Darn Tami left rumbles , I'm so sad about this. Couldn't she have stay?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Darn Tami left rumbles , I'm so sad about this. Couldn't she have stay?
    Did she leave for good or is she just taking a break?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Did she leave for good or is she just taking a break?
    I think she's taking a break.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That in no way answers any of the questions I asked.

Or maybe it does.

Good god what has become of Marvel.
    The first is mainly me joking (though that is what happens). The meta reason is probably that it's just a neat visual for a splash page.

The second answer is explained in an earlier storyline of this run, which was actually quite fun.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-21-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Fairy Tail: Okay, that's a nice plot twist. Now, I want to know what happened to the real White Wizard and if she or he lives up to the hype of being equal to Zeref.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Dragon Ball Super: That wasn't as bad as it could've been. But it wasn't great either.

spoilers:
    I like that Goku was still in control of the fight but giving Moro a senzu bean is just dumb and retreads past stupid decisions. So it's especially annoying this time.

I get that the set up is so that Vegeta's new move will be used again and feel like an important part of the plot instead of just filler before the actual final fight. But it is also similar to what we got in the Cell saga. So that together with the senzu bean thing just feels like they're re-doing that popular arc.

I think it would've been cooler if Moro fused with the planet even without the senzu bean.

Whis getting impatient with Goku was pretty great though, even if it was short.
    end of spoilers

The main problem with using the Ohtsutsuki as the primary antagonists is that we know all the details about the chakra fruit and everything about its creation, and that just demystifies that whole thing a bit too much for my liking. Similar to how Spider-verse (the comic) gave me more information that I really wanted about Morlun and his family.
    My issue with the Ohsutsuki being the focus is that it doubles down and ties itself to what I would consider one of the worst bits of the original Naruto series - the whole introduction of Kaguya and the revelation that Naruto and Sasuke are reincarnated god people.

That sucked. It was really out of nowhere, undermined Madara as a perfectly serviceable final boss and largely invalidated the earlier themes of hard work being more important than talent. Naruto and Sasuke aren't able to fight Kaguya because of their cultivated abilities, it all came down to new powers they just spontaneously manifested. I didn't like the Ohsutsuki because they were emblematic of this "magical destiny special one," narrative which I thought was bad. And now Boruto is like "Let me tell you more about these stupid god people who are actually aliens,"

Boruto does have some kind of interesting themes, sort of. But, it's less cohesive than the original ever was, even at it's lowest ebb. I can't pretend I've really engaged with it very much because it just doesn't seem very compelling.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That in no way answers any of the questions I asked.

Or maybe it does.

Good god what has become of Marvel.
    I read Dr. Strange (surprise, it's actually not complete garbage though still not 100% what I want), Daredevil, and the Strange Academy book which is at least amusing. Also Fantastic Four, which honestly is a surprise to me. I avoid Avengers and all of that crap because they just...bleah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I didn't like the Ohsutsuki because they were emblematic of this "magical destiny special one," narrative which I thought was bad.
    I never got into Naruto, and hearing this doesn't push me in that direction. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Speaking of which, the latest Daredevil has a fantastic scene with Spider-man that references stuff that happened in the somewhat good, somewhat bad Spider-man versus Wolverine (from waaaaay back). It actually notes that the trauma of what happened in that one-off has stayed with Peter for years.

I liked it.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I never got into Naruto, and hearing this doesn't push me in that direction. ^_^
    First half is a solid good time.

After the timeskip, kind of a slow decline and a loss of connection to what the series was originally about.

Good fights though, consistently nice art.

First half is a solid good time.

After the timeskip, kind of a slow decline and a loss of connection to what the series was originally about.

Good fights though, consistently nice art.
    Good to know. Might take a look at some point.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, another thing from King of the Hill that amuses me.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Ugh. Hulu REALLY wants my money...

Making good shows, to capitalize on my nostalgia! can you BELIEVE it?!

Although looking at the rest of their line up, I don't see any shows I want to watch I don't already have; so I'm not paying for a monthly subscription for that. I'll just have to hope it comes out on Itunes... or DVD I guess.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

My issue with the Ohsutsuki being the focus is that it doubles down and ties itself to what I would consider one of the worst bits of the original Naruto series - the whole introduction of Kaguya and the revelation that Naruto and Sasuke are reincarnated god people.

That sucked. It was really out of nowhere, undermined Madara as a perfectly serviceable final boss and largely invalidated the earlier themes of hard work being more important than talent. Naruto and Sasuke aren't able to fight Kaguya because of their cultivated abilities, it all came down to new powers they just spontaneously manifested. I didn't like the Ohsutsuki because they were emblematic of this "magical destiny special one," narrative which I thought was bad. And now Boruto is like "Let me tell you more about these stupid god people who are actually aliens,"

Boruto does have some kind of interesting themes, sort of. But, it's less cohesive than the original ever was, even at it's lowest ebb. I can't pretend I've really engaged with it very much because it just doesn't seem very compelling.
    I thought that too about the Sage of Six Paths power up, but after rereading it a few years back I realized that the whole two brothers thing was much less of a special birth power up than it initially looked. I realized that Indura and Ashura weren't things that Naruto and Sasuke were born with, those things attached to the two of them because of the wy their character developed. It's actually possible to tell the exact point that happened at too, it was in the Five Kage Summit arc.

With that in mind, the power ups feel much more earned. They didn't get them because of destiny

I heartily recomend it, it's one of my favorites. I don't thing the flaws out weigh the pluses

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it was good at the start but it started sliding downwards during part 2.