Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Part of me is interested.

Another part of me wonders why I should watch a feature length Youtube video of a guy who, I assume, complains a lot about it.

There's a lot of videos like that. What seperates this one from the rest?
    Haven't seen it yet myself, but hbomberguy is up there when it comes to analyzing certain topics like this. Not as good as Super EyePatch Wolf or Soul, in my opinion, but his stuff is generally worth watching.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-28-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I agree with Yun generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Part of me is interested.

Another part of me wonders why I should watch a feature length Youtube video of a guy who, I assume, complains a lot about RWBY (which I generally like).

There's a lot of videos like that. What seperates this one from the rest?
    Also, it isn't wholly negative is the thing. The choice to call is disappointing is a riff on his usual title format "X is garbage and here's why, or "X is genius and here's why," He talks a lot about things in the show that are good but also goes in-depth about how the whole show (within the first three seasons) fit together.

Hbomb also does a really good job at making a long video feel really quite zippy. I mostly watched it while I made dinner and ate. Went down pretty easy.

I mean, you're not required to watch all of it or even try it but I think it's worth the time.

spoilers:

All Hail The Ranger Slayer. Queen Of The Coinless/Drakkon's World!

All Hail Queen Kimberly.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

You can't spoil an image, especially not one that looks that good.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You can't spoil an image, especially not one that looks that good.
    True enough!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I agree with Yun generally.

Also, it isn't wholly negative is the thing. The choice to call is disappointing is a riff on his usual title format "X is garbage and here's why, or "X is genius and here's why," He talks a lot about things in the show that are good but also goes in-depth about how the whole show (within the first three seasons) fit together.

Hbomb also does a really good job at making a long video feel really quite zippy. I mostly watched it while I made dinner and ate. Went down pretty easy.

I mean, you're not required to watch all of it or even try it but I think it's worth the time.
    Minor Update: Watched It.

While there were a few things I could go "eh" at, there was a lot of points that made me go, "Wait, didn't I think the same thing back when I first watched it?"
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-28-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I know there are some RWBY... fans? People who watch it and get mad...? Whatever?

HBomberguy has done a two and a half hour video on the series and why he thinks it is ultimately disappointing, focusing primarily on the first three seasons. I found it very interesting to watch even though I'm only like... barely aware of what RWBY is as a show.

Thought others might find it interesting.

Huh, didn't expect to see this posted here. Watched it. Liked it. I didn't agree with everything, but there are bits that I thought were pretty spot on.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

So what feats does Sailor Galaxia have? Is there anything to even remotely suggest she would be a good fight for Beerus?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So what feats does Sailor Galaxia have? Is there anything to even remotely suggest she would be a good fight for Beerus?
    I don't remember much, but IIRC she's a casual planet buster with near-lightspeed movements in the Manga.
    Not really on Beerus' level.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I don't remember much, but IIRC she's a casual planet buster with near-lightspeed movements in the Manga.
    Of course, this is Death Battle, so they might downplay Beerus and scale up Galaxia through comparing her to someone she's fought. They've done the latter before at least once this season with Goro, where they use feats from Kabal and Kotal Khan because Goro can fight them in-game.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Of course, this is Death Battle, so they might downplay Beerus and scale up Galaxia through comparing her to someone she's fought. They've done the latter before at least once this season with Goro, where they use feats from Kabal and Kotal Khan because Goro can fight them in-game.
    Probably.
    But it would be hilarious if Beerus just ended it with a Hakai.

"This was a surprisingly even match!"

All I'm saying is, this should've been a OMM.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Probably.
    But it would be hilarious if Beerus just ended it with a Hakai.

"This was a surprisingly even match!"

All I'm saying is, this should've been a OMM.
    Did some Sailor Galaxia research, and I saw something that they may use to grant her the win: Her ability to rip the Star Seed (Essence) out of an opponent and reduces them to nothing by pointing at them, which the source I saw says is unblockable. Unless this is something that can only be done to Sailor Scouts, but that source doesn't say.
    - C.S. Lewis

I don't recall the scouts possessing any form of superspeed, what feats did they perform that makes them near light?
    Who could they compare her too that could impact things?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Did some Sailor Galaxia research, and I saw something that they may use to grant her the win: Her ability to rip the Star Seed (Essence) out of an opponent and reduces them to nothing by pointing at them, which the source I saw says is unblockable. Unless this is something that can only be done to Sailor Scouts, but that source doesn't say.
    It's not exclusive to Sailors since she did this to a planet and it's how she killed Mamoru, IIRC.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!