Page 107 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 36799

Really enjoying these One Punch Man chapters focusing on the S Rank heroes and how good they really are

Extraordinary Member

Regarding what counts as a combat system for One Piece, it kinda depends on how you define a combat system. If it's something along the lines of "How the characters do all their wacky anime magic", then DFs are absolutely one part of said system with haki being another part, specifically haki is part of the advanced class of the combat system.

If you think a combat system is more like "what they call and how they use their inner energy" then it is limited to haki.

I personally go for the former since DF abilites are so complex and such an important part of the combat for a lot of One Piece characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    You know, in the most recent MHA chapter, I find it hilarious that they try to talk up Yaoyorozu after her team got curbstomped in a 4-0 blowout for 1-B. Hell, in the first battle, even though they lost, 1-B at least managed to capture 2 members of 1-A's team before losing.

And Kendou saying "I don't really feel like I won" was especially hilarious, considering she was dragging around Yaoyorozu's unconscious body while capturing Hagakure. What does she consider "winning"? Would she say that she feels All Might "didn't really win" against All For One?

But seriously, you can't talk up a character after their team gets beaten so thoroughly, the only way it could be more embarrassing is if Team 1-B teabagged them all Halo-style after winning.
    To be fair, Todoroki was the only one hyping up his future waifu (when he should've been talking strategy with his team, then again Tetsutetsu was just as bad), because he felt confident in her abilities. And I'm glad he's not disappointed, just worried about Momo's confidence after the match.

As for Kendou. I think her comment is based on how she was more focused on settling a largely one-sided rivalry whereas Momo's instinct even when being pressured was to "Help the team". She sent out several gadgets that helped Tokoyami and Hagakure a lot and almost completely incapacitated Kendou in one fell swoop. Had Momo wanted to focus on the one on one fight she probably could've defeated Kendou with some non lethal cannon blast. But then, as far as she knew, she probably would've had to face 3 opponents on her own and the odds aren't great for that. Momo's actions can be seen as more rational and heroic, Your Mileage May Vary.

She bet on her team, and if Tokoyami had been a bit more forceful against Komori things might've been very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    To be fair, Tsukyomi...Tordoki...Night Hawk man, pretty much won, but he wasn't willing to go as far as the other team.

They were pretty much willing to suffocate him, and he wasn't thinking about actually going for the KO during a training match.
    You got it right the first time. Tsukuyomi is his hero name, Fumikage Tokoyami is his regular name.

And yeah, Komori chocking him out with mushrooms growing inside him is a brutal tactic he was not prepared for.

So far in these matches class B have been better at long term planning and class A have been better at improvising in the heat of combat. Gonna be interesting to see how the next three teams do. I'm especially interested in seeing what Pony the exchange student and Juzo who also got in through recommendations can do.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    True. One Piece has always had a lot of variety in it's combat. It's not a relly good comparison here. Something like Naruto or Jojo would be better
    I'm not sue I follow this statement. Both Naruto and especially Jojo have much more complex and various combat sequences, how are they now apt than the simpler One Piece?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Finally, the hero we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, can't stop reading Kengan Ashura now. I got a thread to thank for that.
    Nice you caught up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yep. It's a pretty interesting manga. Ninja on death row goes to get the elixir of immortality for the government so he can be with his wife. Freaky **** happens.
    I’m having fun with it. The action has some great energy to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty okay, I'd say. Business is finally picking up, so that's good, just exhausting.

How's it been going with you ?
    Glad to here it. What kind of business?

I’m doing good. About to take more classes so that I can get my degree faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Better shape than I have been in years. ^_^ Life is pretty good as well.
    Good stuff! I’m stronger than I’ve ever been but my cardio needs some work.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    awww ****. it's fist! what up, dude?
    What’s going on bro? Did you release your book yet?

I love these daily Kengan Ashua releases. This cast of characters is truly awesome. I hope they get to do more Gaiden in the future.

I'm hoping by December my life will have some semblances of order. Politics is a lot of work, but it should quiet down after the November elections.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Nice you caught up yet?
    Just finally got to the actual first round of the Annihilation tournament.

The stuff building up to it was pretty neat.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

What’s going on bro? Did you release your book yet?
    book dropped 2 months ago. sales are ok. bad news: youtube gave me a strike for talking about my own book on my own channel.

good news: krimson rogue, one of my favorite youtubers said he will review my book later this year.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I love these daily Kengan Ashua releases. This cast of characters is truly awesome. I hope they get to do more Gaiden in the future.
    the characters and fights are very...........baki-ish, if that's a word. it's the same kind of weight to them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the characters and fights are very...........baki-ish, if that's a word. it's the same kind of weight to them.
    Ditto.

Not to mention the great amount of deal given to the fighters and their managers so nobody really feels like tourney fodder like most tournament arcs do.