Re:Zero Season 2, E1: Yup, the relentless and unrepentant hell that is Subaru's life begins again and I am currently crying after watching the first episode. You'd think reading the web and light novels would've prepared me for the emotional backlash of the anime, but nope, I still cried like a baby. And it's only going to get worse.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Definitely needs some more polish but it does look like my kind of game.

It does look kinda jank, but...maybe promising? I can't tell if it's an action dog or some sorta attempt at a werewolf character action game.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So, what exactly is the draw for ‘The Boys’?

I’ve never quite understood people’s draw towards it. The comic more so than the tv show, as it seems far darker than the three episodes I watched.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

I’ve never quite understood people’s draw towards it. The comic more so than the tv show, as it seems far darker than the three episodes I watched.
    In the comics the draw is basically edge.

Hyper violence, a ton of sex and sexual violence, very crude humour, the whole thing of "conventional superheroes are no match for a hard man in a leather trench coat,"

It's a very crude masculine power fantasy as imagined by teenage boys.

I also think it's an awful comic.

The TV show seems to be a bit more balanced and is more about critiquing capitalism by way of corporate superheroes.

It’s not the best thing that Ennis has written but I find it entertaining. I do think that Butcher is one of the best characters that he has written. He’s an evil man dealing with evil people and I rather enjoy.

Yeah. The Boys is Garth zen is saying “ screw you” to super heroes at large. That’s basically the point. The most famous heroes of that universe care only for themselves and their own wants, not the good of the world.

The Boys are government agents in the book, artificially made super too and their job is to prevent super heroes from attempting to overthrow the government.

The show is much better so far, better story and display. Also it makes the Boys in that verse not a top secret government agency, just Bill Butcher and his crew sticking it to the supers.

Why does Bill hate them? His wife was raped by Super Man and the child birth killed her. In the comics anyway, show, well it is not over yet so not spoiling that.

But, Bill in show is more humane than book counterpart whom at the end BECAME the big bad guy ( wanting to kill all super people after avenging his wife.)

So yeah, it is not everyone’s cup of tea obviously, I got one keep away from the book. It’s just that bad.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Looks pretty good, but unless it has a mode you can activate where things that are normally running around human speed suddenly are slow-mo, it's lacking something. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In the comics the draw is basically edge.

Hyper violence, a ton of sex and sexual violence, very crude humour, the whole thing of "conventional superheroes are no match for a hard man in a leather trench coat,"

It's a very crude masculine power fantasy as imagined by teenage boys.

I also think it's an awful comic.

The TV show seems to be a bit more balanced and is more about critiquing capitalism by way of corporate superheroes.
    Didn't much like the comic series (quite reading) and won't be watching the show.

Much more happy about The Umbrella Academy season 2.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

See, yeah, that’s what I thought. Never read the comic, but everything I heard was definitely not up my alley.

The show......ehh, I like Karl Urban and all but sorry, the ‘all supers are douche bags’ got old real quick.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

That was a good chapter of Kengan Omega. Rihito don’t let me down.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah...The Boys is definitely hard to get by if it's not your cup of tea. Like...I wouldn't recommend trying to continue reading it if you're uncomfortable at the start. It hits hard and it doesn't ease up in my personal experience.

...No opinion on the show since I haven't seen it.