Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Awesome! Any other thoughts on it?
    Haven't been to a concert for a while so it was dope to get out there again. CRJ is of course fantastic in performing

One thing I noticed was that pop music definitely allows for a lot more songs to be played than metal shows which is what I'm mostly familiar with. It was only about two hours but I felt like so many songs got played, although despite that there were definitely a few I wanted to hear that didn't. I did notice my enthusiasm flagging some way through, partly because I'm not used to listening to a single artist for so long anymore and because standing for hours is no longer something I can do much of lol, so I thought I was Carlyed out after I left for the time being.

But funny thing was when I was looking over the videos I took I realized that I wished I'd taken a little longer footage, and also that I really wanted to go se her again. So, whenever that happens again, hopefully sooner rather than later, I'm there

https://youtube.com/shorts/Dwdx6nxodvA?feature=shareb
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Haven't been to a concert for a while so it was dope to get out there again. CRJ is of course fantastic in performing

One thing I noticed was that pop music definitely allows for a lot more songs to be played than metal shows which is what I'm mostly familiar with. It was only about two hours but I felt like so many songs got played, although despite that there were definitely a few I wanted to hear that didn't. I did notice my enthusiasm flagging some way through, partly because I'm not used to listening to a single artist for so long anymore and because standing for hours is no longer something I can do much of lol, so I thought I was Carlyed out after I left for the time being.

But funny thing was when I was looking over the videos I took I realized that I wished I'd taken a little longer footage, and also that I really wanted to go se her again. So, whenever that happens again, hopefully sooner rather than later, I'm there

https://youtube.com/shorts/Dwdx6nxodvA?feature=shareb
    Very cool. I haven't been to a concert myself in....oh, thirty years? Twenty-five? Something like that.

Interesting about the more-songs-played. Seems like it had a solid impression on you as well! ^_^ Hopefully she'll go on tour another time soon and you can catch her again.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Re-reading 'The Villainess is a Marionette'.

Crazy coloring and patterns (yeah, mostly computer work, but it's still amazing), interesting take on the usual main character of these sorts of stories ('I know this story, I'm the villainess, but I'm going to go through the story differently this time!'), some pretty dark stuff, some very different characters...in general, good on a re-read as well.
    The art in this flipping manhwa...

0047-029.jpg

0075-005.jpg
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

kingdom: a nice little mini-arc with spywork and political intrigue.

Extraordinary Member

Hajime no Ippo: That was a nice little look at Mashiba's past and how far he's come. Now he just needs to ask Miyata to be his sparring partner and give us all that awkwardness.

Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest: Fun chapter with lots of neat little jokes and good set up for the showdown portion of this arc. I'm really looking forward to spoilers:
    Jellal vs. God Serena
    end of spoilers

For Knights of the Apocalypse: Aww, the titular heroes are already quite fond of each other. And we find out the source of Percival's powers (though more details are to come).

Extraordinary Member

John Wick spin-off is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hajime no Ippo: That was a nice little look at Mashiba's past and how far he's come. Now he just needs to ask Miyata to be his sparring partner and give us all that awkwardness.
    Interesting, you think it's going to be Miyata?

I figure this may lead into him calling on Ippo, who through his over-eager diligence to learn Southpaw becomes a switch-hitter.

Might be projecting a bit though and seeing Mashiba's upcoming fight as a rewrite of Hagler vs Hearns.

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-09-2023 at 03:21 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Tis Marvel's First Commandment: Spider-Man Must Suffer More.
    Marvel's Second Commandment: Daredevil Must Suffer Even More.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Interesting, you think it's going to be Miyata?

I figure this may lead into him calling on Ippo, who through his over-eager diligence to learn Southpaw becomes a switch-hitter.

Might be projecting a bit though and seeing Mashiba's upcoming fight as a rewrite of Hagler vs Hearns.
    I misremembered which characters are in-fighters and which are out-fighters. That combined with Mashiba's little dream had me thinking that a meeting between the two could be fun.

But yeah, the description fits Ippo much better.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    Marvel's Second Commandment: Daredevil Must Suffer Even More.
    matt's actually doing ok. he's married to elektra now. which is more than i can say for poor peter.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    matt's actually doing ok. he's married to elektra now. which is more than i can say for poor peter.
    ...Good God, even freakin' Matt "MUST SUFFER" Murdock gets a reprieve by allowing him to marry, yet the alleged golden child of Marvel can't even have a steady girlfriend? Un-freaking-believable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    ...Good God, even freakin' Matt "MUST SUFFER" Murdock gets a reprieve by allowing him to marry, yet the alleged golden child of Marvel can't even have a steady girlfriend? Un-freaking-believable.
    That's because Marvel's first command has changed to: "Peter Parker must be kind of a loser who we wish was still a teenager because most of us grew up with teenage to college age Spider-man, and while we acknowledge that he's been an adult man for ages now we don't really like it."

...just undo One More Day, re-marry Peter and MJ, have Ben Reilly not be an asshole so he can be your single Spider-man, have Miles as your teenage Spider-man, and keep Kaine as the edgey anti-hero Scarlet Spider. The pieces are all there for something great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's because Marvel's first command has changed to: "Peter Parker must be kind of a loser who we wish was still a teenager because most of us grew up with teenage to college age Spider-man, and while we acknowledge that he's been an adult man for ages now we don't really like it."

...just undo One More Day, re-marry Peter and MJ, have Ben Reilly not be an asshole so he can be your single Spider-man, have Miles as your teenage Spider-man, and keep Kaine as the edgey anti-hero Scarlet Spider. The pieces are all there for something great.
    joe quesada didn't like it. and that trickled down to the other editors.

even stan, as antiquated as some of his ideas were, knew that peter had to grow up and be a proper spiderman.