I wish more of the Castlevania games were available on Steam. I got the two available collections though.

Didn't know Morris made an impact on the games, that's cool.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    well it was closer than it had any right being even by their own post fight wrap up conclusions(hey if your "notably faster" AND "MUCH more powerful" then it probably shouldn't last very long) but it least it ended correctly. I'm unfamiliar with Jujutsu Kaiten and only know a bare minimum about Chainsaw Man so no real opinion about the next one

Makima vs Gojo, huh? Yeah, I knew this was coming at some point. Control isn't going to work on Gojo since he's not of the mindset to think himself inferior to her and someone like Reze made Makima somewhat nervous to face off against, so the requisites wouldn't be met for her to brainwash him. And Gojo is much faster than she is. The only issue is Makima's Contract and if Gojo can figure out the trick behind it to permanently put her down.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    well it was closer than it had any right being even by their own post fight wrap up conclusions(hey if your "notably faster" AND "MUCH more powerful" then it probably shouldn't last very long) but it least it ended correctly. I'm unfamiliar with Jujutsu Kaiten and only know a bare minimum about Chainsaw Man so no real opinion about the next one
    It's just an instance of them trying to keep the fight portion exciting and entertaining for those that might not see the obvious outcome. Even though they and everybody else already know the winner. See also Thor vs. Raiden, Flash vs. Quicksilver and Storm vs. Korra, to name a few with similar presentations. One of the few fights that actually showed the clear difference in power and speed was Omni-man vs. Homelander, and that was most likely done because everybody wanted to see Homelander get smushed.

At least they fight was fun, and I enjoyed the interactions.

Gojo vs. Makima huh. Might have to skip that one until I've read Chainsaw Man.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-09-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Assuming you've seen the first episode of the anime adaptation, would you say it more or less accurately represents the feel of the source material?

Because I'm very much on the fence right now.
    It represents the feel of the first chapter fairly well, but the skeevier elements get dropped after a little bit, so the same should happen in the show.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well...................i got catfish'd again.

and it just cost me my time, a bunch of my board games, and 200 bucks because i'm too nice.

sigh.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

and it just cost me my time, a bunch of my board games, and 200 bucks because i'm too nice.

sigh.
    Oh no.

We're here for ya, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh no.

We're here for ya, man.
    i know. thanks.

and here i thought i could actually enjoy my birthday this year and not spend it depressed and lonely because my friends and family don't treat me like a priority. another year of red velvet cake and ramen.

sigh.
    I hate that happened to you. I'd say you have to be careful and suspicious online, but you probably don't need to be told that right now. What you need right now is a hug and the knowledge that it'll be alright. Here for you read, don't feel too bad okay? Some people just suck, and they're clearly one of the suckiest ones. *hugs* It'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hate that happened to you. I'd say you have to be careful and suspicious online, but you probably don't need to be told that right now. What you need right now is a hug and the knowledge that it'll be alright. Here for you read, don't feel too bad okay? Some people just suck, and they're clearly one of the suckiest ones. *hugs* It'll be alright.
    i've literally lost count of how many times this has happened to me. i can't do this no more.

and someone just tried to do it to me again! after i told them that i was catfish'd!

like............why the **** am i even here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

i know. thanks.

and here i thought i could actually enjoy my birthday this year and not spend it depressed and lonely because my friends and family don't treat me like a priority. another year of red velvet cake and ramen.
    Ah, gotcha.

You've been always great, supportive, and fun to interact with. It ain't quite the best way to really describe it but wishing you a good birthday and good things to come.