Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover:

spoilers:
    So, a few interesting tidbits in this chapter. It's finally confirmed that Grey's magic was never Transformation, though what magic it is in unknown. Meanwhile, Asta's devil arm is seemingly permanent and his devil has apparently given up on him after the battle with the Triad because of his weakness, which has left Asta feeling depressed and useless. And we're finally introduced to the Vice Captain of the Black Bulls and he is also devil possessed with Satan.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm feeling rather stumped by what Grey's actual magic could be. Maybe some kind of reality manipulation.

This chapter does a great job of showing Asta's despair at the current situation. I felt really bad for him. Though, he got a new cool sword at least.

Nacht looks cool, and I'm very interested in learning more about demons from him.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece 988:

spoilers:
    The battle begins revving up, with the samurai and sulong Minks vs Kaido and members of his crew. Sanji, using his raid suit, rescues Momo from his execution x and is attacked by King, which means they'll probably battle. Luffy is gearing up to fight Big Mom, and realizes he may have made a mistake in vocally challenging everyone on the opposing side, since it means he's got to fight through a lot of people before he can join the battle against Kaido.

Also, Franky and Brook knock over Big Mom by running into and over her face with a motorcycle to save Nami. It was hilarious and awesome.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do hope that Sanji gets to keep King as his main opponent this arc. He deserves to take down a billion bounty holder, and a sky battle between the two would be sick.

I like how Yamato is so dedicated to the goal of being Oden that they're thinking of Momonosuke as their son. That'll be a fun dynamic.

And while Big Mom getting run over is hilarious, it's just going to make things worse. She's already super pissed, and this won't help. They do need somebody that can actually take her on in a fight. Where's Marco when you need him?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    My Hero Academia Spoilers!

spoilers:

Rest In Peace Gran Torino. Killed in the line of duty by Tenko Shimura, the Grandson of his Best Friend, Nana Shimura.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Damn, that sucks. Not exactly surprised, considering how fond of Star Wars Horikoshi is, thus one could expect the hero's mentor to die against the villain.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think he's dead yet since it's not entirely confirmed. So he might be able to give some last few words of encouragement and wisdom to Deku before going away for good. But man this stings. He's easily one of the best old person mentors I've seen in years.

And things are about to get even worse. Shigaraki will unleash the quirk erasing bullet. But who will be hit by it?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New trailer for the Burn the Witch movie.

Interestingly enough, all the scenes in this trailer seem to be from the chapter that came out today. So it won't just cover the one shot chapter. Make me wonder if the movie and all four chapters of the manga will be covered in this movie.

As for the chapter that came out today. It's a lot of fun.

Kubo's character designs and interactions are on point as always. We're reintroduced to our main cast, their work and the fantastical setting their in.

I like the "no-nonsense just another workday" attitude Niiha and Noel have to hunting freaking dragons. And it'll be interesting where the series goes with these unfair rules and regulations that are in place in Reverse London.

It's only going to be four chapters, but I think that I'll really enjoy Burn the Witch.

Stargirl looks to be way more fun Batwoman was.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member

Super Eyepatch Wolf has another wrestling video out, this one on heels:

Stargirl looks to be way more fun Batwoman was.
    I didn't even know there was a Star Girl series.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I didn't even know there was a Star Girl series.
    Knowing is half the battle, Tami.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Knowing is half the battle, Tami.
    And, in this case, watching would be the other half of the battle.

Well, seen the latest Death Battle thanks to my First membership. Decided not to say who won this time, but I have to tell you all the next time, because, as said by a poster, it sounds like a shitpost:

spoilers:
    Archie Sonic vs. Wally West Flash
    end of spoilers.

Also, fun fact for this Death Battle, they actually got Dante Basco to provide the voice of Zuko.
    Last edited by The Dog; 08-23-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Think the entire battle here is actually subscribing to the DC streaming service, so let's just say it's one not many people want to fight

Well, seen the latest Death Battle thanks to my First membership. Decided not to say who won this time, but I have to tell you all the next time, because, as said by a poster, it sounds like a shitpost:

spoilers:
    Archie Sonic vs. Wally West Flash
    end of spoilers.

Also, fun fact for this Death Battle, they actually got Dante Bosco to provide the voice of Zuko.
    If Nostalgia Critic can get Bosco then I'd dare say any half decent audiences youtube series can, think he just genuinely likes the character/series
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-23-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Star Girl aired it's entire season on the CW

Oh, hey, if anyone is in the path of the hurricanes or dealing with wildfires I hope you stay safe. Take care.

That was a great knockout by Alexander Povetkin. That uppercut was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Test results back: negative. It's mostly clearing up now. Feeling largely less-stressed.

Thanks to all who sent good wishes.
    Whew. Glad you're okay Sharp.

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile in rthe Owl House, Eda has reached the "Spider-Man is no longer talking trash" level of angry

I’m making my way through Tom King’s Batman run. It’s a bit inconsistent. At times it’s really good but other times I’m left scratching my head.