Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, I think I'm officially done with Fimfiction.net. I can't believe a little girl's show that teaches you about tolerance, love, and friendship could attract so many hate groups and the moderators are utterly complicit about it. It's a damn shame.
    What? I feel like you need to explain this a bit more.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    What? I feel like you need to explain this a bit more.
    Incels, Anti-Semites, Racists, Fascists, Rape Apologists, Anti-feminists: The site harbors a startling number of forums dedicated to these groups on this site alone. Not nearly enough that they are the majority, mind you, but they are loud and active within the site's community, not to mention unrestrained. A friend of mine of there recently reported how said-groups were harassing him for being a active supporter of BLM, including making threats to doxx his house and vandalize his user account. He reported this to the mods and the mods told him that they didn't find any issue with these threats, which prompted him to leave. So, I'm making tracks too, because I am not comfortable being on a site that dismissively allows that type of discrimination to slide. It's a shame since this is my go-to place for good MLP stories, but it's not worth tolerating that bullshit.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

MLP has always had a very large following in alt right circles for whatever reason. The community only recently started to "deal with its Nazi problem," according to an article I read earlier this year.

If you're not watching Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you are flatly missing out on some of the best fight scenes in Western animation.

The recent mid-series finale was a step up from an already ridiculous pedigree.

Such a bonkers good show.

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Asta's ready to make his first Faustian deal with AMD and I have a feeling that the penalty will cost him more than his limbs, this time.
    end of spoilers

MHA: spoilers:
    The heroes are getting wrecked, left and right. Miss Midnight and Mt.Lady put up a valiant fight, but are taken down. Now, it all comes down to Momo and her impromptu team to neutralize Re-Destro. Yeah, no pressure there.
    end of spoilers

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Chainsaw Man is very dark this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just read that sentence back to yourself.

No rush. Take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just read that sentence back to yourself.

No rush. Take your time.
    It's normally quite an upbeat series with a lot of humour.

This week, man, very dark.

Is it a chainsaw that is a man, or a man made of chainsaws?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Oh, I’m sure it’s usually a bundle of rainbows and kittens.

But on name value alone, “Chainsaw Man” being dark should probably be a surprise to approximately zero people except lumberjacks and tree surgeons.

And even then, any ‘surgeon’ that uses a chainsaw is probably not a surgeon I’d want to consult.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: spoilers:
    So the biggest news is that Kaido just decapitated Orochi, seemingly killing him, in one of the swiftest and most brutal executions show on screen in the series.

But Orochi's devil fruit is the Hydra fruit, so it's very possible that decapitation does nothing to him even in his human form. Still, he's been shown to not be relevant at all in terms of power here. But he's still got a lot of potential narrative weight. So it'll be interesting to see what Oda does with him if he's still alive or not.
    end of spoilers
    Black Clover: spoilers:
    Asta's ready to make his first Faustian deal with AMD and I have a feeling that the penalty will cost him more than his limbs, this time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "Take part of your body." can mean so many things. My first guess is that Asta's about to get a permanent Devil Bringer-ish appendage. But if AMD decides to go for something internal, that would also quite an interesting development.

I do like the fairly cordial relationship Asta and AMD have so. It's different from a lot of shounen protags and their inner demons.
    end of spoilers
    MHA: spoilers:
    The heroes are getting wrecked, left and right. Miss Midnight and Mt.Lady put up a valiant fight, but are taken down. Now, it all comes down to Momo and her impromptu team to neutralize Re-Destro. Yeah, no pressure there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They wish it was Re-Destro they're supposed to take out. No no. Re-Destro is busy with Edgeshot. Momo and her team are planning on stopping Gigantomachia himself. That's a definite source of pressure.

It'll be interesting to see if Kirishima and Mina recognizes the big oaf from the last time they ran into him. Expect Kirishima to jump in and tank a hit for Mina to make up for his inability to move last time. I'm not looking forward to that and I AM looking forward to that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is it a chainsaw that is a man, or a man made of chainsaws?
    The latter mostly.

Huh.

That's pretty neat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

spoilers:
    "Take part of your body." can mean so many things. My first guess is that Asta's about to get a permanent Devil Bringer-ish appendage. But if AMD decides to go for something internal, that would also quite an interesting development.

I do like the fairly cordial relationship Asta and AMD have so. It's different from a lot of shounen protags and their inner demons.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Part of me suspects that it may be a mix of both, with Asta's body become more demon-like and the possibility that AMD may take portions of Asta's mind or soul as compensation
    end of spoilers

And yeah, Asta and AMD's relationship is definitely a refreshing take compared to other shonen protagonists' interactions with their inner demons.

spoilers:
    They wish it was Re-Destro they're supposed to take out. No no. Re-Destro is busy with Edgeshot. Momo and her team are planning on stopping Gigantomachia himself. That's a definite source of pressure.

It'll be interesting to see if Kirishima and Mina recognizes the big oaf from the last time they ran into him. Expect Kirishima to jump in and tank a hit for Mina to make up for his inability to move last time. I'm not looking forward to that and I AM looking forward to that.
    end of spoilers
    D'oh! I got their names mixed up. Everyone ignore that! Nothing to see here! It's all Cthulhu's fault.

I just read it an hour ago. That was quite the tonal shift from Chainsaw Man's usual macabre comedy.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-19-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Huh.

That's pretty neat.
    The series is really good.

It's very weird and hyper violent but also has radical visual design, is unexpectedly sincere and is often really funny. Would highly recommend!