Page 185 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 851351751811821831841851861871881891952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 36877
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hajime no Ippo 1243 has perhaps one of the best page-turn-to-dramatic-splash-page transitions in the series.

Holy ****, that was impactful.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hajime no Ippo 1243 has perhaps one of the best page-turn-to-dramatic-splash-page transitions in the series.

Holy ****, that was impactful.
    impactful is the right word.

holy dog biscuits! i tasted that slap!

Extraordinary Member

I really didn't like the opening scene to Jojo this week

Fantastic Member

Introduction to A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun for the uninitiated:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Okay. RWBY. Lots to unpack here.

spoilers:

The Gods of light and darkness are dicks, Salem and Ozpin are more ancient than we ever thought, the current humanity of the world is sort of a humanity 2.0 after the God of Darkness wiped out the previous humanity (And even that didn't kill Salem), it was The God of Light that stuck Ozpin in his cycle of rebirth and told him about the four relics, which will be able to summon him and the Dark God to judge humanity. If they've learned to abandon their differences, then the Gods will remain to guide humanity forward. If not, then all life on Remnant will get destroyed. Salem got her grimm appearance after trying to kill herself by diving into a pit of darkness. This didn't work and she mutated. Ozpin sought out Salem in his reincarnated life, found her and they fell back in love, started up a kingdom and even had a family together. We actually see her capable of being a loving and caring mother even after she became infected with the Grimm's essence. And Ozzie? He was well on his way to uniting all of humanity and fulfilling his promise to the Gods by being worshiped alongside his true love and would've succeeded had he chosen to try and better convince Salem to join him. But after a disagreement between Ozpin and Salem regarding his mission from God of Light, along with Ozpin trying to sneak away with her daughters, there's a breakdown and an epic battle that destroys the castle, likely killing their daughters to. In the end, Oz is left crawling away heavily wounded and Salem is disintegrated....and then she comes right back together and kills him, starting him down the road to where he is now and his eternal war with Salem. Oh and to top it all off one of his other lives met the genie and asked her how to kill Salem but apparently even she doesn't know.

Oh and we also see how the moon got f-ed up: The God Of Darkness flew through it in ancient times, causing chunks of it to rain down on the planet. That didn't kill Salem either.
    end of spoilers

In short, the heroes are kinda screwed and Raven wasn't lying when she said Salem couldn't be beaten.
    Just saw it.

Damn that was a good lore dump. It fleshed out the mythos of the world in a tangible way and gave a good sense for just how grand the main conflict actually is. It's an epic tragedy caused by the flaws and cruelty of humans, gods and those that are basically of both realms. Roosterteeth did a fantastic job with this crucial bit of the narrative.

It's nice to know that Salem can really throw down when required, and that due to her condition she could probably just wipe out all the heroes on her own. But that's probably too inefficient. She wants to summon the gods and do something spectacularly horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just saw it.

Damn that was a good lore dump. It fleshed out the mythos of the world in a tangible way and gave a good sense for just how grand the main conflict actually is. It's an epic tragedy caused by the flaws and cruelty of humans, gods and those that are basically of both realms. Roosterteeth did a fantastic job with this crucial bit of the narrative.

It's nice to know that Salem can really throw down when required, and that due to her condition she could probably just wipe out all the heroes on her own. But that's probably too inefficient. She wants to summon the gods and do something spectacularly horrible.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I really didn't like the opening scene to Jojo this week
    What didn't you like?

Extraordinary Member

I hope that they make her just really badass.

But this is great news. Cass is finally getting some live action love, and I've read that she'll be in the final season of Gotham as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I hope that they make her just really badass.

But this is great news. Cass is finally getting some live action love, and I've read that she'll be in the final season of Gotham as well.
    Personally I'd love to see this kind of fighting in the movie.

I'm also curious as to how they'll portray her body reading aaaannnd her no kill rules.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

A Moment In The Life Of Kick-Ass 2.0.

Did not think that one through.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Personally I'd love to see this kind of fighting in the movie.

I'm also curious as to how they'll portray her body reading aaaannnd her no kill rules.
    Not gonna front... that is some of the weirdest choreography I've seen in a while.

As an outsider looking in with admittedly -very- little knowledge of UK politics, I kind of thought that Brexit would ultimately turn out to be for the best for the country (unlike say over here with Trump where I understood we were in for what I then could only describe as "rough times ahead"). But seeing how the arrangement and agreement is being bungled, now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Florida, a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
    Having lived in Florida for a huge chunk of my life, and still visiting the state regularly, what's wrong with Florida?

I mean besides the tropical storms/hurricanes and the humidity...

Anyways, going over my character list for that story I may never finish, I have a mad scientist who punches his way through the dimensional barriers between universes that are getting fed upon by some spider monster elder god thing from beyond space. Punching his way thanks to some retro-mad science looking gloves which are basically half spheres over each fist which when he puts his hands together makes some lightning spewing Tesla orb thing. And he fights mad cultists and spider monsters and spider mutant cultists because yeah. Basically his parts of the book play like some pulp science fiction action crazy thing, versus the more horror tinged chapters focusing on other characters.

Thing is, last night as I was listening to the radio while drying off after my shower, I thought, what if instead of talking, this guy just sings everything he says? Like, he's a "mad" scientist right, what if singing is just a symptom of his brand of crazy? Can I even get that across in a book? Especially since I'm no lyricist? So I'm thinking I just have him talk in a weird manner I think sounds song-ish and put everything he says in italics. Started a couple paragraphs having him fighting some mutant cultists on a dying earth right before that reality completely falls apart just to play with the idea some. So some thoughts would be nice. Good idea? Bad idea? Better way to pull it off?

Also he's a black guy (because not enough black mad scientists in fiction) named Howard Allan Fort (cause rip off names of HP Lovecraft (Howard), Edgar Allan Poe, and Charles Fort). Kind of on the nose, but still...