Page 826 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 32672677681682282382482582682782882983083687692613261826 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 36875

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Soooooo, Netflix and Todd Mcfarlane are in talks about making two different animated cartoons for Spawn - one for adults, and the other aimed at the preteen demographic. I don't know how the hell you domesticate Spawn for children, but I'm interested.
    Maybe they’ll do it like the Spawn Adventure comics.

Soooooo, Netflix and Todd Mcfarlane are in talks about making two different animated cartoons for Spawn - one for adults, and the other aimed at the preteen demographic. I don't know how the hell you domesticate Spawn for children, but I'm interested.
    Hell-o Kitty.

Spawn-lite. Chibi-Spawn.

Much like how Cthuhlu was cutified

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I think Spawn as kids show could be epic.

Helletubbies
    In The Everlasting Night Garden
    Dora the Exorcist

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I shall suffer with you in a week or so.

Why am I going to this movie? I don't care that much for Harley Quinn and I know that they only have Cass in name.

I think I at least want to know what I'm complaining about rather than basing it on what other people have said.
    Hey, If Gail Simone says the movie is great except for not doing Cass right, that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hey, If Gail Simone says the movie is great except for not doing Cass right, that says a lot.
    You're right, no DC employee would ever have to toe the company line to endorse their studio's product.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    You're right, no DC employee would ever have to toe the company line to endorse their studio's product.
    In the case I would echo her assessment. It's a wonderful movie, they should have called Cassandra Cain anything else.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

general consensus from reviewers i trust is that while Margot is great as harley and the action is pretty good, everything else just falls apart.

feels like it would've been better if they just made a stand-alone harley quinn movie, instead of tacking on the birds of prey stuff.

new x-men: turns out destiny told mystique about krakoa and how charles and mags wouldn't bring her back. her advice? burn it all down. so now shaw and raven are making plays.

new thor: thor vs. beta ray bill. this one was hard to watch. and now sif has joined the fight and sided with bill.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I saw it with my housemate this evening.

It's... eh fine? Cassandra Cain in the film should flatly be called something else. Both of us came away with no real strong feelings about it.

There are some good bits but it tries to be a little to clever without actually really getting into any of the actual clever an interesting stuff one could do with these characters.

Like a 5/10. Distinctly average overall. Ewan McGregor is a lot of fun in it and some of the art direction is real good. It feels more comicbook-y than other superhero films but it lacks the final steps to really commit.

Podcast on it will be out next week because our Valentines Day episode on The Lake House drops tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It's... eh fine? Cassandra Cain in the film should flatly be called something else. Both of us came away with no real strong feelings about it.

There are some good bits but it tries to be a little to clever without actually really getting into any of the actual clever an interesting stuff one could do with these characters.

Like a 5/10. Distinctly average overall. Ewan McGregor is a lot of fun in it and some of the art direction is real good. It feels more comicbook-y than other superhero films but it lacks the final steps to really commit.

Podcast on it will be out next week because our Valentines Day episode on The Lake House drops tomorrow.
    sounds about right. slightly above average.

I'm reminded one of the later issues of Spawn (sometime during the arc where he had regained his un-barbecued looks) that started with a Silver-Age parody of Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sounds about right. slightly above average.
    Must've been watching a different movie than y'all. Or I was more sober.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Must've been watching a different movie than y'all. Or I was more sober.
    i haven't seen it. just going by what some reviewers have been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i haven't seen it. just going by what some reviewers have been saying.
    They're lying to you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan