Page 1625 of 1662 FirstFirst ... 62511251525157516151621162216231624162516261627162816291635 ... LastLast
Results 24,361 to 24,375 of 24927
  1. #24361

  2. #24362
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,750

    Default

    'one of the freedoms of post-Brexit'.

    It's pretty sad when one of the victories claimed by the Brexiteers, is a worse system of measurement only used by Myanmar, Liberia, and the US.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  3. #24363
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    5,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    'one of the freedoms of post-Brexit'.

    It's pretty sad when one of the victories claimed by the Brexiteers, is a worse system of measurement only used by Myanmar, Liberia, and the US.
    We don't use Imperial. That would be for Colonies of the British Empire. Ugh.

    No we use the U.S. Customary Units which is LIKE Imperial but some significant(?) differences.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  4. #24364
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    ...Well damn, my week has been pretty dull lately. I guess knowing I got a raise is about the best news so far.

  5. #24365
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Oh, FFS. Morons.

    It’ll never get through parliament though.

  6. #24366
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...Well damn, my week has been pretty dull lately. I guess knowing I got a raise is about the best news so far.
    A raise? That's good news.

    I had a job interview on Thursday, now comes the sit and wait. Not that I don't have things to keep me busy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  7. #24367
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,459

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  8. #24368
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    5,585

    Default

    Wait, they actually pulled of Brexitting? Last I heard they were still arguing about all the details.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  9. #24369
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Wait, they actually pulled of Brexitting? Last I heard they were still arguing about all the details.
    Scotland and Northern Ireland weren't happy about it, but yeah they did.

    Last I heard, Northern Ireland was considering leaving the UK and going back to the rest of Ireland.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  10. #24370
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Scotland and Northern Ireland weren't happy about it, but yeah they did.

    Last I heard, Northern Ireland was considering leaving the UK and going back to the rest of Ireland.
    Latest news on 18/09/21: UK politics is a shambles. Everyone in Britain hates everyone else in Britain for any one of a number of reasons.

    Tomorrow: Same news, change the date.

    We’re now, as a nation, simultaneously both xenophobic and oikophobic. We hate foreigners and our own countrymen. So everyone, pretty much.

  11. #24371
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Latest news on 18/09/21: UK politics is a shambles. Everyone in Britain hates everyone else in Britain for any one of a number of reasons.

    Tomorrow: Same news, change the date.

    We’re now, as a nation, simultaneously both xenophobic and oikophobic. We hate foreigners and our own countrymen. So everyone, pretty much.
    I know this is a serious topic, but I have to be honest here: that second word (oikophobic), I have literally never heard of before.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #24372
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I know this is a serious topic, but I have to be honest here: that second word (oikophobic), I have literally never heard of before.
    Neither had I until I googled the concept I was looking for (and just assuming there would be a word for it).

    9C7646AA-6FB6-4124-9CF9-97267F9AFF70.jpg

  13. #24373
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Neither had I until I googled the concept I was looking for (and just assuming there would be a word for it).

    9C7646AA-6FB6-4124-9CF9-97267F9AFF70.jpg
    Hm, learned a new word today
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  14. #24374
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    9,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    We don't use Imperial. That would be for Colonies of the British Empire. Ugh.

    No we use the U.S. Customary Units which is LIKE Imperial but some significant(?) differences.
    Colonies of the British Empire basically stopped using Imperial years ago. Basically, as Beadle says, it's three countries (US, Liberia, Myanmar) which accounts for about 5% of the world population.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  15. #24375
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Colonies of the British Empire basically stopped using Imperial years ago. Basically, as Beadle says, it's three countries (US, Liberia, Myanmar) which accounts for about 5% of the world population.
    Credit where credit’s due. It was Cthulhu who did that little piece of research.

    My insight is matched only by my laziness.

    Sorry, it’s actually BETTERED by my laziness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •