Gwennie's is ... maybe a 6/10? It's just popular because it's old and has a lot of tourist-trappey stuff. Coffee is terrible. Watery and burnt.

Simon & Seafort's is overpriced, and barely above average. A Better/slightly cheaper alternative would be a place like the The Bridge for Seafood, which is seasonal and sits above a popular fishing river; for breakfast it depends my favorite spot was permanently shuttered by COVID, and my second/third choices are 45min to 1.5 hours away but the local cafes are generally a 6-8/10. Most places up here however, have really decent seafood dishes because it's easy to get ahold of/cheap. No need to pay $25-50 a plate for overpriced fish (looking at you Simon and Seafort's!) when you can get a really good blackened salmon bowl at Bear's Tooth Grill for $18.

Best Reindeer Sausage you'll have is probably from a hotdog guy downdown though. $7's for a Reindeer Sausage-dog with sauteed onions and you're golden.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Managed okay using Lonely Planet in Tokyo and Kyoto - they tend to have better choices for vegan eating, though not so much in the Canadian Lonely Planet books, go figure (the Canadian book for the East Coast is mostly written by someone who basically ignores vegan restaurants). Also 'Top Ten Tokyo' had some pages on 'Top ten places to eat for vegetarians' and the like. Happy Cow (Iphone App) also had some suggestions (catalogues vegan and vegetarian restaurants all over the world, complete with maps and GPS link).

Also ran into a lot of solid Indian restaurants, which helped. Never have a problem with vegan options in Indian places (yet!), and the ones in Japan were excellent.

Then, in Kyoto, went to a vegan curry soup place in Gion (so spicy and salty, loved it even if it almost killed my gut) and discovered they were part of a group of restaurants in the city that had gotten together to make up a little vegan organization, complete with leaflet and map. That came in handy, especially since going to those restaurants invariably led us to some interesting areas of the city we hadn't planned on exploring. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-13-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Welcome back, Castlevania!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So Texas has 4 of the worst ten BBQs in the States and none of the best ten? Damn. Austin and Dallas presumably get to brag about being mediocre.

And Florida is like a Bad-BBQ-o-meter gauge. At the bottom of the scale you have Miami with great BBQ, at the top you have Jacksonville with terrible BBQ, and Orlando somewhere in between.
    As someone who moved from Mississippi to Texas, I'd say the latter's issue is that they focus only on brisket. Now, brisket's good and fine, but it's not the end-all-be-all of BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Welcome back, Castlevania!
    Ah, dammit. There goes my evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, dammit. There goes my evening.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

CW Batwoman.

Ryan is an ungrateful b-ch.

spoilers:

Okay.

So.

Let me paint you a picture.

So. Sophie. Crow Cop or whatever the hell they are.

Risks her career and prison time to hack into criminal records to remove Ryan's criminal record to save her because the Crow's have her blood on file and are going to use a blood spray they gathered to identify her as Batwoman. Sophie literally saves not just Ryan's ungrateful ass but everyone else on Team Batwoman.

Sophie's thanks?

Ryan flat out calls her a white supremacist with compromised values the very next episode.

I'm sorry for the language but.

Fk.

This.

Character.
    end of spoilers

Done.

Just flat out done with the CW Zeroes.

Their characters are completely unlikeable.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    CW Batwoman.

Ryan is an ungrateful b-ch.

spoilers:

Okay.

So.

Let me paint you a picture.

So. Sophie. Crow Cop or whatever the hell they are.

Risks her career and prison time to hack into criminal records to remove Ryan's criminal record to save her because the Crow's have her blood on file and are going to use a blood spray they gathered to identify her as Batwoman. Sophie literally saves not just Ryan's ungrateful ass but everyone else on Team Batwoman.

Sophie's thanks?

Ryan flat out calls her a white supremacist with compromised values the very next episode.

I'm sorry for the language but.

Fk.

This.

Character.
    end of spoilers

Done.

Just flat out done with the CW Zeroes.

Their characters are completely unlikeable.
    CW knocks another one out the park. And people ask me why I'm so cynical about Lois & Clark's current success heading off a steep cliff in the near future.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    CW knocks another one out the park. And people ask me why I'm so cynical about Lois & Clark's current success heading off a steep cliff in the near future.
    It's only a matter of time.

Even Smallville wasn't gold all the time.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I hope it gets more people playing the old multiplayer again (yes, I'm purchasing Legendary despite the lack of multiplayer). I keep seeing the same faces, and too many of them are too busy grubbing for points to actually do teamwork/objectives. Annoying; that costs everyone credits.

...you on Xbox or PS?
    I'm still only PC

Think the thing I anticipate most is playing ME1 again with upgraded graphics (and maybe some Mako upgrades). I havent played it in a long time
    Last edited by Postmania; 05-13-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Okay, I greatly enjoyed this.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

One of the Best Restaurants in Kingsport TN is Purple cow, it was great back in the day. I consider it one of Kingsport's attractions. Since Kingsport TN is the only place where this restaurant can be found.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I marathoned Castlevania Season 4 today and I thought it was okay.

Probably something in the way in which Warren Ellis writes that disagrees with me. That's sort of been baked into the way the series has been so far, with dialogue that's not nearly quite as clever as it thinks it is and OCs created to be author pets, but other than these padded stretches, there are some nice character moments. Trevor and Sypha are always quality, but Alucard gets to interact with some humans that are significantly less a waste of time than in the previous season.

Some other impressions:

spoilers:
    - Carmilla's plot is by far the weakest, and as a character I found her particularly shallow since Season 2. The way her sisters talk about her isn't exactly convincing for the way she's booked, so to speak
    - The problem is this interects with Isaac and Hector. I was satisfied with how Isaac wrapped things up, but was a bit nonplussed at Hector's scheming. It was a little too convenient that he just so happened to find someone who had a scrying mirror to conspire with the outside world. With the wat season 3 ended for him, I was disappointed at how he just cut off the ring, specifically with Lenore in the room never enacting the binding enchantment.
    - Speaking of which, I will never feel sorry for Lenore. Just because she is cute and well spoken does not mean she is any less reprehensible. There are some weird moments where it seems they're trying to walk back the relationship she groomed Hector into and that was very dissonant.
    - The other two sisters are a bit more nuanced. Striga in particular, actually got to do something yet for all her power realizing this plot was ineffectual was a nice touch.
    - Sypha stepping up and desperately refusing to cave to Trevor's nihilistic influence was a bright spot in that wing of the plot. The push and pull between these two is always the highlight of this show for me.
    - I liked how Trevor spent a lot of time collecting subweapons. That was a nice nod to the games.
    - Greta of Dinesti is probably as close to the fourth playable character, Grant Danasty, as we're going to get. She has a nice rapport with Alucard, but my guy the wall-climbing pirate, you are missed.
    - You thought Dracula was coming back, didn't you? You're kind of right, but not really.
    - Death never dropping the persona of his petty alter-ego is kind of funny, but also was rather strange when an elemental spirit speaking in a bad English accent kept yelling at everyone about how fucking hungry her was.
    end of spoilers

Anyways, it was an alright conclusion, and the action's always phenomenally animated. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but hey if you've gotten 3 seasons in it finishes, mostly, with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    One of the Best Restaurants in Kingsport TN is Purple cow, it was great back in the day. I consider it one of Kingsport's attractions. Since Kingsport TN is the only place where this restaurant can be found.
    I’m just amazed that there’s anywhere in Tennessee with a name ending in ‘_port’.

It seems kind of counterintuitive for a landlocked state.