Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Watched the first two episodes of the God of Highschool anime.

Moving at a good clip. Hope no one is fan of spoilers:
    Go Gamdo
    end of spoilers because that's about all he's going to significantly do for the rest of the story.

Animation is super nice, energy is pretty good. They've simplified the opening a bit, tweaked some sequences and the like. It's a fun show!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    spoilers:

Is Cocaine still his God?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yes, is he still a spoilers:
    cocaine-snorting madman who's constantly screaming and ranting about how cocaine is his God?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's still constantly high on Cocaine and very hammy, but he can reign it in long enough to do business
    end of spoilers

Michael: Huh, being immolated and having a burning building collapse upon me is quite a fascinating yet strangely nostalgic experience for me. Well, I suppose it's time for me to search for my gilf of a girlfriend once again. Murder, murder, murder, murder, murder...
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I want a Sovereign of Judgement anime so bad. Like, the novel's probably not even all that good in a critical way, but I still want to see it animated, just to see how people would react to the madness that is Choi Hyuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of the God of Highschool anime.

Moving at a good clip. Hope no one is fan of spoilers:
    Go Gamdo
    end of spoilers because that's about all he's going to significantly do for the rest of the story.

Animation is super nice, energy is pretty good. They've simplified the opening a bit, tweaked some sequences and the like. It's a fun show!
    Given the things I remembered being said about where the story goes here, are you hoping the anime goes its own route?

Because I imagine it would have to suck watching a show that you already know is going places you don't care for.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Given the things I remembered being said about where the story goes here, are you hoping the anime goes its own route?

Because I imagine it would have to suck watching a show that you already know is going places you don't care for.
    I've no secret of the fact that I think the GoH comic fell of a cliff in terms of quality after a certain point. Watching the anime... I can't deny that I did sigh deeply and audibly say "Oh man, Mira has like... an arc and stuff at this point," while watching it. It's a mixed feeling because the story at this point is engaging and fun and the characters feel pretty fleshed out and all that.

As myself and others have noted, the first major arc of GoH is perhaps its best. I would personally say that some of the clever writing in the third major arc and parts of the second also get up there but the first arc is very consistent.

To your question, I would be extremely interested to see the anime go in another direction for some plot points. I think genuine adaptation, meaning that the adaptation doesn't feel necessarily tied to the original plot, is super interesting to look at. However, I don't think they will deviate from the bad decisions that are coming, for all its current faults, the series is still quite popular.

All that said though, the really bad stuff is at least several seasons away so I'm perfectly happy to keep watching for the moment. If they ever get past the Ragnarok arc, that's when I will have to politely check out but until then, I'm good.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Sensible outcome, but I'm kinda surprised that the vote was that even

You know, I think I've been a bit to negative about stuff in this chat thread recently. I'm just going to throw out some stuff I like that I've read or watched recently.

FistofIron is 100% right, Close Enough is really fun and funny. A real evolution from Regular Show but still retaining a lot of the same energy. If you're in your 30s and want to laugh but also feel seen in terms of the position of our generation, this is a good fit.

Souboutei Kowasu Beshi is one of the best manga happening at the moment. Flatly. It's so streamlined and explosive and just fun, there's precious little like it happening at the moment. I would love for this show to have a high budget anime adaptation but, even then, the ridiculous artwork would not completely translate.

Kingdom the period Korean zombie political thriller series on Netflix is incredible. It's super well made, very well plotted and has constantly surprised me and drawn me right the **** in. Love this show a whole lot!

I recently played through Hollow Knight and it was way larger, more engaging and way more fun than I expected. Great music, great art direction and tight controls. Challenging, beautiful and a whole lot of fun. It's been a long time since I felt like I was actively discovering things on my own and feeling smart because of it. I sank 40 hours into it and beat like... 91% of the game? I beat the story but had some sidequests left undone.

But yeah, there are some neat things I have been interacting with recently.

Whelp. For every good thing a bad thing occurs.

My grandma ( mom’s side) has Covid.

Also apparently I got checked on a screening and had it and had no idea. For me all it did was a head ache, like having to sleep it off. But yeah I am worried for her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

Also apparently I got checked on a screening and had it and had no idea. For me all it did was a head ache, like having to sleep it off. But yeah I am worried for her.
    All I can do is offer a prayer that she recovers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I offer a prayer for your grandmother Chou.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Praying for a quick recovery, Chou.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Glad you're still with us Chou. Sending prayers and wishes to your grandmother and hoping for a quick recovery.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Pyrrha Enoshima!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.