Page 2456 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 145619562356240624462452245324542455245624572458245924602466 ... LastLast
Results 36,826 to 36,840 of 37007

Abigail is a bloody good time!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Clearly ZS should never be let loose near a film crew.

And yet people still think that Whedon ruined ZS’ Justice League.

Whedon may be a toxic piece of crap (from some of the stories we hear) but I’ve never seen a damn thing Snyder made that was even remotely watchable.
    typically, the only ones that were watchable, at least to me, are movies that based on graphic novels, like "300" and "watchmen".

its when he tried to be creative on his own that shows that he is not good at storytelling, worldbuilding or character work. looking at you, "suckerpunch".

my thinking is that the reason for the failure of his DC movies is he just doesn't get these characters and he based ideas on works that were mainly deconstructions of heroes (watchmen) or elseworlds tales that don't match the mainstream versions (TDKR).

Extraordinary Member

The manga Centuria has been really good so far.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    typically, the only ones that were watchable, at least to me, are movies that based on graphic novels, like "300" and "watchmen".

its when he tried to be creative on his own that shows that he is not good at storytelling, worldbuilding or character work. looking at you, "suckerpunch".

my thinking is that the reason for the failure of his DC movies is he just doesn't get these characters and he based ideas on works that were mainly deconstructions of heroes (watchmen) or elseworlds tales that don't match the mainstream versions (TDKR).
    Admittedly it kind of sucks that while I thought 300 and Watchman are fine, it's honestly a one done thing for me.

Hell, 300 lives on cause of memes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Admittedly it kind of sucks that while I thought 300 and Watchman are fine, it's honestly a one done thing for me.

Hell, 300 lives on cause of memes for me.
    true. it helped that ZS was using the actual graphic novel as story boards. so all he needed to do was followed the books.

remember that ZS said that superman being just a good guy was stupid and not realistic.

Heroes is coming back for round 3: https://screenrant.com/heroes-sequel...eborn-seasons/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

true. it helped that ZS was using the actual graphic novel as story boards. so all he needed to do was followed the books.

remember that ZS said that superman being just a good guy was stupid and not realistic.
    Right...That is a rather scary thought.

I really hope the whole Rebel Moon thing and how it's really not getting any better will convince his fans (...His hardcore ones for sure) that yeah...Snyder is just not great.

Like people can like things...But can also admit the flaws as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Right...That is a rather scary thought.

I really hope the whole Rebel Moon thing and how it's really not getting any better will convince his fans (...His hardcore ones for sure) that yeah...Snyder is just not great.

Like people can like things...But can also admit the flaws as well.
    i doubt it, sadly. his hardcore fans are............disturbingly loyal. like they are still promoting #restorethesnyderverse and wanting gunn to be fired. to say the least of the things they said they wanted to do to him.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rebel Moon Part 1 infuriated me with it's story telling ineptness, Part 2 is better than that in that it generously bestows upon me about 15 minutes of halfway alright action that you might see in like, 2000s videogame cutscenes and of which I won't remember in an hour or so. It also avoids being bad at storytelling by just following the most generic form of the Village Defense movie you could think of. It still doesn't wholly avoid that, somehow a major character dies and is given less fanfare or remembrance than like, a generic side character., and there's a big scene that's supposed to be climactic but isn't set up at all and actively brought my enjoyment of the movie down from "okay generic action movie stuff" to "oh c'mon this **** again?"

Maybe if Snyder improves at this rate in two more movies of this series he will put out an okay film
    Last edited by Postmania; 04-21-2024 at 10:40 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Yuji is doing good for now, and Ino actually helped. And I do find it funny how casual the reveal about Sukuna's twin's soul being Yuji's ancestor/father is. But I'm still concerned that Sukuna will get another second wind and really go to town.
    end of spoilers

One Piece: spoilers:
    The power of the elders is turning things around. But at least in Vegapunk's case I bet he left a dupe snail in place to trick them. We're getting that big reveal whether they like it or not.
    end of spoilers

RuriDragon: Ruri gets called out on being a little ****. Though it's mainly because she's a lazy teenager. So her shittyness isn't even that bad. She's just growing and can handle being called out like that.

See? He’s done so much stank that I legit forgot he made Watchmen.

So when somebody literally predefined every story beat for him, and all he had to do is remove a giant squid then just follow Alan Moore’s dance moves, he did good.

That kind of implies he’s not good.

He’s genuinely terrible.

Also, even his name annoys me. He sounds like he should be from an 80s hair band.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Luffy: I'm gonna make this man relive some trauma!

Astonishing Member

I think Dawn of the Dead and 300 aged well for their respective genres.

Thinking about it again it's pretty funny to me that in RM Part 2 one of the main characters just gets completely wasted and killed off in a side scene. One of the characters that should be the "coolest" gets to do the least in about one scene of action where she just ineffectually fends off some mooks and ultimately accomplish less than nameless grunts who pop up out of hiding to shoot a rocket launcher at an enemy ship and then get killed. Amazing

It's not even to set up stakes because this is not a movie with a lot of people dropping
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie