Page 79 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 36857
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I think I'm going deep into Baki territory leakimg to my own writing as I'm explaing how a Karate master manage to train his fingers to the point each one finger is as strong as his own arm, fingertips hitting as hard as a human fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...I think I'm going deep into Baki territory leakimg to my own writing as I'm explaing how a Karate master manage to train his fingers to the point each one finger is as strong as his own arm, fingertips hitting as hard as a human fist.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been sick all week but this made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    ...Yeah, my characters are good...But not Karate Kid good.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Nice, glad to see your book getting attention.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

How's sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    How's sales?
    decent. sadly, because of the aforementioned formatting issues and processing fees, I don't really make much in a way of profit. my book 17 bucks but i only get like 2 bucks in royalties.

...Yeah, my characters are good...But not Karate Kid good.

Nice, glad to see your book getting attention.
    for those who don't know, that is krimson rogue, a youtuber with a show called "the book was better".

decent. sadly, because of the aforementioned formatting issues and processing fees, I don't really make much in a way of profit. my book 17 bucks but i only get like 2 bucks in royalties.
    Hmm... That sucks.

I've only sold like three copies of mine. I'm hoping once my web serial gets listed on a web fic site, people will actually check it out. Most of my existing readers, it isn't really their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hmm... That sucks.

I've only sold like three copies of mine. I'm hoping once my web serial gets listed on a web fic site, people will actually check it out. Most of my existing readers, it isn't really their thing.
    well stick with it, man. you got a interesting idea going.

It's not without some precedent in reality, however.

well stick with it, man. you got a interesting idea going.
    Thanks.

To be fair, if I was actually capable of writing long form, I could have probably expanded the one novel into a trilogy, but it was hard enough just making it as long as I did.

Trying to gestate my next project, though, hopefully I'll have something new started before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    ...In 2010's trend of producing anime adaptations of old long-running series(both manga AND live action i.e. Devilman, Hoshin Engi, Orphen, Ultraman, Superhuman Syber Squad, etc.), why haven't we gotten a green light for a Battle Angel Alita anime yet?
    I think besides the ultraviolence making an appropriate timeslot difficult to find, I think the OVA released in 1993 soured Kishiro's disposition on adaptations for the longest time. They twisted some characters around and added some fillers and such.

Fun fact, Miki Ito (Android 18) voices Gally, and the animation model sheets were designed by Nobuteru Yuuki (Escaflowne, Chrono Cross)

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It's not without some precedent in reality, however.

Ah, well that is neat.

The thing with the fingers is that he uses the tiger claw hand pose in order to make punches a finger so he's like punching 5 fold. It's like a let's get dangerous mode when **** hits the fan.

...Then there's this moment thanks to training that consists of his master tossing him over a waterfall...cause why not, he develops in free fall mach speed punches.

...I'm going through a insane phase atm.