Page 100 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 36799

I think Bakugo has had some excellent character development. Not saying he isn’t a jerk but he’s definitely become a lot more likable over the series. You can definitely tell that the multiple times that he’s been humbled have had a positive effect on him.

Anyone here read Jigokuraku?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Nice to see you again, Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    As a fan of Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger novels, I approve of this psycho otter stealing the crown.
    Mudge, hah. I haven't thought about those books in a looooong time.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nice to see you again, Fist.

Mudge, hah. I haven't thought about those books in a looooong time.
    Thanks man how you been?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The problem is that it's a very big 'BUT'. So big that it makes the whole comparison pointless. Not to mention that Naruto, for the big chunk of the series, was an underdog shunned by almost everyone. Whereas Bakugo is the exact opposite. And when did Naruto ever got a decisive win against Sasuke like Bakugo did against Deku few episodes ago?

This comparison makes no sense.
    The comparisson is based on their base personalities not their accomplishments (though Naruto was able to defeat Gaara when Sasuke couldn't do jack **** in that situation so there, yes it counts). They're both loud, brash, determined and ambitious characters that start off craving attention, and then they experience character development and become better people.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I think Bakugo has had some excellent character development. Not saying he isn’t a jerk but he’s definitely become a lot more likable over the series. You can definitely tell that the multiple times that he’s been humbled have had a positive effect on him.
    Exactly.

He started out a massive jerk bully and there're definitely things he needs to apologize for from that time. But he's steadily been growing into a better person as the series has progressed.

Anyone here read Jigokuraku?
    Yep. It's a pretty interesting manga. Ninja on death row goes to get the elixir of immortality for the government so he can be with his wife. Freaky **** happens.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

How you been bro?
    Pretty okay, I'd say. Business is finally picking up, so that's good, just exhausting.

How's it been going with you ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The problem is that it's a very big 'BUT'. So big that it makes the whole comparison pointless. Not to mention that Naruto, for the big chunk of the series, was an underdog shunned by almost everyone. Whereas Bakugo is the exact opposite. And when did Naruto ever got a decisive win against Sasuke like Bakugo did against Deku few episodes ago?

This comparison makes no sense.
    This, I never recall Naruto being an outright bully to the weak. That's a big character distinction.

Extraordinary Member

Happy 100 pages everybody

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    This, I never recall Naruto being an outright bully to the weak. That's a big character distinction.
    So?

Nobody's saying that Bakugo is a perfect replica of Naruto.

The point is that there are similarities, as well as as differences, between the two. That's why it's worth making a comparisson in the first place.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Thanks man how you been?
    Better shape than I have been in years. ^_^ Life is pretty good as well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So?

Nobody's saying that Bakugo is a perfect replica of Naruto.

The point is that there are similarities, as well as as differences, between the two. That's why it's worth making a comparisson in the first place.
    Bakugo would be better compared to Sasuke since they fill a similar niche in the story. Rivals to the main with a complicated relationship.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

awww ****. it's fist! what up, dude?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Bakugo would be better compared to Sasuke since they fill a similar niche in the story. Rivals to the main with a complicated relationship.
    I think you missed the point, what he was saying was that Bakugo's personality and design are more in line with the stock shonen hero.