Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

So Dave Chappelle got assaulted on stage last night. Thank goodness Dave wasn't hurt(guy was armed apparently), can't say the same about the other guy who got severe beating and a badly broken arm out of it. Ironically Chris Rock was there and came on stage and actually asked if that was Will Smith

still its starting to look like a scary prospect for comedians

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Saw in the preview spoilers:
    that Geets will jump straight into Blue. Which is fine. It gets tedious going through all the colors all the time.
    end of spoilers

I'm ok with whoever wins this one.

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So Dave Chappelle got assaulted on stage last night. Thank goodness Dave wasn't hurt(guy was armed apparently), can't say the same about the other guy who got severe beating and a badly broken arm out of it. Ironically Chris Rock was there and came on stage and actually asked if that was Will Smith

still its starting to look like a scary prospect for comedians

Chappelle really handled it like a champ all things considered, even adlibbing a few jokes at the guy's expense on the way out.

That said I'm likewise hoping events like these don't set a precedent. If assaulting comedians - or anyone, for that matter - in a manner like this is some attempt to shift public discourse, it most assuredly won't counter or silence them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Interesting artstyle.

Less sure what to make of using the beats of Kyle's origin story to put over John - possibly to protect Hal's virtue - while also setting up intersections with the Thanagarians with Hawkgirl and Vixen on the roster to echo the DCAU version of the character.

Serviceable enough frame for whatever story they're trying to tell I guess, but I suppose I'm struggling to see what's uniquely part of a rookie John's story rather than an amalgamation. Might be fine for what it is, who knows.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Beadle, your private messages are full up....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ah, my default state.

I’ll try and clear some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Tis done. I’m now at a mere 96/100.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Chappelle really handled it like a champ all things considered, even adlibbing a few jokes at the guy's expense on the way out.

That said I'm likewise hoping events like these don't set a precedent. If assaulting comedians - or anyone, for that matter - in a manner like this is some attempt to shift public discourse, it most assuredly won't counter or silence them.
    Considering the assailant is apparently a MAGA rapper I assume this is really just a continuance of their brand of public discourse tbh
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Interesting artstyle.

Less sure what to make of using the beats of Kyle's origin story to put over John - possibly to protect Hal's virtue - while also setting up intersections with the Thanagarians with Hawkgirl and Vixen on the roster to echo the DCAU version of the character.

Serviceable enough frame for whatever story they're trying to tell I guess, but I suppose I'm struggling to see what's uniquely part of a rookie John's story rather than an amalgamation. Might be fine for what it is, who knows.
    It's the artstyle for the new movie series they have going