Page 693 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 19359364368368969069169269369469569669770374379311931693 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 36575
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

*gasp*

I really need to get caught up on that...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    *gasp*

I really need to get caught up on that...
    How far back are you?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Viva las Pegasus. So just 2 and a quarter seasons to go.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Viva las Pegasus. So just 2 and a quarter seasons to go.
    It's worht the effort, in my opinion.

I'm feeling so many feelings right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Today marks the end of an era. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is airing it's series finale as I type
    Oh, that's kinda sad.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Oh, that's kinda sad.
    Well, there's still the Equestria Girls TV series.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    jim is a wrestling historian, which is both a positive and a negative about him. he understands what makes wrestling popular in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, but he can't get out of that mindset, thus is so set in his ways that he doesn't understand why fans like what they like. like how he didn't understand why kevin owens (steen) was popular and believe he would never be a draw.

ironic since him and russo hate each other for the same reasons.
    I wouldn't call Jim a wrestling historian... He understands one specific region of wrestling, but not much else. His comments on the history of New York style wrestling and Japan make it clear he doesn't understand why they were popular, he just sees it through the lens of the region he does know

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Today marks the end of an era. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is airing it's series finale as I type
    I have to say, I love the reverence in this post, which I can sense because you used the entire title to honor it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I wouldn't call Jim a wrestling historian... He understands one specific region of wrestling, but not much else. His comments on the history of New York style wrestling and Japan make it clear he doesn't understand why they were popular, he just sees it through the lens of the region he does know
    but he does know a lot about wrestling from the past and coupled with his massive collection of wrestling memorabilia, one could call him a historian.

still don't like them.

why do i think cetrion and the t-800 would make a good couple?

but he does know a lot about wrestling from the past and coupled with his massive collection of wrestling memorabilia, one could call him a historian.

still don't like them.
    Just saying. He really doesn't get the new York style of wrestling and seems to think its more recent than it really is. Toots Mondt developed that style, a guy who was promoting when Cornette wasn't born yet. Toots Mondt created the basic foundation of wrestling as we know it, he instituted time limits and the concept of a double countout, and did it not to create a sports atmosphere but for entertainment reasons. Mondt, the father of modern American wrestling, was all about entertainment rather than legitimate sport. Also worth Noting that Mondt was one of the co founders of WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Just saying. He really doesn't get the new York style of wrestling and seems to think its more recent than it really is. Toots Mondt developed that style, a guy who was promoting when Cornette wasn't born yet. Toots Mondt created the basic foundation of wrestling as we know it, he instituted time limits and the concept of a double countout, and did it not to create a sports atmosphere but for entertainment reasons. Mondt, the father of modern American wrestling, was all about entertainment rather than legitimate sport. Also worth Noting that Mondt was one of the co founders of WWE
    i know. just saying he could be a called A wrestling historian, not THE wrestling historian.

i know. just saying he could be a called A wrestling historian, not THE wrestling historian.
    Fair enough.

Regarding Cornette, Pat Patterson once said that that each wrestling promotion needs to be treated like a different country and you cant expect what works in one promotion to work in another.

Cornette bases his entire ideas of what will work in wrestling off of what goes over in Louisville Kentucky. he's said so himself. Certain OVW wrestlers got over there, but that didn't translate to other areas and cornette blamed that all on WWE. He even felt Cena's OVW gimmick should have been used and hated most of his wwe run. He refused to watch the rapper gimmick because he was convinced wwe was pissing away talent.

This was unrelated, I just needed to rant about this

ETA

Cornette also has stated that his thinks cruiserweight divisions are a waste of time and wont draw because they are too small... This isn't something he said years ago either. He said that this week.

He also has a tendency to try and take credit for stuff he had nothing to do with
    Last edited by Gryphon; 10-12-2019 at 09:33 PM.