Page 2392 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 1392189222922342238223882389239023912392239323942395239624022442 ... LastLast
Results 35,866 to 35,880 of 37030
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

At least twelve years after first thinking of the story, I finally knocked out the rough draft for it during NaNo. I was going to go back over it for a re-write, but I honestly don't really know how to clean it up properly, so here's the "pilot" as-is:

Spirits of Civilization - On The Stormy Streets

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'll have a look at that later, Sharker! Thanks for posting it.

Currently reading 'The Fantasie of a Stepmother' (aka 'A Stepmother's Fairy Tale'). Again, another 'second time around' Manwha. Again, it has it's own twists, its own charm, and is spectacular. The art starts off...good, but not exceptional, but partway through just shoots up in quality. The plot is...very interesting, character-driven (as most of them are), and focuses a whole lot on family, not just romance (I'm like, 80+ chapters in and the romance has been VERY limited, but the family stuff...lots).

Highly recommend.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Been thinking of getting back to writing proper after months of silence and mostly just writing tidbits of my characters being themselves in daily life or bios of minor characters by the handfuls.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnime!
    It blows Blood Vengeance completely out of the water over how anime it is. Rumblers are going to have a field day using TK8's Story Mode for material. And while playing it, I'm just screaming: "Why doesn't anyone suspect that crazy spoilers:
    bitch, Reina?!
    end of spoilers spoilers:
    She's
    end of spoilers clearly evil and trying to become the next villain! Stop buying into her anime schoolgirl act!"
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It blows Blood Vengeance completely out of the water over how anime it is. Rumblers are going to have a field day using TK8's Story Mode for material. And while playing it, I'm just screaming: "Why doesn't anyone suspect that crazy spoilers:
    bitch, Reina?!
    She's
    end of spoilers clearly evil and trying to become the next villain! Stop buying into her anime schoolgirl act!"
    I mean, it's just weird the story would even try that considering how she was sold to people too. like being spoiled by the marketing
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Hajime no Ippo: Kinda interesting to see an opposing fighter so dismissive of failing the weigh-in. And he seems to have ties to some crime family or something I guess. It's building up to people thinking Rosario will be a pushover due to his current condition. But I'm thinking he'll surprise them.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse: If nothing else, Nakaba is really good at drawing freaky armors. And the one in this chapter might take the cake.

spoilers:
    The gang has to flee from pursuers and Pellegrade has to chase after them as well. It's his job after all. Gowther gets in a nice mind-trick that stuns Pellegrade but I doubt it's truly enough to keep him down.
    end of spoilers

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'll have a look at that later, Sharker! Thanks for posting it.

Currently reading 'The Fantasie of a Stepmother' (aka 'A Stepmother's Fairy Tale'). Again, another 'second time around' Manwha. Again, it has it's own twists, its own charm, and is spectacular. The art starts off...good, but not exceptional, but partway through just shoots up in quality. The plot is...very interesting, character-driven (as most of them are), and focuses a whole lot on family, not just romance (I'm like, 80+ chapters in and the romance has been VERY limited, but the family stuff...lots).

Highly recommend.
    If you're still in need of reading materials, I can also give some recommendations, especially if you enjoyed Kill the Villainess.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

bitch, Reina?!
    She's
    the whole story is like if harada got super high on coke and decided to put every anime trope and cliche in the book and crank it up to 11.

former hero turned villain: check

hero is the hope of the world: check.

ridicules over-the-top fights that center around a martial arts tournament: check

obviously evil woman who fools everyone into thinking she's not totally evil: check.

finding strength from bonds of friendship: check.

i could go on. hahahahaha

Kojima is returning to the genre he pioneer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/state-o...game-with-sony
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-31-2024 at 09:12 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

the whole story is like if harada got super high on coke and decided to put every anime trope and cliche in the book and crank it up to 11.

former hero turned villain: check

hero is the hope of the world: check.

ridicules over-the-top fights that center around a martial arts tournament: check

obviously evil woman who fools everyone into thinking she's not totally evil: check.

finding strength from bonds of friendship: check.

i could go on. hahahahaha
    Yup, it's so shamelessly over-the-top that I absolutely love it. The finale also gave me Asura's Wrath mixed with Devil May Cry vibes that had me hyped until the end.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Yup, it's so shamelessly over-the-top that I absolutely love it. The finale also gave me Asura's Wrath mixed with Devil May Cry vibes that had me hyped until the end.
    ditto.

my two gripes with it: no bob and still not a fan of xiaoyu.

Tekken 8 character endings are a return to form from Tekken 7.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    If you're still in need of reading materials, I can also give some recommendations, especially if you enjoyed Kill the Villainess.
    Kill the Villainess was pretty awesome, both as an example of the genre and a deconstruction of the genre.

I am absolutely interested in recommendations in this genre. ^_^ Thanks, Yun. I've been...like, devouring every one of these I find for a couple of years, now. Between the often ridiculously-good art, the political/societal stuff, and the focus on character interaction over plot and power-gathering, they're really enjoyable.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

ditto.

my two gripes with it: no bob and still not a fan of xiaoyu.
    N-no bob?!