Page 106 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 36869
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Devil fruits are interesting but there had to be a way for guys like shanks and roger to justify why they were/are the top dogs of the one piece world without having a DF.
    Sure. Plus, it's already a wacky universe with so much going on, something like Haki doesn't really feel out of place. It's just, I dunno, Luffy's thing was his DF, but now he's also the super legendary haki master, and his power-up forms just get weirder and uglier looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I am quite okay with this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    But Gon took up the most narrative time to learn. Luffy learned Haki over a timeskip

True. One Piece has always had a lot of variety in it's combat. It's not a relly good comparison here. Something like Naruto or Jojo would be better

actually, really thinking about it, naruto spent the most narrative time to learn. between the start of part 1 and part 2, naruto had about 4 training arcs: training with team 7, training with kakashi in the land of waves, training with jiraya for the chunin exam, and training with jiraiya again to barely learn the rasengan. and after part 2 started, he trained with kakashi to create his own jutsu, trained on toad mountain to master sage mode and trained to control kurama's power.

relatively, gon trained not as much: train a little at the zoldyck compound, which just increased his strength so it really doesn't count in the long run, trained with wing on basic nen use, trained with biscky on more advanced techs, and trained with biscky against in the chimera ant arc. and considering that his fighting style seems a bit more versitile than almost anyone in the main group, it's impressive that he could do what he did with such a simple idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Sure. Plus, it's already a wacky universe with so much going on, something like Haki doesn't really feel out of place. It's just, I dunno, Luffy's thing was his DF, but now he's also the super legendary haki master, and his power-up forms just get weirder and uglier looking.
    well i wouldn't say luffy is a haki master. as we saw in his fight with katakuri, he still has a lot to learn about it.

Yeah, apparently there's a future sight aspect to Haki too. An extension of what Enel was doing back in Skypiea perhaps?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, apparently there's a future sight aspect to Haki too. An extension of what Enel was doing back in Skypiea perhaps?
    his "mantra" was strong enough to hear voices and heartbeats from immense distances. katakuri's was just seeing the future for a few seconds. so it's a bit different.

now that i think about it, gon was a very versatile enhancer, especially when compared to others in the same class.

uvogin, phinks, and Nobunaga are all enhancers and their fighting styles are extremely basic. hell, Nobunaga hasn't shown a Hatsu ability since his introduction, making him probably the most basic nen user introduced so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think Mantra was actually just haki. There's always been hints of it being around since the beginning when Shanks glared that sea monster away.

You know, in the most recent MHA chapter, I find it hilarious that they try to talk up Yaoyorozu after her team got curbstomped in a 4-0 blowout for 1-B. Hell, in the first battle, even though they lost, 1-B at least managed to capture 2 members of 1-A's team before losing.

And Kendou saying "I don't really feel like I won" was especially hilarious, considering she was dragging around Yaoyorozu's unconscious body while capturing Hagakure. What does she consider "winning"? Would she say that she feels All Might "didn't really win" against All For One?

But seriously, you can't talk up a character after their team gets beaten so thoroughly, the only way it could be more embarrassing is if Team 1-B teabagged them all Halo-style after winning.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I think Mantra was actually just haki. There's always been hints of it being around since the beginning when Shanks glared that sea monster away.
    yeah, rayleigh said it was called mantra on the sky islands when he was explaining haki to luffy.

after reading chapter 39, i'm gonna come out and say it: i dont like the T.O.P. in the manga. too fast and too much crap in it that doesn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    You know, in the most recent MHA chapter, I find it hilarious that they try to talk up Yaoyorozu after her team got curbstomped in a 4-0 blowout for 1-B. Hell, in the first battle, even though they lost, 1-B at least managed to capture 2 members of 1-A's team before losing.

And Kendou saying "I don't really feel like I won" was especially hilarious, considering she was dragging around Yaoyorozu's unconscious body while capturing Hagakure. What does she consider "winning"? Would she say that she feels All Might "didn't really win" against All For One?

But seriously, you can't talk up a character after their team gets beaten so thoroughly, the only way it could be more embarrassing is if Team 1-B teabagged them all Halo-style after winning.
    To be fair, Tsukyomi...Tordoki...Night Hawk man, pretty much won, but he wasn't willing to go as far as the other team.

They were pretty much willing to suffocate him, and he wasn't thinking about actually going for the KO during a training match.

Kendou was the team leader, but abandoned her duty to try and close in on Momo 1v1. While she thought she had the advantage, she forgot - for whatever reason - that Momo's power is to figuratively pull things out her her ass, like that cannon.

If Momo shot Kendou, it would've been gg for her, but she didn't. Furthermore because Kendou forgot that this was a nonlethal exercise, she didn't think to intercept the grab-bag.

If Tokoyami with all that prep didn't waste the advantage and pull his punches on mushroom girl, they could have come back pretty quickly.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so child emperor isn't a S-class hero for nothing.

little guy is a beast.
    Is there a newer chapter than 143 out? The latest one my manga reader app has is the second Flashy Flash solo.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Not to mention that Momo's quirk is INSANELY convenient. And her team still lost. 0-4.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Not to mention that Momo's quirk is INSANELY convenient. And her team still lost. 0-4.
    Kendou brought fists to a gunfight, that's a huge tactical blunder. If she were facing an actual villain that wouldn't have ended nearly so well.

Still, the narration is quite clear it's not all about the numbers, but how quickly outcomes can change with the slightest errors.