Page 2444 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 144419442344239424342440244124422443244424452446244724482454 ... LastLast
Results 36,646 to 36,660 of 36943
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    People who say that are typically being contrarian for the sake of being an outlier in the face of general opinion, or they're under the preconceived notion that Superman is too "perfect" and "one-dimensional" to be genuinely relatable to people. Which, y'know, shouldn't mean you should be empathizing with a man who clearly operates on the polar opposite of the moral spectrum.
    There was a website I saw once that was supposed to be this "how to write superhero comics the right way!" website, and one of the first things they talk about in their opening page is how "Superman is boring because he's too powerful", and that told me all I needed to know about his advice. :B

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    People who say that are typically being contrarian for the sake of being an outlier in the face of general opinion, or they're under the preconceived notion that Superman is too "perfect" and "one-dimensional" to be genuinely relatable to people. Which, y'know, shouldn't mean you should be empathizing with a man who clearly operates on the polar opposite of the moral spectrum.
    or those who have been influenced by ZS's version of superman.

meanwhile, decided to take some time away from being on the net and play some "folklore: the affliction". very nice RPG board game. made up a party of 3: a priest i named john constantine, a viper maiden i named elektra, and a gentleman fighter i named escanor.

and escanor put in work. he literally beat the **** out of the boss with his bare hands.

This, One Jump man vs Shaggy ball Z, The Something about Series, Mashed is on fire.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

A demo for the new Saga video game is out now for PS5, Switch, and PC. Each platform has a different demo ( three different story lines for each)

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    A demo for the new Saga video game is out now for PS5, Switch, and PC. Each platform has a different demo ( three different story lines for each)

Huh. SaGa's always been an interesting series with how it's basically been an "open-world anthology RPG" after the original GameBoy trilogy, but admittedly, it's been hard for me to gel with most of them that I tried. I think of them all, SaGa Frontier is the only one I really got into, and even then, I ended up just cheat coding through the bulk of it. I've been waiting for SF II to finally get its remaster out, but this one looks kinda interesting. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Damn it, it's going to be Partly Cloudy during the Eclipse! I swear to gawd, if the Weather Goddess blocks me out of a viewing again, I am going to dump so much CO2 into the atmosphere! >:B

spoilers:
    from all the enraged screaming
    end of spoilers

New RPG idea

The mysterious Disappearance of Humanity

Genre: Fantasy

synopsis: Humans have mysterious disappeared and in their place are alien doppelgangers. Pets who are blessed with human like intelligence gifted to them by a wizard or magical familiars notice that all humans, include their owners have been replace with alien look alikes, and now their own a quest to find out who or what is behind this.

In this RPG you play as pets ( Being they normal animals blessed by a wizard or magical familiars and the whole scenario is finding out who made humanity disappeared and why.
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Oh God no.

So basically this scene in the book is where the protagonists are on the run from King Gundleus, who basically betrays Uther upon his death by killing his late son (Mordred, Arthur's Uther's bastard son that Uther disowned because Mordred was killed when both sons fought back the Saxons prior to the main story) widow while plotting to kill Mordred's baby son...Also called Mordred. The protagonists barely escaped with Mordred 2 but was helped by Owain, Uther's champion. But things are still dire until Arthur returns from exile with his army to get Gundleus to back off. It's pretty badass and a nice introduction to Arthur in the story.

So...Why does this video feel like a Hercules/Xena episode with none of the fun tongue in cheek that made those entertaining? This is dull as plain toast.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    New RPG idea

The mysterious Disappearance of Humanity

Genre: Fantasy

synopsis: Humans have mysterious disappeared and in their place are alien doppelgangers. Pets who are blessed with human like intelligence gifted to them by a wizard or magical familiars notice that all humans, include their owners have been replace with alien look alikes, and now their own a quest to find out who or what is behind this.

In this RPG you play as pets ( Being they normal animals blessed by a wizard or magical familiars and the whole scenario is finding out who made humanity disappeared and why.
    Haha, Tami and I did a similar game some years ago. Didn't involve aliens, but players played as talking animals with unlocked magical powers. Fun idea, but scheduling didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Damn it, it's going to be Partly Cloudy during the Eclipse! I swear to gawd, if the Weather Goddess blocks me out of a viewing again, I am going to dump so much CO2 into the atmosphere! >:B

spoilers:
    from all the enraged screaming
    end of spoilers
    Ha, I'm driving out on that day, so I'm hoping I have spots within range that aren't enclouded myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...Oh God no.

So basically this scene in the book is where the protagonists are on the run from King Gundleus, who basically betrays Uther upon his death by killing his late son (Mordred, Arthur's Uther's bastard son that Uther disowned because Mordred was killed when both sons fought back the Saxons prior to the main story) widow while plotting to kill Mordred's baby son...Also called Mordred. The protagonists barely escaped with Mordred 2 but was helped by Owain, Uther's champion. But things are still dire until Arthur returns from exile with his army to get Gundleus to back off. It's pretty badass and a nice introduction to Arthur in the story.

So...Why does this video feel like a Hercules/Xena episode with none of the fun tongue in cheek that made those entertaining? This is dull as plain toast.
    Ah, bad adaptations, a tale as old as time.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ha, I'm driving out on that day, so I'm hoping I have spots within range that aren't enclouded myself.
    I do have to drive a bit to reach it this year, but I'm already picked out a place and going with a group, so I'm committed. Hopefully where we're going won't be covered.

Next one that'll hit the states again is gunna be way up north in 2044. Otherwise, I don't have the money to go hoping around internationally to try and catch the next ones until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, bad adaptations, a tale as old as time.
    Ah yes, I hear that.

...I'm still flabbergasted Arthur pulls this big damn heroes moment to save...Ten people? Like what?

And I take it back. Even the most dullest of Heracles/Xena episodes ain't this dry of excitement. Like this is just boring. The worse kind of thing that can happen to an adaptation.

i'm in houston, so we gonna get a good view of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ah yes, I hear that.

...I'm still flabbergasted Arthur pulls this big damn heroes moment to save...Ten people? Like what?

And I take it back. Even the most dullest of Heracles/Xena episodes ain't this dry of excitement. Like this is just boring. The worse kind of thing that can happen to an adaptation.
    and you know the funny part of that is?

hercules does actually meet king arthur in the show. merlin sends him back into the past, because this version of arthur is ******* warlord, and meets herc. because merlin was once friends with hercules. hell, herc even gets to use Excalibur in the ep.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and you know the funny part of that is?

hercules does actually meet king arthur in the show. merlin sends him back into the past, because this version of arthur is ******* warlord, and meets herc. because merlin was once friends with hercules. hell, herc even gets to use Excalibur in the ep.
    And that's why again I apologize for even daring to compare those amazing tongue in cheek shows to The Winter King.

Heracles, Xena, Jack of All Trades, etc. Those were silly yet fun to watch.