Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    CW Batwoman.

Ryan is an ungrateful b-ch.

spoilers:

Okay.

So.

Let me paint you a picture.

So. Sophie. Crow Cop or whatever the hell they are.

Risks her career and prison time to hack into criminal records to remove Ryan's criminal record to save her because the Crow's have her blood on file and are going to use a blood spray they gathered to identify her as Batwoman. Sophie literally saves not just Ryan's ungrateful ass but everyone else on Team Batwoman.

Sophie's thanks?

Ryan flat out calls her a white supremacist with compromised values the very next episode.

I'm sorry for the language but.

Fk.

This.

Character.
    end of spoilers

Done.

Just flat out done with the CW Zeroes.

Their characters are completely unlikeable.
    spoilers:
    Had to look up Sophie Moore's actress to make sure, but Ryan called another black woman/POC a white supremacist. The CW's Arrowverse is so goddamn woke they think even the white supremacists have to include POCs.

Of course, this is a series where a lesbian stops a doctor (white male, natch) to browbeat and berate him for not ignoring a Coding patient to look at her girlfriend. Who, I need to stress, is NOT in immediate need of emergency care, unlike the person who is currently suffering cardiac arrest he was rushing to help. And the woman is supposed to be seen as in the right. So I can't say I'm surprised.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    spoilers:
    Had to look up Sophie Moore's actress to make sure, but Ryan called another black woman/POC a white supremacist. The CW's Arrowverse is so goddamn woke they think even the white supremacists have to include POCs.

Of course, this is a series where a lesbian stops a doctor (white male, natch) to browbeat and berate him for not ignoring a Coding patient to look at her girlfriend. Who, I need to stress, is NOT in immediate need of emergency care, unlike the person who is currently suffering cardiac arrest he was rushing to help. And the woman is supposed to be seen as in the right. So I can't say I'm surprised.
    end of spoilers
    The scene in question with timestamp: https://youtu.be/0snjQudJ6C8?t=36

Drinking Game does not excuse that this is an a-holish thing to do.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I'm still only PC

Think the thing I anticipate most is playing ME1 again with upgraded graphics (and maybe some Mako upgrades). I havent played it in a long time
    Colour me curious about the ‘small adjustments’ to ME1 as well....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m just amazed that there’s anywhere in Tennessee with a name ending in ‘_port’.

It seems kind of counterintuitive for a landlocked state.
    probably cause of the Holston River which runs right through the middle of it, major river that touches a large amount of the state

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...out of curiosity, what would happen to such a person?

Edit: *looks at the maps* Not like the difference is huge between 'best' and 'worst' on the maps. Like...3.9 versus 4.2.
    the undertaker and the ghost of sam houston would beat the crap of them behind a whataburger.

Extraordinary Member

Huh, apparently Steve Irwin took up MMA after injuries made him retire from Surfing

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

CW Batwoman.

spoilers:

Okay.

So.

Let me paint you a picture.

Risks her career and prison time to hack into criminal records to remove Ryan's criminal record to save her because the Crow's have her blood on file and are going to use a blood spray they gathered to identify her as Batwoman. Sophie literally saves not just Ryan's ungrateful ass but everyone else on Team Batwoman.

Sophie's thanks?

Ryan flat out calls her a white supremacist with compromised values the very next episode.

I'm sorry for the language but.

Fk.

This.

Character.
    end of spoilers

Done.

before this season, i didn't think ryan could ever be as bad as kate was.

they proved me wrong.

the only people i like on that show is the dad and luc, mainly because they are the only ones who make any kind of sense. and when they try to do the right and logical thing, they get humiliated and browbeaten. honestly if it was for jlongbone's reaction views being utter hilarity, i wouldn't touch this show with a ten foot poll.

So Texas has 4 of the worst ten BBQs in the States and none of the best ten? Damn. Austin and Dallas presumably get to brag about being mediocre.

And Florida is like a Bad-BBQ-o-meter gauge. At the bottom of the scale you have Miami with great BBQ, at the top you have Jacksonville with terrible BBQ, and Orlando somewhere in between.
    Yeah Orlando has okay BBQ but I’d rather make it myself.

I’m just amazed that there’s anywhere in Tennessee with a name ending in ‘_port’.

It seems kind of counterintuitive for a landlocked state.
    Well according to the City's history Kingsport was developed after the Revolutionary War, at the confluence of the North and South Forks of the Holston River in 1771 as a settlement and charted in 1822. The name comes from a simplification of the name Kings Port, an old name given to the area along the Holston River by pioneers.

The name Kingsport for the city was accepted in the late 18th century, and upon looking at the city's history, it did start out as a port town where goods were shipped from.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-13-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Onyx equinox is a good show
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

CW Batwoman.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Done.

I don't understand, they don't claim "right leg hospital, left leg cemetery"

Seriously though, once again I am glad I dropped the CW-verse once Arrow ended (well, almost, "Superman and Lois" is pretty good for now, I think I will watch until quality drops down).

Oh, and thank you grampagen for reminding me that Castlevania is out.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Onyx equinox is a good show
    Hey Froggy, nice to see you dropping in!

Watching a trailer, this had largely passed me by. Setting is comparatively unique (you don't get much Aztec/Incan(?) stuff that often), art style looks nice, soundtrack seems banging, I'll check it out.

Also, at some point I should redo your icon. That art is mad old and not optimised for CBR icon dimensions.

Hit me up on PM if you like!
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-14-2021 at 01:52 AM.

I think I could make it up to large dog and then i stop there.

Lol at people saying they could take an elephant.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I like how there's a sharp decline from medium sized dog to eagle.

Now that said, you can probably take a Bald Eagle, but it's gonna mess you the hell up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I love how twenty-three percent of men feel they’re Batman, fast enough to ‘win’ against a King Cobra.

Like, you’ll kill the darned thing, stupid, but the fight is gonna be a tie because you’re dying in agony max a half-hour later. You’re not a mongoose, chances are it’ll bite you. And a chunk of the time, that bite carries enough venom to kill.

Cripes, but men can be dense.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-14-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate