nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    My Hero Academia: So, we get the backstory of All For One and his brother and...yeah, he was essentially a born psychopath.
    nothing really likeable in that one.

a recent example of a great backstory for a villain is donald na from "weak hero".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I can imagine either any DLC for this game or potential side game expanding on spoilers:
    Cindy Moon's post credit cameo
    end of spoilers.

Hmm. At some point I would love it if we could get a Spider-Girl focused sequel. Mayday needs more love.
    Unfrunately if we get Mayday I iamgine it'll be in as a baby.

If they include spider-Girl, it'd probably be Gwen. Either doing a Multiverse thing, or do a clone saga where she gets spider-powers

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: So, we get the backstory of All For One and his brother and...yeah, he was essentially a born psychopath.
    I rather like it. While it mainly reaffirms what we already knew (that he's always been a monster), I appreciate the insight into his twisted motivation for becoming a villain and equally twisted affection for his brother. It's also nice to see more into the early days of quirk society, and how quirks were deemed as the "other" by shitty science early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Unfrunately if we get Mayday I iamgine it'll be in as a baby.

If they include spider-Girl, it'd probably be Gwen. Either doing a Multiverse thing, or do a clone saga where she gets spider-powers
    Oh definitely. Spider-Gwen gets all the love nowadays. And Mayday getting a starring role would be far off in a potential future project most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I rather like it. While it mainly reaffirms what we already knew (that he's always been a monster), I appreciate the insight into his twisted motivation for becoming a villain and equally twisted affection for his brother. It's also nice to see more into the early days of quirk society, and how quirks were deemed as the "other" by shitty science early on.
    Oh yeah, I enjoyed the chapter overall, I was just amused that AFO was the Anti-Christ when he was barely out of his mother's womb (literally). Also, his mother's quirk and AFO's usage of said-quirk was giving horrible Uzumaki flashbacks.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Silly Takato; You're never too old *or* young to play God.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Default Something Something Jiriaya, something something Naruto, Teaching Yada Yada

You know, I think about my boy Jiriaya, from Naruto quite a bit these days. (Obviously, spoilers for that series, just shy of Boruto.)

Mostly about how everyone rips him a new ******* for not teaching Naruto anything other than 'Bigger Ball Rasengan' and 'Not being grossly incompetent'.

It's all technically true--At the end of the day, that's all he could rely on, and I certainly can't name anything else he had-- but it does sort of leave out the nuance I feel. Which is to say, the critique is valid, but I see the reasoning and the vision, even if it didn't work out.

I think his biggest mistake was maybe being led by what he thinks Minato wanted, along with the absolutely obvious advantages that Naruto mastering Kurama would entail. I don't even think it's fully a mistake, in terms of the potential benefit. Especially when we consider he was on a ticking clock both in terms of Akatsuki pulling up, and saving Sasuke.

His main goal was to try and help Naruto harness the power of the nine-tails. He states as much, and he's led to believe that was what Naruto's parents wanted given the few scant clues he has. He also knows--presumably--that other Jin have considerable mastery of their Bijuu, even if they're not perfect Jin.

Although, I think there were like....two perfect hosts around the time Riya was active? Yagura and Bee? Maybe Yugito? And the other hosts had some level of access and control over their powers.

I mean, honestly, I'm willing to wager most of the hosts have been retroactively made perfect Jin, or something close to it. IIRC, the Minato Gaiden had two of them work together and decide to try and nuke team Minato.

That's ignoring Gaara.

6/9 Bijjuu hosts were able to control their abilities at will, with Gaara being the only one I listed who basically couldn't control his transformation at all. (I'm not saying that they led charmed lives, of course.)

I can see why Jiraiya thought it was theoretically possible that Naruto could get some level of control over Kurama, especially given they've atleast had tools to keep him sealed pre-series in Kushina, nevermind that key Jiraiya was given to him, which basically screamed to him that Minato wanted Naruto to learn to control Kurama.

(I also think, that Minato basically had faith something something Naruto something something oppose Madara? I don't remember, but I feel like Naruto getting stuck with Kurama was some 4D plan Minato had or something)

And he wasn't really wrong perse, he just didn't have the information necessary to accomplish his goals.

He didn't know about the waterfall of truth or whatever, and apparently he didn't learn about Minato and Kushina beating Kurama's ass in the spirit realm or whatever. Or maybe he forgot. Or maybe they didn't know what it meant themselves, really.

If he could teach Naruto how to harness Kurama's power, the sky's the limit. We know this, given the absolutely bonkers **** Naruto gets into once he does develop a positive relationship with Kurama/beats his ass.

On that note, I'm honestly convinced the reason why Minato came back with a perfect KCM mode, is because he beat Kurama's ass in the spirit realm or whatever. I don't know how it works, but it makes the most sense, IMO.

It was just unfortunate that it took close to the entire timeskip for them to learn that 4-tails was as far as Naruto could go under the current system, without being overtaken by Kurama.

If anything, I'm more disappointed that Jiraiya didn't manage to pry the secrets of tailed beast mastery or something from one of these villages, but I'm pretty sure that's probably crazy high level ****, which is easier said than done.

I mean, Cloud almost certainly would never have gave Naruto that information if there wasn't a massive world war going on. And Jiraiya was busy with Akatsuki or whatever, I suppose. And we don't know how anyone else made things work.

Of course, I still think it would have been wise to try and teach him some elemental ****, or sage mode, but that might have been too much to have on the same plate at the same time. IIRC, all of that **** normally takes years, or something. IIRC, even Minato was somewhat limited in his abilities with Sage Mode.

And I honestly can't blame him for not realizing just how absolutely broken Naruto X Shadow Clone learning is.

Really, if anything, I wish him and Kakashi kept in more contact or something. I don't know if the latter had a late night epiphany when Naruto returned to the village or what, but lol. The fact that you can accumulate knowledge/memory through a metric fuckton of shadow clones was 100% a game changer.

....I also think it absolutely would always have been a good idea to keep Yamato nearby, even if you do have methods of dealing with demon-fox bullshit.

Again, I certainly wouldn't argue that Jiraiya taught him more than big ball Rasengan and how to pass the Chunin exams, but I felt compelled to attempt to mitigate the scorn his name invokes when we think of Sensei's in Naruto.

I give him *some* slack. An A for effort, even if it kinda manifested in wasted time.

Now, please look forwards to my next post longer than five sentences...

About seven years from now. About a series that will be even older than this one.
    Last edited by Miburo; 11-17-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Silly Takato; You're never too old *or* young to play God.
    Just to double check: Is Tamers the one with D-Reaper?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

been playing Star Ocean second Story R. on my 4th play through with Claude. so far I have 75 endings.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Monitor returns with a beautiful essay about a series I have never read. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    yes, it's the one with the D-Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    yes, it's the one with the D-Reaper
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Note: Gabriel with limiter off is still a bastard of a final boss.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A bit of info on Falgain: A Tale of Bones and Gods, the fantasy RPG idea I have so far.

The world has changed.

Seven hundred years ago, the world ended. The ‘gods’ died or abandoned the world, proven false, and cultures and races crumbled into dust. Until the emergence of Falgain’s true gods, Those of True Color (imprisoned by the false gods of Falgain until the world was over), did the world begin to heal and band together.

The chaos and ruin of the world forced survivors to the brink, and where once division ruled, cohabitation and reliance upon one another became the norm. Peoples who once hated each other, under Those of True Color, banded together to rebuild society and the world. Races intermarried, cultures pieced themselves together into a new tapestry, and in bastions of Old magic, the survivors of the apocalypse learned, grew, and prospered. The false gods had left them for dead, but under Those of True Color, the world endured and lived on.

However………

Now, something old stirs and the world is not ready for the reemergence of the Wolf. Last of her kind, survivor of Calamity. The Winter Wolf of the Black Hunt.

She Who Stalks the Snows.

An old God remains, and the world will feel her teeth.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Some keynotes on the world of Falgain and its people, by the hand of Nobul Khan Lang, First of the Order of the Enlightened Blue Eye (that’s me! When info dumping, it will be done via Nobul’s writings at the start of story segments).

Bloodlines: Falgain once sported a host of different cultures and peoples. Before calamity, they were often listed as Fae, Human, Calban, or Mer. In today’s world, few of pure blood remain of these races, instead most people are combinations of human and one of the other, otherwise survival after the calamity would have been impossible (human it was found could breed with the other races, while the others could not oft breed with each other).

In game, bloodlines grant slight advantages. Mer can breathe underwater and see in the dark, their eyes glow faintly gold and their skin tone tends towards the paler side. Fae (elf, dwarf, goblin, etc….was a term for naturally magical races that never numbered as large as the human or Mer people, so Fae has the broadest term in bloodlines) has the broadest sweep of physical characteristics. Some Fae bloodlines have sharper ears, eyes, nails. Some are shorter and stockier, but hardier. Some have special affinities or move unnaturally well. Fae bloodline allows the players to customize their character a bit more than normal. Players may ask the GM for special affinities/traits if they pick the Fae race, depending on which particular fae they choose to bloodline from. Calban were a rare race that were completely immune to magic thanks to their ‘divine’ nature. Calban were descended from the gods (false gods) and were unusually attractive, tall, and strong. Nowadays, those of the Calban bloodline are considered both blessed and cursed. Cursed in that their blood carries connection to the false gods and the destruction of the world, but blessed in that many find their immunity to magic useful. Human is not a bloodline as all have human blood now, though one can play as a full human if one chooses.

Magic and magicians were a common occurrence in the old world, but nowadays magic is separated into two categories: internal and external. External magic users bend the ether to their will, allowing them control of the forces of wind, fire, earth, metal, water, light, darkness, magnetism, plants or animals. Most only specialize in two of these at most, with some skilled being more capable. Internal magic is vastly different. Internal magic is found in those born with the magic talent, but unable to use its power. That well of magic within them instead fuels their internal capabilities, increasing their strength and speed and durability. These internal mages, called Feverblades , activate their power and this causes their bodies to speed up, their pupils to dilate, their breathing to increase and their muscles to strengthen, their senses sharper and more aware. The internal magics do burn up quickly, so most Feverblades try to only ‘boost’ for short periods of time. Most Feverblades are fine warriors and fighters, and most make up special forces and investigators amongst the Cities.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Cities: Most cities and towns were destroyed in the godly calamity. However, three bastions created by magic remain from the old days, and each is ruled by a Baron/Baroness.

The Iron Baron rules The Falls, a multi-tiered city of waterfalls and rivers sculpted by magic to create breathtaking roads, paths, and cannels. The city has five tiers, each with its own watery wonders and is considered the most beautiful of the three bastions. It is believed to have been a High Elven city before the fall.

The Silver Baroness rules The Standing. A bastion of magic created to be a school of mages, it has grown into a vast city of merchants and traders alongside being the only place where magic can be learned via the College of Magicians. It is a constantly growing city, alive in a way as more people move to live there, and its iconic Silver Spire in the center is where the Baroness gets her title.

The Blade Baroness rules The Citadel. It is the smallest of the three Bastions, but it is where the Feverblades are trained and where the military/guards are trained. It is a fortress centered in the middle of the continent, and it is made of an imposing dark stone that is impervious to all damage. It is also the most industrial of the Bastions, housing more forges and inventors than the other Bastions.

Beyond the three Bastions, there are hundreds of holdfasts and villages dotting the landscape. Other then the Bastions, the most important city would be the Many City, which houses the council of Falgain (the ruling families that act as a counter to the Baron and Baronesses) and the main temples of Those of True Color.

Thoughts so far? Should I post the sign-up sheets to for more info?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM