Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    Now, now. A noble human sacrifice is the best way to cap off one's redemption arc. Don't take that away from Katsuki. Slight joking aside, I don't like his chances. Save for a handful of non-Quirk related exceptions, characters in MHA have relatively human durability for the most part and don't shrug off injuries like impalement like a Bleach character would.
    end of spoilers
    Or Naruto. Or especially One Piece, where getting a sword driven straight through the chest was walked off by a man who had previously been on pretty much life support. And Usopp, who is considered "human", not only survived getting hit in the face full-on by a four-ton bat, he could talk and win the fight.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    Now, now. A noble human sacrifice is the best way to cap off one's redemption arc. Don't take that away from Katsuki. Slight joking aside, I don't like his chances. Save for a handful of non-Quirk related exceptions, characters in MHA have relatively human durability for the most part and don't shrug off injuries like impalement like a Bleach character would.
    end of spoilers
    I mean...

spoilers:
    ...if by "redemption arc" you mean "something mashed into the text during the last five odd chapters," then sure, go for it.

Also, Mirio got stabbed up and totally lived. I don't think he's dead, kid is a fan favourite for some reason.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean...

spoilers:
    ...if by "redemption arc" you mean "something mashed into the text during the last five odd chapters," then sure, go for it.

Also, Mirio got stabbed up and totally lived. I don't think he's dead, kid is a fan favourite for some reason.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think Mirio got stabbed up. I know that Sir Nighteye got stabbed up, and he totally died. Had final words with his proteges and a funeral and everything.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

MHA

spoilers:

Did Bakugo get impaled, or are those things things gonna take his power?
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Oh Barry. When will you learn to dodge?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Good to see they haven't lost their touch. And Goddamn, Yui and Asuna! You're seriously making Kirito into the only sane and morally decent member of your family at this point.O_o
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Houseki no Kuni 93
    spoilers:
    Phos has Megaman'd Cinnabar in the gooiest way possible and sadly, it seems that only the latter remembered the promise made between them. Phos, now evolved from Gemicide Phos to T-1Gooey Phos, has decided to try some good old percussion maintenance to Adamant's face
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    MHA

spoilers:

Did Bakugo get impaled, or are those things things gonna take his power?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't know. Likely the former, but the latter would be a dose of karmic irony for Bakugou, since he put so much stock in his Quirk and bullied Izuku for years for being Quirkless.
    end of spoilers
    - C.S. Lewis

Okay, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. You are hands-down *the* most confusing, compelling and, unfortunately, *addicting* anime I have ever played. spoilers:
    You got mecha, Men In Black, alien invaders, androids, talking cats, sliders, time-travelers, alternate dimensions, the goddamn butterfly effects, endless timeloops, and even FUCKIN' MAGICAL GIRLS! And if that's not crazy enough, you reveal that E.T., Terminator 1-2, War of the Worlds and STAR WARS are actual historic events that occurred in this game's continuity and were adapted into movies with the public being none the wiser. WHAT THE **** KIND OF GAME AM I EVEN PLAYING ANYMORE?! IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND BRILLIANT BUT MADDENINGLY! Oh, so very maddening...
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Fantastic Member

In the Grim Darkness of Overly Sarcastic Productions there are only Tropes:

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Red Storm

spoilers:
    If Thrint dies I will be very emotionally effected. It's earned, he's been a wonderfully entertaining and intriguing character but I really would like him to not die here.
    end of spoilers