. His son Henry was the one who reissued it(because he needed support for more campaigns in France) and actually codified it, though he also tried to get out of it basically until he died. So not sure if he qualifies as a "good" King, though to be fair you're correct in that Richard doesn't either.
    This is all fair. XD

I still maintain Richard was considerably worse, in that he made no attempt to actually be king and just thought he’d have more fun wandering about in the Middle East killing Muslims.
    Chief Curmudgeon

This is all fair. XD

I still maintain Richard was considerably worse, in that he made no attempt to actually be king and just thought he’d have more fun wandering about in the Middle East killing Muslims.
    One know wonders what history would be like if either John or Richard had been bonded to a symbiote...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    One know wonders what history would be like if either John or Richard had been bonded to a symbiote...
    i don't think saladin would've liked venom richard.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i don't think saladin would've liked venom richard.
    He will be too late for Knull Saladin
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

we've come full circle.