Extraordinary Member

Young Alien Adventurers Find the U.S.S. Voyager in New ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Teaser

I didn't watch much of Voyager, the first and possibly the second season I think. The only thing I know about it's ending is what I read online, though I'm still unsure of they made it back not.

If this animated series is going by the premise that they didn't make it back (or maybe they did but the ship didn't?) and that the ship ended up as shown in this trailer, then this is an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-23-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Young Alien Adventurers Find the U.S.S. Voyager in New ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Teaser

I didn't watch much of Voyager, the first and possibly the second season I think. The only thing I know about it's ending is what I read online, though I'm still unsure of they made it back not.

If this animated series is going by the premise that they didn't make it back (or maybe they did but the ship didn't?) and that the ship ended up as shown in this trailer, then this is an interesting idea.
    they did make it back, thanks to janeway's future self coming back and changing things so that the crew got home faster, thus breaking the temperal prime directive. but then again, it's janeway. she only follows the rules as long as it suits her mood.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dandadan had the best chapter this week by quite a margin.

Did not expect an action comedy series to have a moment that poignant and to have it done quite so well.

The art is really nice in this series and its ability to fluctuate between surrealist horror and brilliantly realised realistic character work is exceptional.

I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, it's a really enjoyable series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Dandadan had the best chapter this week by quite a margin.

Did not expect an action comedy series to have a moment that poignant and to have it done quite so well.

The art is really nice in this series and its ability to fluctuate between surrealist horror and brilliantly realised realistic character work is exceptional.

I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, it's a really enjoyable series.
    Speaking of turbo grannies, have you checked out Takashi Yomoyama's VS Evil? Reminds me a bit of Ender Geister.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Super Hero, huh? Does this mean that Jiren could be making his movie debut?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Speaking of turbo grannies, have you checked out Takashi Yomoyama's VS Evil? Reminds me a bit of Ender Geister.
    I have not but I'll look into it!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Didn't see too much of the show myself, but they did make it back, as mentioned. However, there were at least a few episodes where, due to time shenanigans, various versions of Voyager ended up on radically different trajectories. There was at least one episode where they unlocked some ludicrously overclocked Super Warp Engine that let them jet across the galaxy in a matter of days, but due to some glitch, Voyager ended up phase-crashing into a moon half-way through the trip, and a couple survivors in a second ship managed to split the timeline by sending a warning to their past selves. The ending, as mentioned, saw Voyager arrive on Earth decades after the events of the show, only for her older self to use a Time Warp drive to go back and assist their past selves into making the trip much faster. One time, they phase-locked with another version of themselves from another dimension.

Lots of wacky stuff, but point being, I could see them claiming this as one of those many alternate timelines, which is kind of neat on it's own, depending on how they play with it.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, are they indicating that it's going to be all/mainly CGI. Could be good but has a chance to look just not right as a whole.

I'll have to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Super Hero, huh? Does this mean that Jiren could be making his movie debut?
    I'm personally hoping that it means that Great Saiyaman will get some much needed attention. And I'm worried that if they bring in Jiren he'll just be used to make the big bad look that much tougher.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Guess who got himself an Atlas on Mechwarrior Online?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Didn't see too much of the show myself, but they did make it back, as mentioned. However, there were at least a few episodes where, due to time shenanigans, various versions of Voyager ended up on radically different trajectories. There was at least one episode where they unlocked some ludicrously overclocked Super Warp Engine that let them jet across the galaxy in a matter of days, but due to some glitch, Voyager ended up phase-crashing into a moon half-way through the trip, and a couple survivors in a second ship managed to split the timeline by sending a warning to their past selves. The ending, as mentioned, saw Voyager arrive on Earth decades after the events of the show, only for her older self to use a Time Warp drive to go back and assist their past selves into making the trip much faster. One time, they phase-locked with another version of themselves from another dimension.

Lots of wacky stuff, but point being, I could see them claiming this as one of those many alternate timelines, which is kind of neat on it's own, depending on how they play with it.
    when it comes to voyager, "consequences" is just a word naomi wildman can't spell.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    when it comes to voyager, "consequences" is just a word naomi wildman can't spell.
    Pretty much.

Just now recalling how Janeway somewhat laughed off how she and a few members of the crew with her got assimilated by the Borg...And it was intentional as it was apparently part of a plan.

...Prior to this, assimilation is arguably the most horrifying thing about the Borg, one that not only scarred Captain Picard, but got him to straight up encourage others to give any unfortunate sap caught by the Borg a mercy kill because you may as well do them a favor of sparing them the upcoming horrors the Borg will inflict on them. And Janeway treats hers like a typical crisis of the week.

...They were not kidding when they say Janeway made the Borg her bitch.

Extraordinary Member

watched the knew Masters of the Universe cartoon. It wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly decent.

And the people complaining about He-Man not being in it enough were full of it, Dude's in every episode

watched the knew Masters of the Universe cartoon. It wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly decent.

And the people complaining about He-Man not being in it enough were full of it, Dude's in every episode
    Now I haven’t seen it, and hadn’t even heard the complaints to which you’re referring, but saying he’s “in every episode” in a series of which the previous iterations were ostensibly ALL ABOUT him, is kinda damning it with faint praise.

If you had a Scooby Doo cartoon series and Scooby was only briefly in each episode, people would still be well within their rights to complain he wasn’t in it enough.

Scooby Doo should get to be the villain of an episode
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie