Be Afraid Kacchan.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

So, after putting it off for months because I didn't want it to end, I finally watched the finale of Tangled the Series.

Damn I love that series

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yes sir! What do you think of her? Think she should make a return albeit done better?
    She was a particularly badly written character in a badly written show. I don't have any strong feelings over her. If a writing team thought they could do interesting stuff with her conceptually then I wouldn't be adverse to her returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Order of the Stick: Oh dear, negotiations are probably not going to be on the table for a while after this.

Kinda worth it for the sick burn from Durkon though.
    Yep, this is escalating faster than I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, after putting it off for months because I didn't want it to end, I finally watched the finale of Tangled the Series.

Damn I love that series
    I found the character herself to be a bit of a Mary Sue tbh. She was portrayed as a comparable, if not better fighter than her friend, who had been training as a knight her entire life, everyone save one or two characters just adore her within seconds of meeting her, she can pretty much master anything she tries within seconds of doing it, and is portrayed as someone who just can't do anything wrong. Can't stand her.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Be Afraid Kacchan.
    Deku: You know him Uraraka-san. He's my childhood friend.

Ochako: Oh yeah. *side-glares at Bakugo* Your "friend". I've been meaning to have a talk with him.

Bakugo: Oh **** me. Who knew there would be consequences to my actions.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Order of the Stick: Oh dear, negotiations are probably not going to be on the table for a while after this.

Kinda worth it for the sick burn from Durkon though.
    Also like how spoilers:
    Durkon was smart enough to bring hidden backup in the form of Minrah in case the negotiations went south like they did.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Human stupidity never ceases to amuse and sadden me.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yep, this is escalating faster than I thought it would.
    At least future negotiations can ony improve from here.

...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Also like how spoilers:
    Durkon was smart enough to bring hidden backup in the form of Minrah in case the negotiations went south like they did.
    end of spoilers
    That was pretty boss yeah.

But it's such a big move that Redcloak's team are bound to notice it. And nobody is ready to deal with Xykon right now.

At least future negotiations can ony improve from here.

...right?
    Durkon Thundershield is many things.

Easily dissuaded from his chosen path is not one of them.

But it's such a big move that Redcloak's team are bound to notice it. And nobody is ready to deal with Xykon right now.
    Well, depending on if the rest of the team have managed to cotton on to where Durkon has gone to, they might be in a better position than they've ever been before.

Two clerics now, Durkon has a fancy new legendary weapon, Roy has a handle on both his anti-undead effect and the spellsplitter technique, Elan has a fancy new weapon, Hayley has her store of wands, they've all levelled a couple of times since their last encounter with Xykon and Roy has actively been making tactics and stuff.

Varsuvius might not have the most optimal loadout of spells to hand and they also might get snatched by the fiends but they still have a... reasonable shot.

So, I've been reading Out by Mizuta Makoto recently.

It's very interesting in that it's like the anti-Crows/Worst. While violence and delinquent culture is by and large portrayed as kind of fun and honourable and exciting in the world of Crows/Worst, Out is very preoccupied with highlighting two things.

Firstly, all of the delinquents are generally shitty people. You do not become a violent, thuggish delinquent in a gang unless you are at least somewhat predisposed to violence and, usually, come from a messed up background. Even Abe, who is generally presented as the best of them, is now contemplating full out murder in the most recent chapters. "The life" as it were, corrupts all of them. There's no honour, no actual achievement, it's just violence and it's not a good thing.

Second, it really wants to hone in on how shocking and upsetting violence is. The fight scenes start out pretty hard edged but rapidly spiral into absolutely brutal. I've read a lot of violent stuff in my time and Out feels almost paced like a horror rather than an action series. Impacts hurt, people are physically ruined, it's not cool or really enjoyable. Iguchi, the protagonist, is very aware how close to becoming a murderer he becomes and it haunts him, those who go beyond it are broken on a much deeper level.

It's a very interesting little series. Currently it looks to be in it's climactic arc and it's very heavy going. Especially when you recall that most of the characters are 17 - 19. So... recommended but I definitely do not think it's for everyone.

Oh, and Kai is an extremely disturbing character. In a series full of total monsters, Kai is somehow the most unsettling.