Page 108 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 36910

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    book dropped 2 months ago. sales are ok. bad news: youtube gave me a strike for talking about my own book on my own channel.

good news: krimson rogue, one of my favorite youtubers said he will review my book later this year.
    YouTube is strange. What’s the name of your novel?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the characters and fights are very...........baki-ish, if that's a word. it's the same kind of weight to them.

Oh yeah it definitely reminds me of Baki.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Ditto.

Not to mention the great amount of deal given to the fighters and their managers so nobody really feels like tourney fodder like most tournament arcs do.
    I’m loving this cast. I hope we get more Gaiden in the future.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’m loving this cast. I hope we get more Gaiden in the future.
    The fact it gave us Jerry Tyson, the guy who think basing martial arts on animals is too weak to the point he created a new one based on modern human weapons, is enough to make me really enjoy the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    The fact it gave us Jerry Tyson, the guy who think basing martial arts on animals is too weak to the point he created a new one based on modern human weapons, is enough to make me really enjoy the cast.
    Dude his first line of dialogue had me in tears.

Glad to here it. What kind of business?

I’m doing good. About to take more classes so that I can get my degree faster.
    Fancy term is 'Non-emergency Medical Transportation' ... but basically I take people who can't otherwise get to medical appointments ... to medical appointments at no cost to them, as it's a function of Medicaid/Medicare.

But that's awesome ! It's always nice to be able to take care of school faster so you can get that degree. What are you after, if I may ask ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm not sue I follow this statement. Both Naruto and especially Jojo have much more complex and various combat sequences, how are they now apt than the simpler One Piece?
    One Piece doesn't have a primary combat system. The characters powers come from a variety of places. Naruto on the other hand has every major combatant use Chakra, while Jojo has the main characters use Hamon and the villains be Vampires, before Transitioning to Stands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

YouTube is strange. What’s the name of your novel?
    new world, by greg haynes.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    One Piece doesn't have a primary combat system. The characters powers come from a variety of places. Naruto on the other hand has every major combatant use Chakra, while Jojo has the main characters use Hamon and the villains be Vampires, before Transitioning to Stands
    Oh, so you were referring to the singularity of the system rather than the complexity of the resulting combat? I see.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Plague of Gripes is back and is being a caustic, insightful bitch as usual.

tl;dw: Kishimoto lost sight of his established theme in Shippuden and Rock Lee is the best

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

tl;dw: Kishimoto lost sight of his established theme in Shippuden and Rock Lee is the best
    I don't always agree with Plague but he's sometimes on the money with some things.

However, I disagree with the premise of the abridged results, Naruto is remarkably consistent with evolving themes for my money. I'll give this a watch maybe tomorrow.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't always agree with Plague but he's sometimes on the money with some things.

However, I disagree with the premise of the abridged results, Naruto is remarkably consistent with evolving themes for my money. I'll give this a watch maybe tomorrow.
    It's nothing we haven't heard or discussed before as the final chapters rolled out years ago, to be frank.

I do find Eli has a way of spinning things to make them seem exceptionally absurd in his perspective. The way he outlines the Hyuugas' problems in the first half of the series is pretty hilarious.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Discovered this guy not too long ago, love his DBZ vids.

Wait, what do you mean he's not a Dragonball channel? :P