Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Cities: Most cities and towns were destroyed in the godly calamity. However, three bastions created by magic remain from the old days, and each is ruled by a Baron/Baroness.

The Iron Baron rules The Falls, a multi-tiered city of waterfalls and rivers sculpted by magic to create breathtaking roads, paths, and cannels. The city has five tiers, each with its own watery wonders and is considered the most beautiful of the three bastions. It is believed to have been a High Elven city before the fall.

The Silver Baroness rules The Standing. A bastion of magic created to be a school of mages, it has grown into a vast city of merchants and traders alongside being the only place where magic can be learned via the College of Magicians. It is a constantly growing city, alive in a way as more people move to live there, and its iconic Silver Spire in the center is where the Baroness gets her title.

The Blade Baroness rules The Citadel. It is the smallest of the three Bastions, but it is where the Feverblades are trained and where the military/guards are trained. It is a fortress centered in the middle of the continent, and it is made of an imposing dark stone that is impervious to all damage. It is also the most industrial of the Bastions, housing more forges and inventors than the other Bastions.

Beyond the three Bastions, there are hundreds of holdfasts and villages dotting the landscape. Other then the Bastions, the most important city would be the Many City, which houses the council of Falgain (the ruling families that act as a counter to the Baron and Baronesses) and the main temples of Those of True Color.

Thoughts so far? Should I post the sign-up sheets to for more info?
    I've risen from the CBRp grave to say it looks interesting, but I'm interested to hear about the sci-fi rp idea you mentioned as well.

So, they're finally licensing and dubbing it.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I like that idea but agree with Pie, what's the other one
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Cities: Most cities and towns were destroyed in the godly calamity. However, three bastions created by magic remain from the old days, and each is ruled by a Baron/Baroness.

The Iron Baron rules The Falls, a multi-tiered city of waterfalls and rivers sculpted by magic to create breathtaking roads, paths, and cannels. The city has five tiers, each with its own watery wonders and is considered the most beautiful of the three bastions. It is believed to have been a High Elven city before the fall.

The Silver Baroness rules The Standing. A bastion of magic created to be a school of mages, it has grown into a vast city of merchants and traders alongside being the only place where magic can be learned via the College of Magicians. It is a constantly growing city, alive in a way as more people move to live there, and its iconic Silver Spire in the center is where the Baroness gets her title.

The Blade Baroness rules The Citadel. It is the smallest of the three Bastions, but it is where the Feverblades are trained and where the military/guards are trained. It is a fortress centered in the middle of the continent, and it is made of an imposing dark stone that is impervious to all damage. It is also the most industrial of the Bastions, housing more forges and inventors than the other Bastions.

Beyond the three Bastions, there are hundreds of holdfasts and villages dotting the landscape. Other then the Bastions, the most important city would be the Many City, which houses the council of Falgain (the ruling families that act as a counter to the Baron and Baronesses) and the main temples of Those of True Color.

Thoughts so far? Should I post the sign-up sheets to for more info?
    Idea sounds good but I'm also interested in the scifi idea
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

A bit of info on Falgain: A Tale of Bones and Gods, the fantasy RPG idea I have so far.

Love the idea so far, but I'm a sucker for a good fantasy story. Still, I'm interested to hear what your sci-fi idea is.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

God, I miss Ryuko.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I had a post apocalyptic Rpg idea where humans, and every other primate died out because of great war on Earth and the only thing sentient life left on the Earth was mutants ( The TMNT kind but not mutant apes, and monkeys) .
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Gonna have to flake out on myself and abandon NaNoWriMo. It's largely a combination of poor time management and a lack of sleep that makes the work processing part of my mind fizzle out.

Regardless, I think I've learned what some of my limitations are, chiefly that in order to learn how to write, you need to sit down and read. Think I'll continue my grind on that front.

A bit of info on Falgain: A Tale of Bones and Gods, the fantasy RPG idea I have so far.

The world has changed.

Seven hundred years ago, the world ended. The ‘gods’ died or abandoned the world, proven false, and cultures and races crumbled into dust. Until the emergence of Falgain’s true gods, Those of True Color (imprisoned by the false gods of Falgain until the world was over), did the world begin to heal and band together.

The chaos and ruin of the world forced survivors to the brink, and where once division ruled, cohabitation and reliance upon one another became the norm. Peoples who once hated each other, under Those of True Color, banded together to rebuild society and the world. Races intermarried, cultures pieced themselves together into a new tapestry, and in bastions of Old magic, the survivors of the apocalypse learned, grew, and prospered. The false gods had left them for dead, but under Those of True Color, the world endured and lived on.

However………

Now, something old stirs and the world is not ready for the reemergence of the Wolf. Last of her kind, survivor of Calamity. The Winter Wolf of the Black Hunt.

She Who Stalks the Snows.

An old God remains, and the world will feel her teeth.
    This premise does sound interesting, sort of a post-apocalyptic, after the fall sort of fantasy, I gather, setting the stage for the player characters as a part of structured world ready to venture into primordial chaos.

The structure of the world in turn blends neatly into the narrative behind the systems with regards to racial traits and magic.

What were you thinking the stat spread would look like?

Revised of my Post apocalyptic Rpg idea, but just the premise.

In the far future humans have gotten lazy and created Hybrids ( mutants ) do all the hard labor for them, while humans live the life of luxury. Most hybrids accepted their roles given to them by humans, all expect the ape and monkey hybrids. They sought to overthrown their oppressors. Leading to a great bloody war.

This war last until the year 3125 were the humans and Ape and Monkey hybrids wiped themselves. With the Ape and Monkey Hybrids dead, only the other Hybrids were left to survive the wasteland. It was long before these Hybrids start forming clans and trying to build a societies out of the ashes, Try to uncover hidden mysteries such as if the gods humans worship were real.

Cause after the Humans had been wiped out monsters start popping up around the world, and other phenomenon the hybrids couldn't explain. Did the human and primate Hybrid war unleashed a ancient evil or did a weapon the humans used during the last day of the war created the monsters? Brave Hybrids set out to find the answers.

that's the revised premise.
    My Forum check it out

Some keynotes on the world of Falgain and its people, by the hand of Nobul Khan Lang, First of the Order of the Enlightened Blue Eye (that’s me! When info dumping, it will be done via Nobul’s writings at the start of story segments).

Bloodlines: Falgain once sported a host of different cultures and peoples. Before calamity, they were often listed as Fae, Human, Calban, or Mer. In today’s world, few of pure blood remain of these races, instead most people are combinations of human and one of the other, otherwise survival after the calamity would have been impossible (human it was found could breed with the other races, while the others could not oft breed with each other).

In game, bloodlines grant slight advantages. Mer can breathe underwater and see in the dark, their eyes glow faintly gold and their skin tone tends towards the paler side. Fae (elf, dwarf, goblin, etc….was a term for naturally magical races that never numbered as large as the human or Mer people, so Fae has the broadest term in bloodlines) has the broadest sweep of physical characteristics. Some Fae bloodlines have sharper ears, eyes, nails. Some are shorter and stockier, but hardier. Some have special affinities or move unnaturally well. Fae bloodline allows the players to customize their character a bit more than normal. Players may ask the GM for special affinities/traits if they pick the Fae race, depending on which particular fae they choose to bloodline from. Calban were a rare race that were completely immune to magic thanks to their ‘divine’ nature. Calban were descended from the gods (false gods) and were unusually attractive, tall, and strong. Nowadays, those of the Calban bloodline are considered both blessed and cursed. Cursed in that their blood carries connection to the false gods and the destruction of the world, but blessed in that many find their immunity to magic useful. Human is not a bloodline as all have human blood now, though one can play as a full human if one chooses.

Magic and magicians were a common occurrence in the old world, but nowadays magic is separated into two categories: internal and external. External magic users bend the ether to their will, allowing them control of the forces of wind, fire, earth, metal, water, light, darkness, magnetism, plants or animals. Most only specialize in two of these at most, with some skilled being more capable. Internal magic is vastly different. Internal magic is found in those born with the magic talent, but unable to use its power. That well of magic within them instead fuels their internal capabilities, increasing their strength and speed and durability. These internal mages, called Feverblades , activate their power and this causes their bodies to speed up, their pupils to dilate, their breathing to increase and their muscles to strengthen, their senses sharper and more aware. The internal magics do burn up quickly, so most Feverblades try to only ‘boost’ for short periods of time. Most Feverblades are fine warriors and fighters, and most make up special forces and investigators amongst the Cities.

Looking at this I thought of good combinations

1 Earth & Magnetism

2 Light & Darkness

3 Fire & Metal

4 Fire & Earth

5. Light & magnetism

6 Plants & Animals

7 Magnetism & Animals

8 Magnetism & plants

9 Wind & Fire

10 Wind & Magnetism
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-19-2023 at 04:37 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Gonna have to flake out on myself and abandon NaNoWriMo. It's largely a combination of poor time management and a lack of sleep that makes the work processing part of my mind fizzle out.

Regardless, I think I've learned what some of my limitations are, chiefly that in order to learn how to write, you need to sit down and read. Think I'll continue my grind on that front.
    Hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

And, actually, I'm gunna have to say, my boisterously announced goal of getting a series outline done by the end of the month, I'm going to have to put off as well. November and December have, due to work, traditionally been the worst time of the year for me to try to be creative, and with a few things going on, my mind just can't be in the headspace right now. I have done a little bit a writing and editing since, mostly cleaning up some older files, but tackling a new thing is just off the plate. It happens.

January is where I usually tend to get some time and energy back, and start being creatively productive again. I plan to take a few weeks off this new year, so maybe I'll be able to tackle another project then.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I hear you guys. It's been surprisingly kinda draining that my creativity is at minimum levels as I'm focusing on other things. Working in retail at the holidays really pounds the brain to mush to boot.

And then my personal problems but thankfully I'm walking away from that but it sure was draining.

Extraordinary Member

Just got back from watching The Marvels and I gotta say that I think it's gotten very undeserved bad press.

It's shorter than a lot of MCU movies, which works in its favour. It makes the adventure feel fast paced and breezy without ever over-staying its welcome.

The interactions between the titular trio is great. They handle the lighter scenes and the more dramatic stuff really well. And seeing the Kahns interact with Nick Fury is just a delight.

I also liked the main villain. She has a good motivation, and there was a sense of desperation that fueled all her evil deeds. I found her quite engaging.

It's also quite creative with its action scenes and at least one of the locations is just a hoot.

There are some issues with the logistics of the villain's situation and her plan. And the flerken does overstay its welcome. But none of those issues break it in any way for me.

Yeah. I just think that The Marvels is great fun.