HALO TV Show

spoilers:

Master Chief has sex with some woman while Cortana watches.
    end of spoilers

That is a thing that happens in this series.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    HALO TV Show

spoilers:

Master Chief has sex with some woman while Cortana watches.
    end of spoilers

That is a thing that happens in this series.
    *blinks*

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

god can't remember ever feeling exhausted after seeing a movie but the new Top Gun did it, think it might have the best actual flight footage of any movie ever

Extraordinary Member

Just caught up with The Owl House and holy shieeeeet! This show is so freaking good and so much fun!

The characters, lore, humor, animation and world building is all great. I really love it. ...and of course Disney declared that season 2 would be the final season. Because somebody high up at Disney is an idiot.

Even the show knows it!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Season 2 isn't the end.

Finale is next week and then we get, I believe, three special episodes to finish it as an abridged micro season 3.

Personally, I want to like Owl House more than I do. Season 1 was incredibly strong, the art direction of everything is great, Dana Terrace's "body horror but for kids," is absolutely fantastic, the animation is slick and the core cast were engaging and appeared to have a lot of depth.

And, hey! A canonical queer relationship for the principle character with an honest to good on-screen kiss. That's huge in terms of representation.

Season 2... well, you can really feel that they've had to rework a lot of stuff into a shorter story and the charitable reading would be to say that's why it's been a bit of a rough watch.

Personally, I think some of it is just that the larger plot is a bit all over the place and not very well implemented, the coven system really springs to mind. I also really do not like how they've handled Luz and Amity's relationship this season.

It's never been bad, it's usually consistently pretty good, but I'm inclined to give it a harder time because the first season was so impressive. I have the same issue with Sex Education on Netflix; because the show is (at its best) of a high quality, I'm very hard on it about the stuff that doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-27-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Season 2 isn't the end.

Finale is next week and then we get, I believe, three special episodes to finish it as an abridged micro season 3.

Personally, I want to like Owl House more than I do. Season 1 was incredibly strong, the art direction of everything is great, Dana Terrace's "body horror but for kids," is absolutely fantastic, the animation is slick and the core cast were engaging and appeared to have a lot of depth.

And, hey! A canonical queer relationship for the principle character with an honest to good on-screen kiss. That's huge in terms of representation.

Season 2... well, you can really feel that they've had to rework a lot of stuff into a shorter story and the charitable reading would be to say that's why it's been a bit of a rough watch.

Personally, I think some of it is just that the larger plot is a bit all over the place and not very well implemented, the coven system really springs to mind. I also really do not like how they've handled Luz and Amity's relationship this season.

It's never been bad, it's suitably consistently pretty good, but I'm inclined to give it a harder time because the first season was so impressive. I have the same issue with Sex Education on Netflix; because the show is (at its best) of a high quality, I'm very hard on it about the stuff that doesn't work for me.
    What are your issues with how they've handled Luz and Amity in Season 2?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What are your issues with how they've handled Luz and Amity in Season 2?
    The relationship is pretty toothless and Amity has basically become an entirely different (and considerably less engaging) character from how she was in season one.

It's a bit too wish fulfilment feeling for me, Amity has face turned so aggressively and there's no real tension or stakes to it so I find it broadly uninteresting.

With more space to breathe (eg: if they hadn't been cancelled) it might have felt more natural to get to this point but that's a version of the show that doesn't actually exist.

well hey wasn't expecting this

Accurate.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.