Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...why have a new Walker? Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Because the show is 20 years old next year, so that's more than enough time to reboot Walker, Texas Ranger. But a grittier, serious and more "realistic" Walker, Texas Ranger. Because everything has to be gritty and serious these days.
    A new walker where the role is whitewashed no less. For those confused, in the show, Walker was half cherokee despite looking completely white. Because despite looking completely white, Chuck Norris is himself half cherokee ( maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother were both cherokee, and he was partially raised by his maternal grandparents I believe) and he identifies with that culture

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

struggling for ideas

any drawing suggestions?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    struggling for ideas

any drawing suggestions?
    Sun Wukong kicking Ares ass.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A new walker where the role is whitewashed no less. For those confused, in the show, Walker was half cherokee despite looking completely white. Because despite looking completely white, Chuck Norris is himself half cherokee ( maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother were both cherokee, and he was partially raised by his maternal grandparents I believe) and he identifies with that culture
    Huh. Learn something new every day
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

struggling for ideas

any drawing suggestions?
    Kamen Rider Captain America!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So Oscar Isaac will be playing moon knight. and This is proving divisive not because they are making the character non white, but because Moon Knight is jewish and many feel it should be a Jewish actor playing him. Isaac, it turns out may have some Jewish ancestry on his father's side, but for many this is still an issue because he doesnt identify as Jewish and Moon Knight is one of the few canonically Jewish characters in Marvel

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

came up with my own ideas after posting haha

came up with my own ideas after posting haha
    Looking forward to seeing what you came up with.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Huh. Learn something new every day
    as a texan, "walker: texas ranger" was our jam. and walker himself was basically a texan batman. i'm not joking.

his partners were murdered in front of him as a child and he was sent to live with his uncle on the reservation, where he learned all the ways of the Cherokee. then he joined the army as a green baret and moved back to texas to be a texas ranger.

if you don't take the show so seriously, it's a lot of fun.

like the time walker fought the viper, a world class assassin who killed president kennedy. (also, walker was at dealey plaza that day)

or the time he fought a crazy indian witch doctor, who was played by the late great billy drago.

or the time he fought gary busey.

or the time he teamed up with sammo hung to beat up some racist fuckers.

or the time he travelled back into time using indian magic to solve a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as a texan, "walker: texas ranger" was our jam. and walker himself was basically a texan batman. i'm not joking.

his partners were murdered in front of him as a child and he was sent to live with his uncle on the reservation, where he learned all the ways of the Cherokee. then he joined the army as a green baret and moved back to texas to be a texas ranger.

like the time walker fought the viper, a world class assassin who killed president kennedy. (also, walker was at dealey plaza that day)

or the time he fought a crazy indian witch doctor, who was played by the late great billy drago.

I need to rewatch it. I also remember the cyborg episode.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I need to rewatch it. I also remember the cyborg episode.
    i got my best friend to start watching it and he was amazed at how balls nuts it was. since then, he refers to walker as the "day walker": all the powers of a native american and all the advantages of a white man.

and i do mean ALL the powers. when walker needs to, he can call upon the spirits of his ancestors to grant him super indian powers.

i got my best friend to start watching it and he was amazed at how balls nuts it was. since then, he refers to walker as the "day walker": all the powers of a native american and all the advantages of a white man.

and i do mean ALL the powers. when walker needs to, he can call upon the spirits of his ancestors to grant him super indian powers.
    Lol dude I forgot about some of that stuff. Definitely time for some rewatching.

The Way of the House Husband is getting an anime. Hell yeah!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Damn, I missed out lol

My grandparents watched the reruns pretty much every day. The intro music has been running through my head all day lol
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!