Page 2437 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 143719372337238724272433243424352436243724382439244024412447 ... LastLast
Results 36,541 to 36,555 of 36895
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He was technically the first person to use the spear as a finishing move, but then Edge was using it the following year, and by the early 2000s guys like Batista were using it (and in both cases more safely than Goldberg) so why it bothers him that others are using it now is a mystery.

I mean he had like 3 moves. I’m not having him selling himself as some sort of maven of wrestling innovation.

When KENTA complains about CM Punk using the GTS, I have a little more sympathy, in that KENTA has actual skills.

But even then, it’s only A LITTLE more sympathy, because the business evolves, new people create new moves that then get adopted by others. It’d be like gymnasts or figure skaters that develop new moves complaining when others start using them. It’s ridiculous.

Goldberg has always had a chip on his shoulder, and it’s not getting any smaller with age.
    actually, goldberg didn't even use the spear as a finisher. it was a set up to the jackhammer. i think rhyno was the first wrestler to use the spear (or as he called it, the gore) as a finisher.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, I'm not up on wrestling, but I admit to curiosity. What's this guy complaining about?

Other than losing his undefeated streak to a 'girl'. Yeesh. Choice of words says a lot.
    In context, he's implying that one of the higher ups (In this case Triple H) was trying to tarnish his reputation by having his streak get surpassed and having one of his signature moves become so common that it becomes less special.

While Triple H is no saint, in this case it's mostly sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    In context, he's implying that one of the higher ups (In this case Triple H) was trying to tarnish his reputation by having his streak get surpassed and having one of his signature moves become so common that it becomes less special.

While Triple H is no saint, in this case it's mostly sour grapes
    mind you, goldberg streak was overblown to the point where its mostly just hot air. it ended at around 170 or so but in reality, it was probably between 20 and 50 matches.

but bill totally believes it.

That’s actually disappointing. Even though I wasn’t reading it, it sounded like something very, very different from the norm.

So he’s basically bald Jean Grey. Got it.
    krakoa had a great start when hickman was running it. then it started to slide downwards. it wasn't all bad. it just kind of fell off without a guiding hand in it.

basically, turns out all of it was masterminded by nathieal essex. not mr. sinister. the OG dr. essex. turns out that he wanted to become a A.I. god of sorts and created 4 clones to make this happen without their knowledge: the diamond clone was mr. sinister, who would carry on his work for studying human mutants.. the club clone was dr. stasis, whom had a massive hate boner for mutants. the spade clone was orbis stallaris, space arms dealer. and the hearts clone was mother righteous, the only non-essex clone (she was a clone of his late wife), who was a dealer in mystical stuff.

the engima dominion, aka A.I. god, was essex himself but because of the fact it exists outside of time itself, he has already achieved this godhood of his before he even came to be. so whenever one of his clones become a dominion, essex would stop it, absorb the data they collected and just reset everything, thanks to mr. sinster creating the "moira engine", a protocal in his lab that created clones of moira mctaggart, the woman who started the whole thing of krakoa itself. it would kill one of the clones and basically reset the timeline if sinster's plans fail, with only himself retaining any memory of it.

now, essex needed krakoa to happen, so that orcis, the organization formed to opposed krakoa, would be formed and would go on to make leaps in A.I. tech, which essex needed to make his ascent into godhood possible.

prof X. learned and had krakoa create a separate based outside of time for them to stop essex and the only way to stop him is prevent krakoa from ever happening and for prof X, that means going back in time and killing moira mctaggert because her mutant powers kicked in.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Probably Lesnar. That feud was a car crash.
    According to YouTube it was Edge and Batista at a Raw Vs. Smackdown themed Pay-per-view. (Survivor Series?)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Speaking of Sandland, has anyone try the demo?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

spent over 300 bucks on fivver book promotions. saw exactly one sale from it.

lesson learned.

Welp. It hung around for years after we finished playing, but our Anima game on Rpol no longer exists.

Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Welp. It hung around for years after we finished playing, but our Anima game on Rpol no longer exists.

This makes me sad. There was lots of good writing in that.

*sighs*

I guess it got culled with the new setup coming in.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

RIP to that. Probably one of the first of the few things like that I've ever done and it was a lot of fun.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    RIP to that. Probably one of the first of the few things like that I've ever done and it was a lot of fun.
    I've rather enjoyed my RPG's with you two. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Chainsaw Man: Holy ****. Asa rolled a Natural 20 in Persuasion.