Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    While on the subject, anything I should know vis-a-vis the rules regarding running RPGs around here? And also, like, in general?

I checked the Rules sticky thread but it seems very out of date. (Among other things stipulating there shall be no Downtown Khazan, a rule which is clearly no longer enforced.)
    Guy1 is the best one to ask. Originally there weren't supposed to be RPGs, post-2014, now we have two, so only he would know for sure.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I've attempted to start like... three of them over the last year or so and have received no pushback from mods for doing so.

I think as long as we're not overwhelmed with them, like it was like... 2008 - 2012, then I don't think the mods will mind to be honest.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Guy1 is the best one to ask. Originally there weren't supposed to be RPGs, post-2014, now we have two, so only he would know for sure.
    Are you suggesting that the board moderator is the only one who fully understands how this place is run these days? Like, everyone else is just winging it?

That is a very unconventional way to operate a forum. I think I like it.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Are you suggesting that the board moderator is the only one who fully understands how this place is run these days? Like, everyone else is just winging it?

More that no one's really stated anything, RPGs fell out of fashion for a hard like... two years or so, so it's pretty much Guy and Watcher's call as to whether they care or if there is a limitation.

I'll have you know I've grown quite jaded over the years, to the point of actually being a bit aggressive in online discussions, recklessly wielding rapier wit and searing sarcasm, after which I feel bad about it for a while and promise myself to do better. But I never do.

Basically, I've become a monster, and everything I swore to destroy.

Uh, I mean:

Hello, Gen.
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

The more things stay the same, the more things change. Or visa versa.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    More that no one's really stated anything, RPGs fell out of fashion for a hard like... two years or so, so it's pretty much Guy and Watcher's call as to whether they care or if there is a limitation.
    I'm fine with more myself but you might want to double check with Watcher to be sure.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Also, Hi Ghost!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm fine with more myself but you might want to double check with Watcher to be sure.
    Well, it's not like I have any plans or anything. I just like to know the regulations since I pride myself on being an orderly fellow.

Also, Hi Ghost!
    Good to see you.
    -Homer Simpson.

-Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So saw people mentioning that Kaiju No. 8 is an underappreciated gem in Jump at the moment so, as I'm sucker for fringe stuff, I checked it out.

And holy **** it's pretty rad. The art work is awesome, the plot is fun, the tone is a good mix of serious and comedic. Really good little series thus far, would recommend other people check it out.
    Oh yeah, Kaiju No. 8 is super fun.

The art is just really good and so far the plot is a lot of fun. Just the idea that our main character is a dude in his 30s is novel enough.

I'd also recommend that you check out Phantom Seer, also in Jump. It's only got three chapters so far but I'm kinda loving it already. It leans a bit more in the horror territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd also recommend that you check out Phantom Seer, also in Jump. It's only got three chapters so far but I'm kinda loving it already. It leans a bit more in the horror territory.
    That's also been loosely pinging on my radar recently, it's on the list.

I second Phantom Seer. It’s pretty damn good. Tsui no Taimashi and Juujika no Rokunin are other manga that I’m digging at the moment.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hey, Ghost - good to see you're still around!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Funfact: There is a "MMA fighter" in China whose social credit has been destroyed because he's been defeating "martial arts masters"
    Well, you get what you train for. If you train for forms, sparring against your own 'style', and point-fighting competitions, you're gonna get murdered by someone who trains rough-and-tumble, regardless of 'style'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate