Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know I disappeared for a time (1 or 2 years, I think) immediately after the site reboot, but when someone like you shows up, Ghost, that’s when I realise how many of us have been around for over a decade.

The poster retention stats for Rumbles must be insane once you get past the first 6 months.
    I've tried several times to walk away, and I just keep getting pulled back in. Not that I mind all that much.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I know I disappeared for a time (1 or 2 years, I think) immediately after the site reboot, but when someone like you shows up, Ghost, that’s when I realise how many of us have been around for over a decade.

The poster retention stats for Rumbles must be insane once you get past the first 6 months.
    But seriously. It's been like five or six years since I more or less dropped off the Rumbles radar, and it seems like such a long time ago now. Especially since it at least feels like I hung around this place for ages before that. And yet to my genuine amazement you guys are still here and don't seem to have changed much at all. Like you're some sort of primordial mosquitoes perfectly preserved in the purest amber.

Honestly, sorta makes me worry I'm the one who's changed the most. o__O
    Last edited by Fervidor; 09-14-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    But seriously. It's been like five or six years since I more or less dropped off the Rumbles radar, and it seems like such a long time ago now. Especially since it at least feels like I hung around this place for ages before that. And yet to my genuine amazement you guys are still here and don't seem to have changed much at all. Like you're some sort of primordial mosquitoes perfectly preserved in the purest amber.

Nah, we all have changed. We just keep it quiet, keep it to ourselves. Here on the board, time stands still, if only for a little while.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, you were last posting here as recently as two years ago.

Let's not leap to assumptions about people's personal changes or lack thereof. Might come off as a bit presumptuous.

Well yes. You're one of the few who has a new, post-reboot handle :P

The forum certainly does have a certain familiar, nostalgic aesthetic though, you're not wrong.

Personally, I came back for the RPGs a little over 2 years ago. That helps force me to write a little something every few days within the bounds of some worldly structure and lore, and staves off the rust by working with some collaborative creative work with immediate feedback to see what sticks.

Ah, but to escape the private shame of being one of many Internet people with 'muh story and OCs' lol

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, I've seen a whack of teachers that believe their own hype (and seen Xu Xiaodong fight people, and yeah...he's getting screwed). Yellow Bamboo is one of the names I remember...then there's the Tai Chi school led by a guy who wears mirrored sunglasses all the time. They have a 'picnic' video on Youtube somewhere that's absolutely atrocious to watch. Really feels like a cult.

And his 'students' literally throw themselves around for him, leaping up and down and staggering away (with great bounds) a good thirty, forty feet sometimes.

...I expect you've seen that one.

Not if Sifu Toph demands absolute adherence to bullcrap. ^_^
    I did. Matter of fact, I watched a video on them just this morning. It was the one where they were on the beach trying to expel their dark energy, I guess. When he body-checked one poor lady, that's when I checked out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Found an article on the history of Taekwondo. Anyone here know how legit this is?

https://www.****************/anime-f...y-of-taekwondo

EDIT: Can't get the link to work for some reason
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 09-14-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Found an article on the history of Taekwondo. Anyone here know how legit this is?

https://www.****************/anime-f...y-of-taekwondo

EDIT: Can't get the link to work for some reason
    It's on the CBR's Bad Word blacklist. I've seen it happen with several links. Can you post the article title? I can find it that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's on the CBR's Bad Word blacklist. I've seen it happen with several links. Can you post the article title? I can find it that way.
    IN-DEPTH: How The God of High School Revealed the True, Weird History of Taekwondo

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IN-DEPTH: How The God of High School Revealed the True, Weird History of Taekwondo
    I have the article, it looks interesting. I'll look it over and see if it makes sense based on what I know about Tae Kwon Do.

Classic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'm not sure of the context and I think that makes this funnier. Cassie is dominant.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

I am the rock of the eternal shore.